Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Through Thick and Thin | Shake x Bellini. | CLOSED.

Bellini

๐–‡๐–Ž๐–Œ ๐–—๐–Š๐–•๐–š๐–™๐–†๐–™๐–Ž๐–”๐–“
Welcoming Committee
tumblr_lj2bk3xxG11qcn5tno1_500.gif

The crack of Ron's Disapparation couldn't be heard due to the protection charms Hermione had cast over their campsite, but watching his retreating form disappear in thin air had been enough for her. Cheeks flaming, she glared at the last spot he'd been, fists clenched by her side as she huffed out an indignant breath. They'd had one fight, one disagreement, and he'd thought it a reasonable reaction to leave them, to abandon the mission they'd fought so hard to begin? It was unbelievable to her, and it threw her into such a state of shock that she didn't realize she was crying until silent, furious tears snapped into sobs without warning.

Her shoulder shook as she brought her hands to her face, allowing herself to let her emotions out as she stood; the soundproof charms would mean only Harry would hear her, and with all the pent-up frustration of the previous weeks building up, it took her moments before she was able to calm herself. The forest was desolate, no sound to be heard except for the sniffling that trailed after her outburst; she looked up with red, puffy eyes to hope that she would see Ron reappear, but as the sun began to set, she realized it was to no avail.

"Well, I suppose we'd better turn in for the night," she croaked, her voice cracking and raspy from disuse and her tears. "Tomorrow we'll start in on the books I brought to see if we can find another lead." There was no purpose in dwelling on the sadness that she still felt consuming her; their mission was to find and destroy the Horcruxes, Ron be damned. Just because he had abandoned the two of them to do so on their own did not mean that she could shut down; with her being the driving force behind the research that led to them finding the objects, if she shut down, the Wizarding world would be in more danger than it already was. Quitting wasn't an option, as much as she felt like returning home to her bed and allowing whatever was to happen, to happen.

She couldn't let Harry down like that.

tumblr_lj2bk3xxG11qcn5tno1_500.gif

The crack of Ron's Disapparation couldn't be heard due to the protection charms Hermione had cast over their campsite, but watching his retreating form disappear in thin air had been enough for her. Cheeks flaming, she glared at the last spot he'd been, fists clenched by her side as she huffed out an indignant breath. They'd had one fight, one disagreement, and he'd thought it a reasonable reaction to leave them, to abandon the mission they'd fought so hard to begin? It was unbelievable to her, and it threw her into such a state of shock that she didn't realize she was crying until silent, furious tears snapped into sobs without warning.

Her shoulder shook as she brought her hands to her face, allowing herself to let her emotions out as she stood; the soundproof charms would mean only Harry would hear her, and with all the pent-up frustration of the previous weeks building up, it took her moments before she was able to calm herself. The forest was desolate, no sound to be heard except for the sniffling that trailed after her outburst; she looked up with red, puffy eyes to hope that she would see Ron reappear, but as the sun began to set, she realized it was to no avail.

"Well, I suppose we'd better turn in for the night," she croaked, her voice cracking and raspy from disuse and her tears. "Tomorrow we'll start in on the books I brought to see if we can find another lead." There was no purpose in dwelling on the sadness that she still felt consuming her; their mission was to find and destroy the Horcruxes, Ron be damned. Just because he had abandoned the two of them to do so on their own did not mean that she could shut down; with her being the driving force behind the research that led to them finding the objects, if she shut down, the Wizarding world would be in more danger than it already was. Quitting wasn't an option, as much as she felt like returning home to her bed and allowing whatever was to happen, to happen.

She couldn't let Harry down like that.
Harry was inside of the tent, having gone inside in disbelief at Ron's actions, thinking about their current situation as well. They had just destroyed a singular horcrux, at the cost of a third of their team, and a very close friend. Not to mention they were on the run, had no idea where the next horcrux was, or what their next meal would be.

When Hermione walked in, tears still faintly streaming down her face, Harry was more than a little concerned. Rising from where he sat, he followed after her, placing a gentle hand upon her shoulder, causing her to stop.

"Hermione, are you alright? I'm sorry I left you out there, I just couldn't believe the way Ron was acting. Do you... want to talk about it?"

Back
Top Bottom