Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where do you find your face claims?

OneThingToAnother

The Unsundered
Hello fellow writers of all kinds!

While scouring the vast internet for my next face claim to use, I found that my usual source, Pinterest, is disappointing me now.
This made me curious, where do you find your face claims? I'm open for both SFW and NSFW suggestions!

Thank you very much!
OTTA

i actually really like pinterest. What has been the problem with pinterest in your experience?

Alternatively, if you like anime faceclaims, danbooru is pretty good, especially if you start accumulating a few artists whose work you like, and just go through their stuff

For a while, I've used Listal for the more uncommon faceclaims.
Thank you both! I'll check them out!

i actually really like pinterest. What has been the problem with pinterest in your experience?

Alternatively, if you like anime faceclaims, danbooru is pretty good, especially if you start accumulating a few artists whose work you like, and just go through their stuff
I use pinterest mostly but I just couldn't find what I'm looking for, I might just be picky ahah!
I'll check danbooru for anime ones tho!

I use a mix of Pinterest and google images.

When it comes to Google, I try and be.. a bit specific if I know what I am looking for. If not, I will just normally say something like "Fantasy female art", "Digital female art", "Anime girl with purple eyes", etc.

In addition to those listed here, I also like to use artstation. It has a lot of really high quality art about most things!

Since I've come to prefer anime-esque references, I take most of mine from Safebooru. The tags can be super helpful in finding similar images, and I've actually learned a bunch of new words for types of clothing because of them.

Two decades of dedication to Google-Fu definitely helps. In no particular order: Pinterest, Planetsuzy, Paheal, Listal, Deviantart and Bellazon. Also, regular grazing of appropriate communities on Reddit and 4chan.

In the past I've found One Model Place to be a handy source of RL faces.

You don't have to be a member to use their search engine, but membership can get you a look at the adult images.

My tried and true, but inefficient, method is to just wander around pinterest and google images until I finally find something that looks nice.
Takes forever, and is exhausting sometimes, though. So, thanks for the help everyone.

Lately, I've been typing "faceclaims" into Google and found some pretty good Tumblr Faceclaim Directories. Though a lot of them don't seem to be kept up to date now.

Any of the -boorus tend to work out nicely.

Pinterest is also a pretty neat option (though time-consuming). Then again I always accompany most of my FCs with a description within the post itself.

Back
Top Bottom