Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do Androids Dream of a past Life? (TheDecker-Retrojapan)

TheDecker

Super-Earth
a46a024a-ddce-4101-b4bf-d86da796d6ed.jpeg

Andrew leaned against his Porsche, picking at his fingernails with his thumb at the palpable anticipation surging through his body. He was nervous, a feeling he could have sworn he was immune to at this point. On the surface he was calm, but internally he was a mortar shell ready to go off. Perhaps take out some anger on the help? But never mind that. The package... It was running late. And he oh so wanted to see it... See her....with a sudden sigh he took but a glimpse at his Rolex, wincing in an abject mix of anger and angst.

"Daisy, daisy, give me your answer to." He began to sing as a means to keep his mind off the clock. Perhaps they got caught in traffic? Certainly no accident... No damage to it... Her.... His property? If so there would be hell to pay. And very little would serve his needs for recompense.

Almost as soon as he had finished the song, he turned his head over to the right, watching as the delivery truck had finally pulled up his private road and into view. A few minutes later, his buttler had opened the gate to let them in. And mere moments later, a tall wooden crate was brought into the marble of his front porch. "SORRY! I tried to get here sooner but your house is so remote from the city man." The driver said in a huff. "But shiiit... Nice house..." The driver admired it from up close. A mix of traditional brick and mortar as well as modern glass design. It was massive, with solar panels and a mini wind turbine connected from the front lawn for good measure. Big, expensive, well designed and completely self sustaining. "Thank you sir." Andrew said, whilst hiding his disdain for the man not being on time. If his property was so hard to find then come by a day or two before the date to know your way. It was only common sense.

"No problem Mr.Kubrick I just call it how it is.." as the driver spoke, he used his dolly to move the box forward. "The door Benjamin." Andrew said, snapping his fingers towards his buttler. The elderly man snapping to it just as quickly. With little time the box was in the foyer.

Andrew began silently waving the driver off, Benjamin hopping to it as he began ushering the driver towards the door. "No goodbye? Pretty rude man!" The driver called out as he was rushed out of the house by the loyal buttler, the elderly man slipping out a hundred dollar bill as he did so. "I'll see to it the gate is locked as well sir." The man said before the front door slammed behind him with a satisfying click... Finally, alone with it at last.

With a deep, deep breath. Andrew rubbed his hand along the box. Feeling every little fibre from the thin layers of plywood. Very little kept him from her now. "Things will be like old times... Darling." He said, before ever so slowly walking over to the pry bar he had ready by the door. His impatience from before vanished in oblivious host to his now patient and eager demeaneor. He wanted to savor this moment, like delectible swiss chocolate straightly imported for his leisure. A Cuban Cigar shared with a like minded fellow of business craft and entrepreneurial skullduggery. Or like slowly taking in every bite, of a juicy Japanese steak.

He pried and he pried. And as he did so, loud creaking can be heard across the foyer and up the stairs. The subtle sudden sound of multiple tiny squeeks of expensive dress shoes grinding against a checkered tile floor filled the air as Andrew struggled with the nails and wood. But after very little time the box was open. Stuffed to the very brim with padding, bubble wrap and multitudes of paper.

"COME DOWN QUICK MY DEAR!" Andrew cried out in excitement. "Haha. Your going to miss the big reveal!"​

Back
Top Bottom