Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nothing Between Students

• Linda hated moving away from home. She preferred it that way, actually. However, following her father's footsteps in Art, Linda decided to go to the same college that he went to. The institution was known well for their art programs, and Linda was honored that she would be able to experience it just as her father did when he was her age. A sort of spitting image of her father, Linda was widely appreciated by the teachers whom taught there for many years, and were more than happy to hear that she would be attending. Her blond hair was designed in small waves, cascading down her shoulders. Her brown eyes looked around eagerly, as she tried to keep stride with most of the taller college-goers.

Linda entered the dormitory complex, a duffel bag slung over her shoulder, and an art kit tucked underneath her arm. A piece of paper was held in her free hand, holding not only her schedule, but also the dormitory number which she'd be staying at. "F-90... F-90..." She said to herself, as she followed the hallways that lead toward her room number. Once she found it, she unlocked it with her given key, and motioned herself inside. Not bothering to really check out the room, knowing only there was a bathroom toward the other side, and a couple of beds placed in several rooms with a larger room connecting all of it together that was a combined kitchen and living room. Placing the duffel bag down beside the well-worn couch, she plopped herself down on it, looking up toward the ceiling at nothingness for a while. This room didn't have the homely smell that she was used to back at her hometown. It made her eyebrows furrow as she told herself that she had to get used to it.

For a while though, she wondered who her roommate would be.[/list:u][/list:u]

A loud crash entertained the ears of the inhabitants of the dormitory complex as books and gear came tumbling down the stairs. It was just one of those days for Ray. He muttered a few words under his breath, cursing his inability to make things simple for himself as he walked carefully down the stairs, trying his hardest to bypass stepping on his important documents as well as his gear lest he were to either damage them or himself. Dark hair blocked the gaze of his grey eyes slightly as he bent over countless times to pick up his lost items from their temporary place on the ground. Unlike most here he was not here based on choice. It was rather the whim of his parents to purse a career in his inherited talent. He wanted to be a game designer or even a technological support agent who owned his own business and line of technology. Much to some regret, he had to open his mouth and show of his newly discovered vocal talent at the age of seven for the childrens talent show in his home church. It was from then he was considered a prodigy, constantly given daunting vocal lessons a praised for his natural talents.

Grasping the last important document from the ground, he made haste towards his dorm room. His eyes shifted about as his thumbs pushed the dark strangs of hair from his eyes to gain clear view of each number. Finding his destination, he walked in. He assumed that at least one of those he would be staying with had already found the room since there was no need for him to open the door, let alone use his key. Taking a left he moved straight to one of the several rooms, tossing his clothing bag to one corner, his school bag to the next, and the large mass of documents, electronics, and other items that he had the misfortune of dropping earlier on the bed to sort through at a later time. "Welcome home!" he exclaimed sarcastically with a grunt as he allowed himself to fall on an unoccupied portion of the bed. If no one came to meet him in the room over the next few moments he would go out and explore. But for now he needed a break.

• Either the person was incredibly dense, or just a loud-mouth to begin with. The person tumbled inside, making a racket, and disappeared into one of the rooms. Well, it seemed like her roommate arrived. She wondered who she was like. She heard many horror stories of bad roommates, so she just prayed that it was a good one. Load and behold though, the voice that was casted in the other room was not a female, but a guy! Linda forced herself to stand up, and wander toward the bedroom. She leaned in to see who it was, and just as she thought, it was a guy. He probably didn't see her when he came in since the couch was arranged in a way that if one was laying down on the cushions, someone from the doorway wouldn't see.

"Hey, are you in the right room?" Linda interjected. The man, from what she could tell, was a rather typical guy from her knowledge of men from high school. Linda had no need to produce her own papers to confirm this was her room since the key worked. She approached with with a raised eyebrow. "This is F-90. I think you belong in the guy section of the dorm." She noted.[/list:u][/list:u]

Low and behold it was a girl who had stumbled in before him. As grand as it was to be in the presense of a female he was too tired to provide her with the most respectful formalities all men should have towards all women. This was something he needed to apologize to her later. With a wave of his hand and a slight grunt emitting from his lips, he rolled over on the bed he hoped was his. He didnt want to have to gather his things once again and leave. Grasping the largest document from its position in the pile of objects, he looked it over carefully, his eyes scaning a few times to make sure he was reading correctly and not just illierate at that point in time. "This is room F-90 is it not?" he questioned as he looked up into the eyes of the young lady who, by his own personal opinion didnt seem to like the idea that he was in her presence. To him she seemed slightly afraid of him.

"I was told upon registering that this was the correct dormitory for those who didnt mind sharing a room with the opposite sex." he stated carefully, praying he didnt offend the girl. He didnt want to have a female throwing objects at him. By this point now he had managed to force himself to sit up straight, his hands begining to work at organizing the things on the bed just in case he had to take a quick leave. He only had a short while to get himself at least releativly settled so he could get some sleep before opening ceremonies.

• "No, it's right." Linda nodded slightly, and recalled faintly about a document that said about something like that. She did mind really, but she could already hear her mother going on one of her rants if she ever found out that she'd be sleeping in the same vicinity of a man that wasn't related. Linda had to admit that she never slept with or near a guy before. She looked at him, and quietly giggled at his lack of energy. "Not the most active person in the world, are you? Well, if we're going to be in the same dorm... I'm Linda, I guess I'll take the other bedroom since this on is occupied." And with that she left the room.

She turned to leave, but not without looking back once more with a worried glance. Taking the duffel bag beside the couch, she moved into the next room over. She looked at the plain bed with the cheapest kind of bookshelf and desk one could imagine, probably the kind one could buy in Ikea for fifteen dollars. She set down her duffel bag, and realized that there was a door that connected both the guy's room and her room. Though it had locks, Linda opened the door, just to see how it is. "I think we should seal this, don't you?" She said.

[/list:u][/list:u]

He laughed lightly at her comment and concerns. It was obvious to him that she was worried and had probbaly never been placed into a predicament like this before. "Honestly, I shall leave that decision to you and whoever deals with the issue of restructuring the rooms. If your worried about me randomly coming into your room to do obscene things to you, your ideas have been misplaced." As he spoke his body fell back onto his bed, ignoring the random shufflings of yet another roommate to enter with her items and head quietly off to one of the back rooms. "I honestly dont have the attention span to do such things let alone the mind to disrespect a lady in such a manner." His voice seemed to hold a bit of roughness to it as if he had just spat out something nasty. It was a truth that he dislike men, rather boys, who took advantage of women without permission. To him it ruined the moment to be shared between two reguardless of how they decided to share it. That didnt mean that it wasnt an exciting thought. He was sure males and females could agree that fact alone but there were limits on how such things should be gone about in his mind.

"Let me know what the commission has to say about the barricade, however, do keep in mind that upon signing that dotted line you agreed to such living conditions and they may not take to kindly to it. They probbaly will just say that the locks will do find enough." With this he gave a small, weak, smile hoping to reassure the girl that he wasnt one to sneak around to do anything of such nature, if she could see the smile from his position. His eyes slowly closed at he finally found a comfortable position with half of his body hanging off the bed. "Im.... Ray...."

• It was comforting to know that he said he wouldn't do anything rash or questionable. All the time she heard stories and things on TV, and she always wondered if it was true. "Well. It's nice to meet you Ray." Linda said, and shut the door that connected their rooms. For a while, things were a bit quiet, and Linda spent the time reading, and unpacking her personal belongings. The next time she checked her watch, she noticed about a good hour had pasted. Getting up, she wandered into the living room, and went around to knock on Ray's door.

'It's alright, I mean, might as well know the guy, right?'
      she told herself.

"Ray? Are you awake?" She called.

[[Gah, so short >.<]]

A small amount of shuffling could be heard from behind the door just after the knock. Soon after the door opened to allow entrance to the room. "Yeah im up." he said with a small laugh. He hadnt changed over the past hour into anything else. The same large t-shirt with dark blue jeans remained present. "You can come in if youd like, you dont have to talk to me from the outside." he said as he opened the door wider then turned to move towards his bed. The room had taken a dramatic change from its look earlier. He had only slept for a half hour, a power nap at best before begining to arrange things to his likeing as quietly as possible so not to disturb those who were in the area. A small desk besides the one provided had been put up in the corner of the room, upon it a laptop computer with a small lap were place. A few chairs, simply lawn chairs were stationed around for anyone who decided to take a seat and a small thirty four inch tv had been placed upon the small nightstand that once resided next to the bed. His bed was also well made with blue and red sheets and comforter that had matching red satin pillow cases to boot. He even went so far as to change dinky curtains that had been placed in the room. He figured that he had to do something to make the otherwise crappy view slightly easier to bare with. Next to his bed there was a keyboard with headphones connected and sheet music ontop of its stand. It was obvious she caught him just before he was going to begin to practice.

"How may I be of service to you?" he questioned as he sat down on the edge of his bed offset a sustain peddle he had yet to connect.

• Linda shook her head slightly, "Oh, I was just seeing what you were up too, I guess I didn't hear you walk around while I was unpacking." She muttered, and looked around the room, admiring the decoration, if not simple, just because of the fact that it was a guy's taste of a room. Interesting. The color blue seemed to stand out in the room, or at least it was the color that came to her mind as she examined the details. Spotting the music stand, and the portable studios set, she pointed to it and asked, "Is that, a music recorder?" It didn't take a genius to figure that out, but she was intrigued, "So I'm guessing you're here for the music program?"

Things were a bit different in a guy's room. For Linda, within a couple of days, it'll smell like paint and musky with the scent of wood and blank canvas upon the wall. She wasn't invited to sit down, so she settled herself by stationing herself on the drawer, leaning her butt against the wood. She didn't bother changing either, still wearing the denim capris and the white tee-shirt with a fashion scarf.

He nodded his head as he picked up his peddle and began to search blindly with his hands for the little hole on the back of his keyboard to plug it into. "Yeah Im supposed to be majoring in musical composition but im one instrument shy of a recording tool." he said with a sigh as he slipped the plug for the peddle into place and dropped it to the floor. "Not my first choice at a goal but I have to deal with it I guess." he finished as he slid his fingers lightly over his keys. Looking up from his keyboard he noticed she had not taken a seat, but rather made it a point to sit on one of his drawers. "Come on now, you can have a seat, I wont bite you." he said with a smile. "If you bring one of those chairs over here I may even let you get a try on this instrument here." As he finished speaking his fingers fashioned themselves above the keys of the instrument, pressing lightly upon a few of them as his right foot kept a particular rythm to create a brief yet wonderful melody.

• Linda smiled at the sound and wandered to bring one of the lawn chairs nearby. "I don't know about me playing music, I'm more of a visual artist." she said, and took a seat nearby the electronic piano. Linda looked up at him with her head slightly tilted to the side. "You make it sound as if you don't like composing music." she said. Maybe it was her, but she could never imagine anyone that didn't like or at least appreciate art, be it through performance, music, or visual. Her father always taught her to seek her passion. She looked down at the keyboard, a bit complexed on how the design was.

"Oh dont get me wrong." he started with a shake of his head as his hands lifted from the keys and rested at his side. "I love to play the piano. It is a definate passion of mine, that as well as singing. However, it wasnt my first goal at a career. It was more of a backup plan for me." he finished as his grey eyes looked into hers. His brow furrowed slightly as her words finnaly struck center in his head. "So you do visual artwork..." he said slowly as he stood up and went to the closet, opening the door quickly before disappearing into the small space in search for something that seemed rather important. "So what kind of stlyes do you use? Water color? Black and white?" he questioned as items began to fly from inside the closet onto the floor. The items ranged from papers to strings, to clothes. It would seem comical to anyone who had a decent sense of humor even though he wasnt really doing it to make her laugh.

Back
Top Bottom