Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

But why.....them?! (Fire and Breeze)

F

Fire_Spirit_2009

((Riko: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://media.photobucket.com/image/wolf%20demon/demon_boy95/Wolf_guy.gif">http://media.photobucket.com/image/wolf ... lf_guy.gif</a><!-- m --> ))

"But father!" Growled Riko, "Why do I have..."

"Silence!" Growled back the man that was sitting at the head of the dinner table in the large eloquent room. Even on a good day one whom was sitting at the end of the table, they had to yell for the person at the other end to hear. Riko was at one end, and his father was at the other, but his yelling was much louder now. "You have to do it because you are the oldest! End of story!"

Growling Riko shoved his chair back so hard that it fell back onto the floor, his hands at the same time slammed against the table with a loud bang, causing his silverware to cling together. He gave a defiant glare to his father and looked around the table before stomping out of the room. His mother had been sitting by his father, her gaze to the table avoiding his eyes. He had a little sister and two little brothers. They were in the middle, boys on one side, the girl on the other. It was custom that way when they didn't have guests, when they had a feast with guests then seating was different. Although if it was a large grouping they had another table, larger. Their house was huge, three floors and many many servants.

Riko went through a series of doors, he had lived there his whole life and knew the whole home like the back of his hand. He ended up outside, walking around on a footpath. He was just told that he was to be married to a Neko...a Neko! He growled at the thought. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his pants, his silk button up shirt was casual 'home wear' as they said. She was to show up in a few hours, his father told him to change, Riko was debating on not listening.

Breeze sat in silence as the carriage got closer to it's final destination: the home of the Lords opposite their land. The Inus. Dog people. Her enemy up until this point. She had found that arguing got her absolutly no where. She had attempted running away but she wasn't fast enough. Her father didn't want her showing up at her new husbands door step tethered and bound, though. Instead, she was sitting with three guards, all of which never took their eyes off of her. It seemed she really wasn't getting out of this one.

Her father had not come with, nor had anyone in her family. The would be coming for the wedding but that would be all. She was the only one who actually had to stay. She was dressed magnificently in a dress of the finest silks that complimented her every curve. She hated it. She looked like a damned doll or a trophy to be had or something. She was beyond mad. Her father was sending her away to sleep in the same bed as an inu, a creature she believed was /very/ far below her.

It took forever and she had been stewing the entire time, but the carriage did eventually come to a stop. She held perfectly still. The guards looked at one another before getting out. She was lifted from the carriage and placed on her feet before being swiftly reminded that she was not to make a fool out of her father. "Of course not!" she hissed. "At least not in public..." she managed a smirk and they all glared at her and they lead her forward to be handed over to their rivals, soom to be allies.

((Bit long, sorry.))

By the time the carriage got there, the meal was over, it not lasting long after Riko went because his father lost his appetite. The servants that had been wandering around the house, doing their tasks had been notified by the scouts that the carriage was arriving. Soon they had everyone in the family in the living area. Well...almost everyone.

A servant opened the door when the carriage arrived, and smiled brightly, she wore a maid's outfit. She moved down the ten stairs that led down to the ground from a patio before the two door front door. "Welcome!" She said happily, she bowed to Breeze and then turned on her heal and led the way back inside.

The front door opened to an area where there was twin stairs that went to the second floor, then third floor, in a circling kind of way. A huge crystal chandelier over head. The servant turned right and into a door way that was the living area with eloquent couches and chairs and decorations. Riko's father stood up, then everyone else, "You must be Breeze," He said politely with a smile. "I apologize, my son isn't here right now."

The only daughter, who appeared to be seven, she was cute and wearing a yellow silk dress with a bow tied around her, "He's in the garden," she told her father, "Want me to go get him?" She asked excitedly, her eyes going bright. She paused and looked at Breeze and smiled, "You're pretty." She then looked back at her father, "Or I could show her the garden." She looked back at Breeze, "Would you like to see the garden? My brother can wait."

"Kira." Her father gave a warning stare. "I apologize, I have many things to do, feel free to look around, a servant will be happy to show you to your room if you would like."

Breeze was a little on the surprised side at how she was greated. The inu servant seemed to have manners. That was odd. She had been told no inus had manners. She shook her head and ignored the thought, following the woman inside and into the living area, not really sure what to expect. She was surprised again at how beautifully decorated everything was. She tried not to let it show on her perfectly sculpted features, but it did. Only the sound of her voice seemed to snap her out of it.

