Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Secrets and Promises (BlueAmbient&emDash)

There's a lot of action going on in every direction he looks. Movement and sound, levels of the latter skyrocketing now and then with shouts or peels of laughter. It's not that he minds it, he can blend in easily enough, but it's not his place of choice on move-in day. At least that impromptu nap helped otherwise he'd be a snappish, grumpy shit.

As it is, he simply watches Many come stumbling in and interrupt them and notes the other shifter linger behind her. He finds it interesting how Erys talks about every one of them by their species and files that away for later. All the best to keep his own ability under wraps. Watching Erys be mother hen is kinda amusing though and tells him plenty about the guy.

Pearce knocks back some of his drink, swallowing down mouthfuls while he waits for the other to be done with his friends and when Mandy walks off, he looks back to Erys with raised brows. 'Yeah? Well, there's nothing wrong with that,' he says about light weight and being promiscuous. He's not there to judge the girl or anyone else for that matter.

'What about you?' he asks his roomie, 'Are you looking to take someone back to your room?' Technically their room, now that he thinks of it, and won't that be awkward.

Erys actually smirks at Pearce's question, tilting his head. His tail sways behind him playfully. 'Well, I admit I considered it before finding out I was getting a roommate. For a good portion of last year, I didn't have one, just because there was a lesser number of students. But don't worry, if I find someone, I'll go to their room." Erys pauses and looks around, shrugging. "Although, it seems this year it's most straight jocks. Disappointingly. But hey. get them drunk enough end they'll typically try anything."

Erys laughs, shaking his head. He takes a gulp of his drink, watching Pearce. Without thinking about it, his eyes travel up and down the taller male's body. Then he grins again. "You look really good. I bet you could take anyone you wanted back to the dorm. Lucky man, you." Erys winks to show he's half serious, half teasing. His tongue slides across his lower lip as he briefly looks around. A smile comes to his face as he spots a pair of human girls trying to flirt with a domestic cat shifter girl, and the shifter blushing hotly.

He's not expecting to hear Erys enjoys tempting straight guys and hitting on them, at least this is the way he interprets that comment, and it leaves him laughing low. Shaking his head, he swigs from his beer again and is digesting that and the idea of Erys going back to someone else's room, when the guy disarms him again with a compliment this time.

Pearce glances down at his clothing then at Erys mesh shirt rather pointedly, and raises an eyebrow. 'I don't know about that,' he says on taking anyone he wanted back to the dorm. 'I'm not here for that anyway,' not that he'd say no either if someone caught his eye and wanted to get up to some mischief. 'I came to see you off your face and stumbling around, but I'm sorely disappointed with how sober you are.'

His gaze darts from that tongue gliding across lip to the crowd again. There isn't much of interest although there is a few guys that catch his eye, in particular a tall, broad shouldered human with a baby face. He finds himself watching the guy laughing, noting his nice smile and seemingly easy charisma with his group of friends.

'Probably going to finish this beer and slink out of here soon,' he says absently to Erys.

Erys laughs at Pearce's comment, his smile bright. In response, he tips back the remainder of his drink. He doesn't miss the look at his mesh shirt, and it does make a bit of pink rise to his cheeks. "I'm supposed to be helping keep drunkards in check, Pearce, not getting drunk myself. But you'd love to see that, wouldn't you? Maybe one day you'll get to. Just promise when you do, you'll take care of me, like a good roommate." Erys winks, grinning.

When Pearce says he's going to leave soon, Erys makes a face. "But you just got here. At least have some fun before you go." Erys' ears perk up when the song changes suddenly, from something a bit too country into something more akin to rave or dubstep. "Oh! I like this one, come on, lets go dance." Erys might not be drunk, but he's not exactly sober. His bubbly attitude makes it easy for him to relax. So despite having just met Pearce earlier in the day, Erys grabs the taller male's hand and pulls him along through the crowd, back to the living room. He finds them a slightly open spot, dancing around Pearce, laughing and smiling. He even turns around and backs up against Pearce, long fluffy leopard tail coiling around Pearce's leg from thigh to calf.

'Oh yeah? You sure? Cos your cheeks are a little pink,' he teases when the other shifter flushes. 'Is now a bad time to tell you I'm the worst roommate? You're going to be on your own if you end up shitfaced.' It's not entirely true. He probably help the guy out of he came staggering back to their shared room drunk and needing help, but it doesn't necessarily mean he'd be happy about it.

Pearce is still set on leaving soon and the conversation around it when Erys is distracted like a hyperactive kid and suddenly his hand is grabbed and he's being led through the house. His hand is bigger than Erys but not by much and he notes the shared heat between their palms. He'd look like a dick if he protested in front of all these people. He shouldn't give a shit, he doesn't know many, if any of them, but his gaze flits over faces and he's silently relieved that everyone else is busy having their own good time.

Which is why, when Erys starts dancing around him he doesn't bail from the dance floor, laughing, with an excuse. He sticks it out, not dancing more than so much a sway that doesn't make him look near as elegant and coordinated as he is, with his gaze darting around and catching Erys' smile often. He returns it, even if it's on the quieter side. Until Erys backs up into him and that long, bushy tail wraps around his thigh and catches him off guard.

His pupils blow wide and gaze sharpens on the man who now has his full attention. While he still has his beer in one hand, his other is quick to find Erys' waist to keep him dancing right there in front of him, happily letting his thigh be caught by that tail. He matches the other shifters hip movements, suddenly far more interested in dancing than he had been minutes ago. And so what if he leans in to get an accidental inhale of the other's scent.

Erys doesn't see the change in Pearce's eyes, but he doesn't miss the sudden change in his attention and willingness. Where previously, Pearce had seemed to be looking for an excuse to run away, now his hand at Erys' waist is keeping the shorter man close. Finally, he's relaxing, Erys thinks to himself. Their hips matching in motion, Erys snugs himself up against the other man. His hands move with the flow of the music, trailing his body, one hand reaching back to brush Pearce's thigh not coiled by his tail.

Erys can feel Pearce lean in, and a shiver runs down his back. The leopard shifter smells of sweetgrass and vanilla, the body spray he had used for the night, and faint undertones of something forest-y. He takes the opportunity to lift his hands, threading fingers loosely through Pearce's hair as an encouragement. He's enjoying Pearce's full attention, wants it, even. There's something different about Pearce, and Erys can't put his finger on it. But it makes him feel like he's the only one in the room. The song melts into another of similar rhythm and beat, but Erys doesn't seem to notice.

Erys tilts his head to the side, baring his throat to Pearce. Humans would think nothing of it, but it's a very open invitation among shifters. An encouragement of closeness, a submissive openness, or, amongst lovers, an invitation for marking. For Erys in this moment, it's the former. And it's not like anybody is paying attention to the residence assistant and the new tall guy. Everyone else is wrapped up in their own fun. So, head tilted, hands lightly toying with Pearce's hair, Erys squeezes Pearce's thigh with his tail.

He has the undeniable urge to bite that neck in front of him and the only thing that stops him is knowing that it's irrational and poor form. Utterly fucking ridiculous it was, but that doesn't stop him running the tip of his nose along the stretched tendon and lingering by the pulse point where the tip of his tongue flicks out and tastes the salt from sweat and cologne embedded in fine pores. With his mouth softly parted he inhales and tastes the animal musk hiding under layers of human perfumes, soaps and others that have brushed by the shifter in grinding back against him.

Pearce chuffs. An unmistakable large feline sound, coming from deep in his chest. He lifts his head, hands tangled in his thick, dark hair, to make a more human huff through his nose, expelling Erys' scent lodged there.

It's difficult not to think about that tail squeezing his thick thigh and how he'd rather something else squeezed, which makes him recognise the fact that he *is* hard and Erys no doubt notices it with the body winding predicament they're in. Instead of bringing further attention to it, though, or freaking out, Pearce's hips move slower as he distracts himself with a swig of beer, which he takes with a tilt of his head away from Erys'.

'Getting hot in here,' he mumbles.

Erys shudders, feeling Pearce’s nose, his tongue, at his neck. He‘s deeply enjpoying the contact, Pearce’s hot breath. That chuff immediately catches his attention. Pearce is some kind of feline. That bit of knowledge alone makes Erys grin. When Pearce lifts his head, Erys’ hands follow as best they can, though his shortness means he loses his gentle hold. He doesn‘t complain, and instead moves his hands behind him to the taller male’s hips.

Erys is no stranger to feeling erections at his backside, and even pushes back more as Pearce slows down. He’s smirking, thrilled he could get this kind of reaction out of his roommate. Pearce had seemed so stoic before, it’s nice to know he does have normal reactions to certain things.

Hearing Pearce mumble about getting hot, Erys isn’t sure if it’s in reaction to the actual heat of the room, or to Pearce’s bodily reaction to Erys. Either way, Erys turns around and hooks two fingers into the waist of Pearce’s pants. Standing on his tiptoes to get closer, so as not to need to yell over the music, Erys blows a soft breath against Pearce’s jaw. “Follow me.”

Erys leads Pearce through the crowd by that grip on his waistband. His tail is no longer twined around the man’s thigh, but it does bump against his hip as they walk. Erys brings Pearce outside, and around to the side of the house. There’s a patio there with a collection of cushioned wicker patio furniture.

Green eyes gone growing hues of gold find Erys' when the other shifter turns around to face him. His dusky skin is flushed and not by the heat under his leather jacket nor the alcohol, but by arousal alone. He'd like to hide it but he'd just had the guy grinding up against him and there's little disguising in a predators eye. His gaze is sharp more than lidded, but he blinks slowly at the closeness Erys gets and breathes in deep at the breathed word against his jaw.

'... fuck me,' he mutters when the other turns back from him, tugging on his belt loops and propelling him forward.

There's an easy way he fits his stride to Erys', longer legs encompassing more ground, but it's more to the innate grace that comes with light footing. He's good at concealing such things but his mind is far from thinking about being heavy footed and slow, when he's literally chasing after a tail that is beckoning him along.

By the time they're out on the patio, fresh air hitting his face, he's assaulted less by the scent that's clogged up his senses and short circuited thinking to sex, sex, sex, and as tendrils of arousal are unknotted by the cool, night air, he can begin to think again. And while he could dislodge himself from fingers in his belt loops he does not, far more interested in seeing what Erys has in mind, even if he plays it cool by watching past his lower lashes while taking a long drink of beer to empty the bottle.

By pure luck, there's nobody else at this side of the alumni house. Erys tugs Pearce over to the love seat, then gently pushes him to sit down. The snow leopard shifter follows by straddling Pearce's lap, knees against hips and ass on Pearce's thighs. His forearms rest on the taller man's shoulders, fingers lightly playing with the soft hair at the back of Pearce's neck. "Is this okay?"

When Pearce doesn't immediately push him away, Erys decides to push his luck a little. Hopefully it won't make their relationship as roommates awkward. Tilting his head like a curious kitten, Erys leans in and brushes his lips ever so lightly against the other man's mouth. Just the softest chaste kiss.

Back
Top Bottom