Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can you laugh at this ?

Connor Hawke, the Green Arrow or rather the second in the legacy, sat a top the small roof of the church that night. His eyes peering out into the darkness with his custom bow slung over his shoulder, his quiver fully loaded with his famous trick arrows. Not one to kill any opponent if he does not have to he developed a large variety of arrows that did different things. Some of them would explode into fireworks, others turned into boxing gloves like in the old cartoons, some were nets, and others well, others could be any number of things. He was watching over the streets of the city that he had come to love, Seattle. The city his father had protected and the city that he had chosen to protect. He sighed and stretched a little as he finally saw something worth his time. Street level crime, he had recently left the Justice league as the scale was too much for him.

Watching a man get mugged Connor smiled and slid from the roof top of the church. As his feet glided across the roof he pulled his bow into his left hand and an arrow into his right. This arrow was a “punch out” arrow. Notching the arrow into the string he drew it back and fired. He watched as the end of the roof came abruptly and he dropped to the ground to spring towards the assailant.

The arrow flew through the air at the man, with a loud pop as the glove extended from the enclosed tip of the arrow. When the mugger heard the pop he looked up, right into the bright red material of the boxing glove. Connor almost had to laugh, if he had a sign that said “pow” he would have held it up and laughed his own ass off. Walking the last ten or fifteen feet to the now unconscious mugger he chuckle. “Serves you right.” The victim, had already fled.

Harlequin whistled idly to herself as she spun downwards on the line that was attached to the roof of a very nice jewelry store to the door, the dangling bells on her hat jingling softly in the breeze. She set foot on the steps leading up to the door and grinned, eyes glowing and wide with excitement. Her huge mallet rested on her shoulder, unreal in the way that her slender frame carried it so easily. With no regard to who or what might be around, she slams the hammer right through the glass, gripping the handle and swinging her body in, rolling on the head of the mallet to skip over the shattered window laying on the floor.

The alarm screamed in protest, alerting police, fireman and easily audible to anyone within range, but her grin never faded. She only swayed lazily through the store, as if browsing, smashing the case open on anything she found particularly shiny and valuable. The jewels were stuffed into a simple brown bag attached at her hip by a thin belt. Her free hand balanced her weapon while the other snatched up what she could, and she was heading for the safe by the time police lights started flashing outside the building. She let out a soft giggle, the white paint covering the bottom half of her face creasing slightly. A black mask hid the rest of her features, and thick blonde hair was tucked up inside of a red and black jester's hat that matched her costume- so tight it seemed painted on, soft leather boots coming up to mid-calf, and a frilly white collar that stuck out over her shoulders, framing her chin.

"Oh, my." Harlequin purred, looking left to right, tapping her chin with a single finger. Police rushed in, guns raised, flashlights spotted on her, making her squint just slightly. One of them screamed at her to drop her weapon, and she only put a hand to her ear as if the alarm was a little too loud. Her fingers danced on the handle of her cartoonish mallet before she lifted it over her head, slamming it to the ground with such force the foundation seemed to shake- but nothing happened. As one of the police began to chuckle, thick purple smoke exploded, cloaking the room and bringing coughs and cries from the officers.

Harlequin slid in between them, leaving her weapon behind, dented into the floor, while she danced into the street unseen, rushing into the next alley to climb and flip upwards onto the fire escape, bag of stolen goods now slung over her shoulder. Such a slender figure hid sleek muscles of a gymnast or, more appropriately, circus performer as she seemed to be. Once on the roof she turned to watch the police scatter into the road, confused and angry- and purple. As the smoke did have a tendency to stain clothes. She chuckled and flopped down in place, rifling through her bag to see what all she'd obtained.

The screaming alarm and the sirens of the police cars kind of made Connor wonder why he was not there yet. Scaling a small ladder up the side of a building he saw the red and blue lights. Taking off across the roof tops he headed for the trouble. His bow already in hand when he reached the closest roof he could find. The purple gas had just begun to billow out of the building, and a young looking petite female had taken off away from the cops and the building. He smirked and pulled out one of his net arrows as he watched her scale a fire escape.

He decided to get himself a little closer and make sure he didn’t miss. Getting to where there was one building roof top between the two of them he notched his arrow. Leveling the bow he drew back and fired. The arrow flew straight. It was on its mark when the loud pop was again heard. This time a large net exploded towards the new villain he was after.

After he had fired the arrow he ran towards her, he was half way to her when the net fired out. His eyes watched both the ground and to see if the net would do its job. He was fast, and he knew if she ran she wouldn’t be able to get too far ahead of him.

Harlequin jumped a little at the sound of the pop, turning in her seat to see the arrow flying at her. She spun and rolled onto her back and hands, stretching her body out into a cartwheel, flipping away from the net that exploded out of the arrow, eyes wide as the net enveloped her bag of goodies. "Heeeey~!" She whined, spinning on her heel to see who it was that had attacked her. "Now look what you did!" She wailed, her accent making her voice squeak slightly. She placed her hand on her hips and hitched her weight to one side, glaring at the man without really realizing he was coming closer. She opened her mouth to talk again before her eyes went wide once more.

"Mista Jay's gonna come after you!" She squealed, turning on her heel, scooping up the netted bag and leaping to the next rooftop, stumbling a bit before breaking into a run, at the next rooftop she found a pipe curving over the roof and stretching to the ground. She bent and grabbed it with one hand, body arching in the air as she flipped, sliding down the pipe to the ground and running into the back alley, where she found a dead end. Skidding to a stop, her body slumped slightly as she heaved a sigh. "Of course." She pouted and stamped her foot, looking back to the person chasing her.

"These are for Mista Jay! You can't have them!" From seemingly nowhere she pulled out a pie with a wick sticking out of the middle. "I'm warnin' you! You better stay back!"

Growling as the net only got the bag he groaned as she took off in a run. He followed her on the rooftops and down the pipe. He landed as she skidded to a halt. Brushing off his clothes a little he looked at her from under that small band that covered his eyes. He smirked as she pulled out the pipe with the wick. “Mista Jay, as you so call him won’t be getting shit.” He was a little perturbed at the fact that he had missed.

He eyed the little woman ahead of him and drew three arrows, two nets and a glove. Though no one could tell what they were by looking at them. He smirked and notched them all at the same time. “Well miss, I think I will go ahead and ignore your warning.” He smirked and looked at her. The arrows had a purpose, each one of them. One was for the pipe, one net to distract her or catch her it didn’t matter, and the glove to hopefully knock her out.

He smirked and pulled the string back. “The question really is what do these pretty little things do.” He said with a smirk and let his fingers loosen off the taut string. “Twang” Said the bow as the three arrows volleyed towards her. The two nets exploding louder then the pop from the glove which was the middle arrow. He smirked and then knelt drawing a firework arrow in case he had missed.

Harlequin threw the pie towards him just as his arrows burst, on hitting the pie in midair, a little explosion that sent banana cream filling and crust everywhere, while his other arrows hit dead on- her net ensnaring her body and trapping her arms to her sides, the punching glove smacking her in the forehead just as she opened her mouth to scream. She wobbled on her feet for a moment before swaying and falling backwards to the ground, head spinning as she fought to keep conscious. She gave a soft groan before passing out, murmuring something or other under her breath.

((Sorry for the shortness D; Not much to do with an unconscious character xD))

Smiling as he took the firework arrow and placed it back in the quiver. He stood up tall putting the bow on his back before he walked up to the unconscious young woman. Picking up the netted bag of jewelry he smiled and tossed it towards the street knowing the cops would be combing the area.

As for Harlequin, Connor had another small plan up his sleeve. With a smile he picked her up still in the net and unconscious and climbed back up the pipe they slid down on. Carefully he reached the roof top and started walking towards the apartment he used as a cover house. He sighed the walk was a long one from here, thirty minutes easy. This would teach him for not riding the motorcycle every night. As he carried her he smirked at the ideas running through his head about this young woman, bound now in his arms.

The walk took a little over thirty minutes and Connor jumped through the open window that looked out onto the roof of his building. He had the pent house, part of the perk of being a super hero, a little added money. Getting inside her loosed the net and found a couple of his dress ties. Knowing the way to tie a knot he put her in a kitchen chair and bound her wrists behind her and her ankles to the chair. He sat down with a bottle of whiskey and watched her.

Within a few minutes, a similar groan fell from her lips, and Harley Quinn woke to find herself slumped in the chair with her limbs bound, knees pressed together, head hanging forward. She could only see his feet at first, but as she sat up she glared at the man who'd foiled her robbery and been rather rude in the process. Her eyes narrowed as she tugged at her binds, struggling with a little growl.

"This ain't the big house. Who are you and why are you drinkin'? Ain't you got some more hero-duty tonight?" She huffed, sitting up straight and proud as best she could, lifting her chin. The bells on the tips of her hat jingled incessantly as she writhed and wiggled in the chair- but the knots were just too perfect, and she had no way of reaching spare weapons and whatnot tucked into various places on her costume. "You betta let me go!" She hissed. "Mista Jays gonna be so mad when he realizes I'm missing!" But would he?

She'd been in situations worse and less weird than this..and he'd never really come looking for her, had he? With that thought she quieted and slumped back in her seat, pouting and keeping her eyes off the Hero person in front of her.

D; I can't believe I misspelled her name xD -lame- ))

He watched her and laughed as her bells rang. “You know, you’re too cute to be a psychopath, why are you so obsessed with this Mister J, fellow?” He asked calmly sitting at the table watching her slump back. He smiled and held the bottle up to her. “I am not drinking, and I am not the only one watching the sleepy Seattle streets, the whiskey was to coax you to talk.” He smiled a little bit as he moved his chair closer.

He looked at her painted face, down her slender neck, over the skin tight costume she wore all the way to her ankles. “You don’t really seem like the bad girl type, and I’ve met my fair share of them.” He said as he set the bottle on the table. “But then again what member of the league hasn’t dealt with every Villain in the universe. He smiled at her.

“I am the Green Arrow.” He said introducing himself. “And you cutie, who might you be?” He said with a smile and a wink. He was always high spirited and being in his position he was given leeway with the law, or this would be kidnapping. He smiled and chuckled at the thought.

((Forewarning i'm playing the good guy, damn my principles.))

Harley debated clamming up at his professing the reason for the whiskey, pursing her lips and lifting her chin again. A little shiver raced up her spine when his gaze traveled down her body- it'd been a long time since someone had taken the time to look at her. Pearly white teeth worried at her lip and looked up at him, brow furrowed. "If I don't seem so bad why you got me tied up?" She pouted, looking down her nose at him indignantly.

"Green Arrow, huh?" She sniffed, shrugging her shoulders slightly. "Harley Quinn. Don't pretend like you ain't heard of me! Me and Mista Jay are quite infamous." She nodded in agreement with herself and rocked backwards in the chair, balancing on just the back legs, sighing softly. "And I'm tellin' you, if you don't let me go..It's gonna be curtains." She grinned, tilting her head back as she let out a laugh. "So let me outta this chair at least, I could use a drink myself."

He smirked and gave small chuckle as she leaned back to balance on the legs of the chair. It was a little impressive but not enough for him to let her out of the ties. Shaking his head no to her asking him to let her out he smiled. “I saw some of your actions with the cops, if you want out of the chair I’m going to have to take any other weapons you have away from you.” He smirked and unscrewed the cap on the whiskey. Smiling he grabbed a small shot glass and poured a glass for the pretty villainess.

“Harley Quinn… Can’t say I have heard too much of you.” He said and smiled as he lifted the glass to her lips gently. “I still don’t know who this mister Jay is anyways, so I have no reason to be scared.” He smiled as he waited for her to drink, he placed his free hands fingertips on her throat. “But if that is who I should be scared of then maybe I’ll have to just go ahead and take him out first.” He said with a smirk.

Back
Top Bottom