Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Feedback on this Specific Plot

Breezi

Purah Brainrot
I'm looking for what's wrong with this one, not that I'm not getting people on it but sometimes I don't think I'm telling people enough of what I want with it? What could I do better with this? What might personally attract more people? I'm not into super flashy graphics or anything like that, so that might limit us but I still want to know what could work.

Your request is both a bit too detailed and perhaps not detailed enough. You've invested a lot within the character Thane and described well, but as far as actual plots go you are simply looking for pitches. So my suggestion would be to come up with your own one or two concrete ideas that would make use of the tiefling you've created and then you're likely to get more traction, versus people being asked to come up with something themselves. Ideally it will lead to a collaborative effort going forward.

Man, I'm a bit late to this topic but I love talking about these sorts of things. Please bear in mind that I'm only expressing my personal opinion! I don't think there's any one right way to do anything -- it's all about attracting the right sort of people who are compatible with you. And therefore, the #1 piece of advice is to think about the kinds of interest checks that appeal to you and use that as a basis for attracting people just like you!

As for more specific takeaways (and do take these with a grain of salt):

1) The innocent character archetype who is eager but inexperienced is a popular trope that, in my experience, tends to get mixed results. Some dominant-leaning players love it, some hate it, but generally speaking, it can be difficult for vanilla, switch, and submissive-leaning players to approach. It implies that the onus is on your partner to initiate sex and romance, as they will most likely be the ones teaching and leading your character into smut. To counter-balance this, I think it's helpful to emphasize your active role in the romance. What does your character bring to the table to attract a romantic partner? What are you as a writer great at performing? Being able to describe specific desires can help demonstrate that while your character may be inexperienced, they will still reward other characters with affection, fantastic sex, punishment, whatever it is you want to dole out.

2) It's understandable to be wishy-washy about the type of 'role' you want for your character: no one person is really 100% dominant or submissive all the time. That being said, your partner will likely have specific expectations when it comes to sex and powerplay within the relationship, so it's helpful to be a little more specific about what you offer. Even just saying you want an equitable relationship where your character may have x submissive tendency or y dominant tendency helps others know more about what they're walking into.

3) Just like Doctor Manhattan mentioned, your character has very specific physical/mental/personality traits. If you want to have broader appeal, it may be helpful to offer some amount of flexibility in regards to your character's traits or to provide alternate characters with similar themes but different features.

4) Also gonna double down on Doctor Manhattan and mention that plot hooks really help get the juice flowing. Some people don't love super specific plot hooks (which is why general pairings based around relationship dynamics are so popular), but again! It's about demonstrating what you bring to the table and helps others think about what they in turn can offer to the story you plan to make.

Hope this is at least a little helpful, and good luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom