Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Clarification on "bumping"

I just joined today and read the rules about bumping one's own Request Thread, in particular, the mention of waiting 23-hours between bumps and the 3-post limit. I understand wanting to limit a user literally making a new "bump" post every 20 minutes to hog the top spot. However, I am coming in with a catalog of plots that I would like to post all up front. I like one plot per post since it looks clean. What I'm reading in the rules, however, is that I can only create three new posts within 5 minutes. If I have, for example, 10 plots I want to post in my RT, do I really have to do it over the course of 4 days (3 posts day 1, 3 posts day 2, 3 posts day 3, 1 post day 4)? Why can't I just post all of it at once and get it out of the way?

I just joined today and read the rules about bumping one's own Request Thread, in particular, the mention of waiting 23-hours between bumps and the 3-post limit. I understand wanting to limit a user literally making a new "bump" post every 20 minutes to hog the top spot. However, I am coming in with a catalog of plots that I would like to post all up front. I like one plot per post since it looks clean. What I'm reading in the rules, however, is that I can only create three new posts within 5 minutes. If I have, for example, 10 plots I want to post in my RT, do I really have to do it over the course of 4 days (3 posts day 1, 3 posts day 2, 3 posts day 3, 1 post day 4)? Why can't I just post all of it at once and get it out of the way?

Hello and welcome to BMR!

I do understand the confusion and the desire to set up your RT just as you like. You can message one of the lovely people with the red names to set up all at once and avoid any role strikes. I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom