Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Covert & sjdude] Dragon x Rider

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Covert Revulsion

"Oi! There she is!"

The shouts were all that she heard with her expert hearing. Those that had shouted were none other then dragon hunters, riding atop flying, raptor like creatures, in hot pursuit of the dragon several yards ahead of them. The beating of wings and ragged breathing was heard if anyone was near. There were four men, gnomes, and dwarves alike that were intent on slaying the dragon for the large sum of money they were promised. Oh, but this dragon wasn't going down so easily, despite how injured she currently was.

The white dragon beated her wings against the air with effort, her hide bloodied as well as a bit of her stomach as well.

"FIRE!" off blasted a net towards the dragoness to entangle her. The aim had hit its target, and the dragoness plummeted down to the thick forest below. She strained and roared in anger and rage to escape the constricting nets, only to find that she was unable too. She gritted her teeth, her body breaking branches and trees until she reached the ground. The dragoness winced, twitching and stirring as she tried to rip through the taut ropes that weren't easy to rip apart. Yet slowly, the mythical creature morphed into a young woman, and thus she managed to get out. It was difficult though, her wounds appearing quite severe. She panted, laboring as she limped through the forest, trying to find a sanctuary.

[Picture of her in human form: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n253/x_Kikyou/RP%20characters/faeriegirl.jpg">http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n253 ... iegirl.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Dragon: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/inuyashalover291/dragon/wd.jpg">http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ ... gon/wd.jpg</a><!-- m --> ]

Marc had been taking his daily patrol of the woods. As one of the rangers of the forest, he had it in his duties to make sure ruffians were kept out of the woods. He did this with a casual stroll, ever alert though. He knew that he had to always keep a wary head about him. Bandits were always about, seeking to disturb the peace of his country. So he patrolled, because he was a good soldier.

The young ranger Marc was a tall man of twenty-four, his tall body formed well after years of his work in the forest. He had auburn hair and green eyes, like most of the others in his village, though his hair was a bit unkempt from his work and travel throughout the forests. He had been having a fairly simple day when he heard something crash through the forest. Immediately, his bow was drawn. But he did not hear anything more, so he trudged off towards where the noise had come from. There in a clearing was a woman, limping and looking seriously injured. He hurried over to her, calling. "Hello! Are you all right?"

She had begun to use the trees for support, placing a hand on each one as she limped to a walk. The young looking, elven woman felt her body shuddered under her weight, her ears catching sound of someone approaching. Yet, she could barely stand or even try and defend herself any further. She spotted the man running towards her, her eyes narrowing slightly at his question. She clenched her eyes shut, her knees giving way and she crumpled to the floor. She breathed deeply, most of her wounds having stopped their bleeding but still open.

Marc saw the woman collapse, and that he started to run. He ran to the woman on the ground, skidding to a stop as he approached her. He tossed the hood of his cloak back and crouched over the woman. He took note of her wounds, then said. "Can you hear me?" He asked, his voice full of worry for the young woman. "My name is Marc. I am a ranger of these forests. If you can hear me, please say so. You've been badly hurt."

She loathed feeling so weak, especially in front of some human. Her golden eyes were twisted in pain as she slowly sat back on her heels, hand on the ground to support her erect. "Yes... I can hear you... pleasure to meet you... Marc..." she paused for a moment, "I am Elaith," she informed managing a small smile before she winced. "Please... I just need to be brought to a sanctuary... somewhere safe so I can rest," she insisted, coughing slightly.

"Then I will take you back to my village." Marc said. He offered his hands to Elaith, in a simple yet clear gesture. "Can you stand?" He asked. If she needed to be carried, it looked to be no small endeavor. It was nearly a mile or two back to the village, and through such dense terrain he would be slowed if he had to carry her. It would probably take the better part of an hour, and he hoped her injuries weren't dire.

"It hurts.. but I can try," she insisted. With a wince, Elaith stood, taking and accepting Marc's hand. She was happy to be able to trust this man... well she hoped she could. She did need a place to stay and recuperate, and one can hope that that place is in his village.. probably filled with humans... She wondered if they would shun her. But she couldn't think of that... the pain hurt very much.

Marc swung one of her arms around his shoulders to support her. "Don't worry, Elaith. I'll see that you're cared for." He said, and they started off back towards the path that would lead them back to his village. The healers there were experienced, and he knew that if he got her there in time, they would be able to save her. "Who did this to you?" Marc asked, wondering how this could happen to such a pretty girl.

Elaith was at a loss of words for Marc's concern for her. It made her feel... wanted, welcomed actually, that she was cared for. She slumped her head against his shoulder slightly, trying hard to draw her feet in front of her into a walk. She slowly opened her eyes, looking up at him briefly before she gazed ahead. "Hunters... I hadn't seen them..." she whispered, her voice trailing off, leaving it unfinished. She wasn't all to sure if telling him she was a dragon was all to wise to do of just yet. "You are most kind... but they might attack you for helping me," Elaith insisted in concern.

"Terrible thing..." Marc grumbled. It was some part of him, but for hunters to be going after a woman like this offended him. He wanted to go find them now and give them a piece of his mind, but knew that Elaith needed help more than she needed some near-stranger taking revenge. "Don't you worry about me, though. I can more than defend myself." He assured her, and looked down at her. Her eyes were in fact very captivating and he found himself staring a moment before he regained comprehension of himself and he continued walking.

She nodded in silent agreement, her gentle gold eyes watching him before she looked ahead. It was peculiar that he would care for her so much, especially since he's a complete stranger to her really. But, she didn't argue at the fact he was helping her, it was very comforting and relieved her, maybe she won't die, or at least not alone. 'You will not die...' she told herself, rolling her eyes, to herself.

"No, you're not going to," Marc replied in a confident voice. He led her to the trail, a dusty little road that had seen better days. It would only be a little bit before they reached the village and their healers. "So tell me, Elaith, if I may venture a question," He said as they walked. "Why would these hunters seek to harm you?" To him, it all seemed very strange.

"I promise, after I have fully healed, I will tell you," she told him, not glancing up at him. 'Rather, show you...' she thought softly. The idea of showing him she was a dragon made her tense, but she just wanted to rest... to sleep.

"Show me?" Marc found it a bit odd, but he didn't question it as they got closer to the village. Perhaps she was just delirious, and she needed to rest before she regained her grip on reality.

The healer's spotted Marc, and quickly made their way him, taking Elaith from Marc and moving into a hut. There, they barred anyone from entering, as they worked on healing the young woman that was placed under their care.

Marc waited outside, eventually going to get some bread for himself as he waited. He was worried for the poor elfin woman, at who might be coming for her. He had left a report with the captain of the guard, which detailed what had happened and what he knew so far. But Marc went back to the healer's tent, silently waiting for any news.

Slowly, a healer emerged, and spotted Marc. "She will be find... the poor thing needs some rest and to stay down for about a week, maybe even less," she informed, before the rest of the healer's walked out. "You may see her if you like," they informed him as they left the hut.

Marc hurried inside the hut, rushing to the woman's side. He saw her, her wounds mostly repaired. Elith still looked fragile now, and he pulled up one of the chairs to sit next to her bedside. "Elatih," He whispered, putting his hand on her arm. A smile crossed his face. He hoped she would live. It would seem such a waste to let a beautiful creature like her die.

Elaith immediately sturred at hearing his voice and feeling his touch. She slowly opened her eyes, blinking them a bit before she turned them to him. Seeing Marc besides her, made a smile clear onto her features as she gazed at him. "Pleasant to see you," the young woman informed casually, smirking slightly before she closed her eyes, exhaling a soft sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom