Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What’s that one idea you just can’t get scratched

Flex

Planetoid
You know what I mean!? Maybe it’s inspired from a TV series, or a movie, but god do you want to play something similar. Something that dwells on all the things you loved so much in what you watched. Or, maybe it’s completed created of your own creativity. Some massive plot with ideas for how you’d hope it plays out, or how the character opposite yours will be. For whatever reason, you never are able to get this one off the ground, or worse it starts and flops.

For example: My perfect story is MC being some sword wielding magic user who has grey area ambitions, perhaps even falling into the dark area. However, the female character is a strong willed good woman. Preferably with some sort of combat prowess of her own. It would be a huge play on “the enemy of my enemy is my friend.” He’s terrible, but he’s also strong enough to fight whatever it is she needs fought. With the worlds aligning they fall in an ill-advised love and both begin compromising who they are for each other.

One day I’ll find this…one day!

Before Rule 4a was implemented, I had wanted to do a retelling of the episode in Love, Death and Robots called "Pop Squad". Unfortunately, with the new rule, it won't be possible, at least not on BMR. I'm not about to go breaking rules just because I'm dying to do it.

I also had another plot about a possessed crusader who is spared death by a mysterious oracle who is similarly possessed by the essence of the same deity they both worship, and together they go on a quest to rid the crusader of the offending daemon. I've had it picked up a couple times, but it never got off the ground.

Before Rule 4a was implemented, I had wanted to do a retelling of the episode in Love, Death and Robots called "Pop Squad". Unfortunately, with the new rule, it won't be possible, at least not on BMR. I'm not about to go breaking rules just because I'm dying to do it.

I also had another plot about a possessed crusader who is spared death by a mysterious oracle who is similarly possessed by the essence of the same deity they both worship, and together they go on a quest to rid the crusader of the offending daemon. I've had it picked up a couple times, but it never got off the ground.

That second one sounds interesting. How does the possession affect them? Does the oracle seek to be freed from it too?

Hm, mine is a little less specific than these examples. Sometimes it is a Soldier and the AI of his ship, sometimes it is the Prince of a beleaguered part of the galaxy and his sapient robotic attendant, but the idea is always a journey across space with MC (usually some non-human species) and their robot companion. Robots don't seem particularly popular. I have heard the opposite, but the small number of times I have gotten to try it have not been successful.

That second one sounds interesting. How does the possession affect them? Does the oracle seek to be freed from it too?
The oracle is the head of the church by virtue of essentially being a deity in her own right. She has no reason to want to be rid of the presence of the goddess- unless the fallen crusader, under the influence of a powerful daemon, persuades her, or even better, corrupts her, and thus the goddess. An absolute act of blasphemy, which would likely horrify the crusader.

Ultimately, it's up for discussion though. I'm not a GM, nor am I the type to impose my desires entirely upon my partner.

Something heavily inspired by a game called Children of Morta

Basically, it would be set in a very traditional D&D universe. But with a twist: it would focus on, instead of some heroes of prophecy or ragtag adventurers, a small family defending their home from enroaching threats.

Sorta hard to find anyone for it, due to how niche it is.

Monster girls, usually. Or the converse, playing a monster male. Ideally, a non rapey monster male.

I love noir, and I love the female secretary/assistant to the detective who's always kinda sassy and opinionated, real 'my gal Friday' types. And the detective always gives her some menial or annoying job but she still does it with a sigh and an eyeroll, even if she STILL hasn't gotten paid, because she knows it's for the right reason etc.

Anyways, for awhile I've been really craving wanting to play that detective's assistant, except instead the job would somehow get her captured by the badguys, or interrogated by goons, or it just involves the detective tying her up to let off some steam, but she still has that sassy, eyeroll kind of attitude.

I feel you there. I had been working on a whole galaxy of a worldbuild for over a year. Multiple Docs of various lore. All centered around an original character that is the shining gem of my character builds. Seriously, she is the culmination of three different characters rolled into one. And each of the characters I derived her from had their own years of coming to fruition. But.... I can't roleplay her here because of rule 4a, as her background clashes with it.

Which, not gonna lie, has really bummed me out and has made it hard for me to keep motivated to start new RPs since that character's rejection by the mods. (Yes, I submitted her in an official query to see if she'd be accepted). While plenty of other adult RP sites do exist, BMR is definitely one of the most active ones.

Back
Top Bottom