Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Site Rules Character Age of Consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsukasa

Pregnancy lover
I read the site rules to refresh my knowledge of them, and I noticed something I either forgot about, or didn't see first time around.

In regards to underage/age of consent for characters, it seems to be 15 years old. It 15 the minimum age for sexual content, or the minimum age for a roleplay character at all (non-sexual)?

I want to confirm that I understand this before I post any ideas or write based on my current understanding.

15 years is the minimum age for sexual or any form of abusive content; ie: alcohol, physical abuse, drugs, etc.

You may have characters younger as long as they aren't involved of any illegal scenarios similar to the ones listed above.

4. Loli/shota is not permitted on Blue Moon. This includes images (real or animated), videos, writing, or linking to any material that may include loli or shota references. If such references are found on your F-List, they must be removed before posting the F-List to the site. Blue Moon's definition of loli/shota is anything younger than fifteen (15) years old and/or is pre-pubescent or appears to be pre-pubescent whether physically, actually, or mentally. Characters involved in, witnessing, or being near erotica/sexual themes/sexually suggestive themes must be fifteen (15) years of age or older physically, actually, and mentally. If "littlespace" (i.e. age regression) is used in roleplay and the "little" is under 15, it must not be in a sexual context. Images are to staff's discretion and staff has the final word on what is or is not appropriate for the site. All real-life images used in roleplays of a sexual nature must be of people who were at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time the photo was taken. If searching for characters under eighteen (18), members must clarify in their search that all characters will be fifteen (15) and above physically, actually, and mentally. "As site allows"/"ages of site compliance" and other vague terms are not sufficient; actual ages must be written.

5a. No major abuse or actions may take place toward a character younger than 15. Beyond sexual acts, this means that you may not expound upon abuse, be it mental or physical, toward a pre-15 within your story. This is an adult writing site and stories should not include such serious acts toward or from pre-15 characters. One may include minor wrongdoing type of acts, such as shoplifting, sneaking beers & smokes and the like, typical for teenage rebellion, but major offenses and abuse that are violent and torturous toward pre-15 characters is not to be included in writing or backstory.

It's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to writing about minors on an erotic roleplay site, so I think you did the right thing. Adding to what Saber said, I believe that witnessing or being bystander to any of the above as someone under the age of 15 is just as against the rules here.

I was thinking the same thing not too long ago. I was a bit less than half way through writing a Youjo Senki fandom scenario when the site rules changed, it clocked me onto the fact that the main character of that show is actually prepubescent, so i shelved the entire project "just in case". I figure that since hurt feelings are unreasonable by definition, it doesn't much matter how specific the rules are, if enough offence is roused then no matter how wide a birth i give that fence, it'll just be picked up and dropped around me.

Tis best to simply avoid writing characters aged 15 or less like a plague. Such is the nature of censorship, toxic to everything it touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom