Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Post Anchor Points

tsukasa

Pregnancy lover
Is it possible to add BBCode anchor points to a post, equivalent to the # anchor points in HTML code, taking the user to that section of the post when clicked/tapped?

I am not sure if this would here work but this the code example I found:
Code:
   [anchor]Start[/anchor]
    Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy
    text of the printing and typesetting industry.
    Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard
    dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown
    printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to
    make a type specimen book. It has survived not only
    five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting,
    remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the
    1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lore
    Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing
    software like Aldus PageMaker including
    versions of Lorem Ipsum.
    [goto=Start]Start[/goto]
So this would create (in theory) a redirecting anchor link. However again I'm uncertain it works here.

Can you show me the code?
To go to the anchor (unformatted text): [ ANCHOR=#Characters ]Characters[ /ANCHOR ]

The anchor itself (as second-level heading):
[ H2 ][ ANCHOR ]Characters[ /ANCHOR ][ /H2 ]

I've intentionally put spaces between the square brackets so you can see the code without it actually being formatted.

To go to the anchor (unformatted text): [ ANCHOR=#Characters ]Characters[ /ANCHOR ]

The anchor itself (as second-level heading):
[ H2 ][ ANCHOR ]Characters[ /ANCHOR ][ /H2 ]

Try

[ANCHOR=#Characters]Characters[/ANCHOR] The anchor itself (as second-level heading): [ANCHOR][H2]Characters[/H2][/ANCHOR]

Order is important. Instruction code, like Anchors, come before formatting code, such as Headers.

Try

[ANCHOR=#Characters]Characters[/ANCHOR] The anchor itself (as second-level heading): [ANCHOR][H2]Characters[/H2][/ANCHOR]

Order is important. Instruction code, like Anchors, come before formatting code, such as Headers.
Doing this made the anchor take me there, but the anchor text (target) was blank. The text isn't visible, as if it has disappeared.

Anchor

Anchor Header

Text: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Code:
[ANCHOR=#Anchor]Anchor[/ANCHOR]

[ANCHOR][H2]Anchor[/H2][/ANCHOR] [H2]Anchor Header[/H2]

Text: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

This is hard to explain, but you can see how I added your header text outside of the anchor.

Anchor

Anchor Header

Code:
[ANCHOR=#Anchor]Anchor[/ANCHOR]

[ANCHOR][H2]Anchor[/H2][/ANCHOR] [H2]Anchor Header[/H2]

This is hard to explain, but you can see how I added your header text outside of the anchor.
This worked. Thanks a lot. I would never had worked that out.

Perhaps that missing piece of information should be added to the BB codes thread, since it seems as if only creating the anchor point is in there, not keeping the text showing along with it?

curtsy-alice.gif

Happy to help and pass the message on regarding our bbcodes. I am going to be working on a new guide for the new year too, so stay tuned. In the meantime, check out this thread for resources and tutorials I have written for some formatting tricks ^^

Back
Top Bottom