That must of been the Lord of the land. Breeze did as she had been taught, and bowed. "Yes, I'm Breeze." Her tone was sweet given how utterly sour she felt. She lifted her gaze again to look at the family, her eyes falling on the little girl. She was adorable. That brought a smile to her lips. And so polite. For a moment she thought maybe she had been looking at inus the wrong way...but she wasn't going to let herself believe that, yet!

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you." she said quietly before looking back over her shoulder. "I would actually love if someone showed me my room. I brought a few things with me from home." She motioned to the trunk she had been dragging behind her, smiling again. She would like to be alone. The smell of all these dogs was going to drive her insane!

Kira smiled at Breeze and said, "I'll help!" She was about to move and her mother said in a soft tone, "Sweety, you have to go to class now." At this Kira stuck out her tongue and sighed, "But the teacher is mean." Her mother just smiled and said, "You still have to go." She moved and grabbed her daughters hand, and smiled sweetly at Breeze while passing. The lord watched and shook his head lightly, "Servant, show Breeze to her room."

The servant that had greeted them at the door was standing off to the side of the doorway, against the wall with hands folded in front of her. She nodded and moved, grabbing the trunk and starting off, "This way, ma'am." She bowed to her lord before heading out of the room.

The lord moved and went through another two, the two sons following him. Riko wasn't in the gardens anymore, he was walking around inside, he had avoided the greeting of his bride-to-be, but he figured it was short and all. His ears twitched when he heard a sound coming from his side. He was on the second floor, heading down the hallway. He looked and saw her...Breeze his father had told him was her name. His eyes glanced at her and then went up and down her body, he had paused only long enough to do that and then started walking again, ignoring her. The servant bowed politely when he paused.

She moved to a few doors from where they were and opened the door to a large and eloquent room, there was black silk on/over the bed, dark oak furniture, it was rather nice, and the bed seemed to be a queen size.

Breeze could tell that she would at least get along with the little girl, and the mother seemed nice as well. Still, the child was innocent and at least she knew that much. The two sons hadn't said anything, she wasn't worried about them. She was thinking more on the fact that her fiance was no where to be seen. How rude. Sure, she didn't want to be here, but she was. The least he could of done was gotten up the nerve to see her face to face. Whatever.

She followed the servant up the stairs toward her room. She spotted a man and instantly she knew just who she was looking at. Riko, the one she was destined to marry. He looked at her and moved on his way. She had it in her right mind to smack him, but she completely ignored him instead, ears pinned down against her head, taill sticking straight up. Fine, silent treatment it was!

Quietly thanking the servant when they arrived at the room, she made sure to close the door behind her as she stepped inside. It was pretty, very nice, but nothing like what she had back home. But then again she couldn't expect them to know how she wanted things. She sighed loudly as she pushed her trunk off to the side and went over to the bed and collapsed upon it, face down. This was going to be simply terrible. Not /as/ bad as she thought, but bad enough.

Riko had ended up in the library, scanning the books that were on the walls. Each wall was covered from ceiling to floor with bookshelves, each spot was covered, and it was a large room to top. He groaned lightly and lifted a hand and ran it through his hair. She wasn't that bad looking, he couldn't help but think about it. She was cute, hell, that was an understatement. He shook his head and growled at himself, he refused to give in the knowledge of finding her attractive.

Suddenly he felt a soft thud on his leg, looking down to see his little sister's bright eyes, "Play with me! Please, Riko." She smiled at him. Before he could even answer she poked him and ran out of the room. "Hey!" Riko called, a light chuckle in his voice. He wasn't too kind to anyone really, he liked to keep his distance, but when it came to his sister, he couldn't help but laugh. He darted after her.

They were on the first floor when they started off, she had just gotten done with her class. Kira took the stairs as fast as she could. Riko held back, even though he could catch her, "I'm goin' to get you!" He called out, growling playfully. On the second floor he let her run a bit more before actually taking off in a run and picking her up, slinging her over his shoulder, both of them laughing. "Ha! Got you." He called out. Kira was laughing and playfully smacking his back, "Let me down!" She said through laughs.

Back
Top Bottom