Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

𝕯𝖎𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊 † 𝔟𝔲𝔫𝔫𝑦 ˣ 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔢 †

Bunny

α нeαrт'ѕ α нeαvy вυrdeɴ
Staff member
90F5BB5F-145D-4F9A-9E9C-AD8AED04CECA.png

Exhaling a shaky breath Sage closed her eyes as she struck a match. The flame brightened the dim room, flickering as her breath shook it. It caused a cascade in the light that washed along the walls and the small altar before her. Gray blue eyes took stock of all of her supplies as she lowered the match to the wick of the black candle. A smile toyed along her lips at the thought of black candles, witch craft and other silliness that they thought of when thinking of witches. She couldn't have said why it amused her, perhaps her nerves were getting to her. It wasn't like one summoned a demon every day. On one hand she hoped, beyond hope that this would work and on the other, a little voice whispered she was being a fool. Witchcraft. There was so much guesswork, so many.. theories and claims around the subject.

Staring into the flame she bit her lower lip. This was meant to be the first step of... many. Sage first needed to summon a demon, to bind herself to to give herself more power, for she'd need that power boost if she was to achieve her end goal. Theo. It had been a year since his passing and each day had been one pain filled remembrance she'd never see him again, never hear his voice again. Their parents had died when they'd been young and it had just been them since she could remember. He'd died a few days before her sixteenth birthday... Taken from her on the cusp of womanhood by a drunk driver. Her hand curled into a fist, her nails biting into the tender flesh of her palm as that all too familiar anger surged up. Her breath shook as she let it out and she closed her eyes, a tear slipping down her cheek. He'd been stolen from her and Sage planned to rectify it.

Slowly her damp lashes lifted and she looked down at the worn leather bound grimoire. To look at it, there was nothing special about the book. True, it was old, the pages within rough edged and yellowed. The leather was worn, shiny patches worn into the soft surface where it had passed through hands. Yet, it was well cared for. Fingertips brushed the surface and she pondered exactly how she'd found the book. Even now, it was still a mystery. She'd not been looking for a spell book... She hadn't considered herself into the occult either. Sure, she'd.. noticed some things that seemed odd in comparison to others, but she hadn't really questioned it. She tended to know who was calling before answering the phone, never lost her keys and could predict small unimportant events. Pop quizzes, people getting sick. To her it was... normal. Yet when she'd found this book in an antique shop she'd not been able to put it down. Drawn to it, she'd petted the cover like one might a pet as she'd carried it up to the front.

Snapping out of the memory she shook her head, her light brown tresses swaying along her shoulders. Shifting she curled along the plush rug underneath her. The latter was a small wooden table scarred with wax that she'd fallen in love with. Upon it were candles, crystals, flowers, and herbs.
"Stop stalling." Her sweet voice chided and she frowned for a moment. She was stalling. Fear of it failing. Fear of it working. No matter what she'd be feeling... something. Awe at summoning an actual demon or bitterness that even something like this couldn't bring him back. Everything was ready, all she needed to do was say the words. Hell, she wasn't sure she could pronounce most of them... It would just add to the fun right? Picking up a small satchel, she dumped its contents into the flames of the candle, before picking up a small knife and cutting a neat line across her palm with a hiss of pain. Her blood was then added to the flame and she watched it sizzle as she began to chant softly.

"Derraes if tekum,
yég hrizo tiv thee
þeto humble vedorn seeks ta pact

if svarny kerch
best if refsa
króð if the vedorn
króstokes if the mallow

yég vyzykal thee
koit tiv mé

yég vyzykal thee
koit tiv mé

yég vyzykal thee
koit tiv mé

goal ríþ, the stafi er sdeger"

Goodness she felt silly as she had chanted and now done she felt her cheeks sting with embarrassment. At least there had been no one to witness her foolishness. Leaning forward she blew out the candle plunging the room into darkness, the sun long since set. Sitting here, watching the glowing tip of the wick, she pulled a small cloth from the edge of the altar and pressed it to her bleeding palm. Leaning back on her heels, she felt rather than saw her skirt shit along her thighs. Still dressed from her outings earlier, Sage figured she should probably change. It had failed and all she wanted to do was sleep... Rising she pulled her long sleeved black shirt up and over and let it drop where she stood, fingers moving to the laces of her skirt. Sleep would help erase this heartbreaking failure. Shifting, she paused; she thought she'd heard something. Shaking her head she snorted softly. Wishful thinking. True, she had no idea if it was meant to be instant.. but all the movies had made it seem instant. No demon had appeared. She was just a silly girl... Slipping her skirt off her hips she shifted in her underwear; a pair of simple black panties and a black bra. Nothing fancy. Paired with her knee high socks she looked almost like a schoolgirl. Shifting she moved towards the closet, hands moving to remove her bra as she walked... She paused again. She'd heard that sound again. Turning slightly she looked into the darkness of her room. She was just spooking herself...

Voxtar felt the tingle run down his spine and along his tail, all the way to the very tip, and it made him smile. A human? It had been so very long since he'd been summoned by a human into their world. The prince of hell, they had called him back in the day when human witches had first devised a spell to summon from his world, and he had let them continue with that assumption, far be it from him to correct them and besides, it wasn't completely untrue, was it? Voxtar was a prince and some did call their corner of the world hell, though their were more apt names for the demon realm. So what if he wasn't one of the crown princes but a distant cousin? He had no desire to rule anyway, he had taken over his father's castle and that was more than good enough for him, but humans were such fun to toy with, to play with. Humans came to him with such interesting requests, requests involving dark magic that their kind simply did not have access to...fortunate for them then that Voxtar was more than adept at such things, he had already been capable but after the first summoning more had followed, people had passed around the spell that drew him to the human world and he had pushed himself to learn more. It was a matter of honour for him that he wouldn't make a deal if he couldn't uphold his end of the bargain so he had practiced and perfected spells of power.

For a few centuries it had been common to worship him and to curry his favour but then slowly it had fallen out of fashion. Humanity was far less superstitious now, they didn't summon demons nearly so much, the human witches didn't have so many covens and as time passed it became rarer and rarer. Such a shame, really...humanity had such beautiful innocence around it, summoning an incubus into their midst and asking him for favours, assuming he was just some ordinary demon had brought such pleasure to Voxtar as he named his price and it hadn't been uncommon to have the entire coven on their knees, worshipping him in more ways than one. That's what made this tingle so exciting...the spell was being spoken, a human was inviting him into their world for the first time in over a hundred years and he wasn't going to ignore the summons. He stopped only long enough to inform his subordinates to take care of the castle in his absence, for he didn't know how long he would be, before he concentrated on the invitation and let himself slip into the human world.

When he first arrived he was of course invisible to the one summoning him, he never liked to reveal himself too soon, he liked his entrance to match the situation. In the past he had used paltry spells of smoke and light to blind them, appearing before them as spectacularly as he could, but this seemed like it called for a different touch. It wasn't a coven summoning him, there was only one witch and she wasn't even dressed as one would expect...the room had the remains of the ritual used to summon him but nothing else that spoke of witchcraft, this girl couldn't be the one that had called out to him...and yet even as that thought crossed his mind he dismissed it. He could feel the power in her...humans weren't really capable of much real magic, maybe a fifth of all that were born had any trace of the gift at all and it had to be nurtured more often than not...but this girl, she had power inside her, enough that she had managed to summon him alone. Intriguing...especially for one so young. Humans were not a long lived race, but this girl was young even among them.

He decided to watch her from the darkness, invisible anyway, his eyes roving over her as she started to undress. He growled softly...humans didn't have most of the powers that monsters from his world had, they didn't have the sexual pull of a succubus, the enchanting allure of an alarune...monsters should be more appealing but Voxtar knew better...to a demon like him, humans were the sweetest delicacy. He watched her pause as he made the lustful sound of appreciation as she'd exposed her midriff, his brow furrowing but he dismissed the thought, there was no way she could have heard him. He watched further as she slipped off the skirt, his eyes following the curves of her hips and he chuckled, knowing that he would have fun with this one, once he listened to her request. Then she turned and looked precisely where he was. How? There was no way she could have heard him...

Shaking his head as she turned back he let himself slip from the realm between and into her world fully, into the corner she was looking in to.
"Don't let me stop you, you were going to take that garment off next, were you not?" His voice was deep but silky smooth, the scent of slightly burned wood, smoky and spicy filled the room as his physical presence became fully tangible and he looked her over brazenly. "Well? I'm waiting...you summoned me here, I believe it's tradition that you bare yourself to me for my favour, yes?" He grinned wickedly, a gleam in his eyes, all three of them, as his tongue snaked out suggestively. He was completely naked, but shadow wrapped around him, she couldn't see his manhood, nothing below his waist...it was often how he appeared to mortals, or wearing a loincloth, a far cry from the suits he had learned to enjoy more recently.

The feeling of failure wasn't new to her, she had never claimed to be perfect and yet it still stung. She'd really wanted it to work. Silly, she reminded herself, more chided herself as she undressed. She just missed him so much. Sage had love her big brother with her whole heart and why wouldn't she? He'd be father, brother and best friend. He'd grounded her when her head had been in the clouds all the while still telling her to shoot for the stars. He'd be her safe place to fall if she failed. Yet, he was gone and she had no one to hold her, telling her it would be okay. She'd been lost in her thoughts, trapped in an echo of what she'd lost. Turning she’d looked toward the corner and as a shadow of a man solidified she let out a small scream, her heart leaping into her throat. She'd have said it was a man, but that was so far from the truth. It was... man shaped... roughly. Hand over her heart she swallowed convulsively as she blinked, as if closing her eyes would dismiss the vision. "Fucking fuck fuck!" This was finally uttered from Sages mouth and she grabbed at a large, oversized sweater, pulling it on, almost in defiance of his words.

"Yeah, not happening." Frowning at him, she took a step closer. He was well, what every mortal would expect of a demon, though there were a few things beyond the red skin and horns that she'd not quite planned on. The long, curling tongue studded with gold that had slipped from between sharp fang-like teeth. The black marks along his face were neither here or there in her imagining a demon. It was the third eye that caught her attention. It was a perfect mirror of his other two. The fiery scent that permeated her room also standing out, though if Sage considered, it wasn't all that unusual, perhaps? Snorting softly she shook her head at herself before crossing her arms before her. She was... tiny, diminutive before him but she didn't grovel or beg. "I summoned you because I have need of more power," she exhaled and sighed, "And perhaps guidance to achieve my end goal." Her eyes drifted lower and she motioned at the swirling darkness with one hand, "Can you fully appear, clothed, preferably." Call it a hunch, but Sage was pretty sure given the choice, he'd choose to shock her. Or at least try to. It seemed like a demonly thing to do.

"I thought I had failed," Sage said as she moved to her bed, perching on it. "Glad it didn't." Did she sound glad? No.. she sounded unsure. "Before we continue with the whole schtick, I would like a question answered. Otherwise, I have no need of you." Toying with the long bat covered gray sweater, she looked down for a minute, sort of working up her courage to ask. "Is it possible to bring someone back?" It was asked quickly, in a single breath. As the words left her though, she looked up at him. Stormy eyes held his, refusing to look away. "Someone dear to me was taken, and I want to bring them back." She needn't give him any further details, Sage only wanted to know if it was possible. If it couldn't be done, she'd dismiss him. If it could, there would be further questions.

He'd have hated that she was doing something so reckless, but if it meant seeing her brother again... Hugging him.. smelling him. She'd sell her soul, if that was what was required. He'd deserve to live; a real life. He'd been cheated. She'd been cheated.
"Bring him back, fully... no half assed shit. No zombie bullshit, no tricks. Living breathing, able to live without some fucked up strings or fate waiting for him." It was quite clear she didn't trust him, but that was to be expected, wasn't it? Only a fool would trust him. Even if you took out his being a demon, he was a stranger, with his own motives and goals that didn't necessarily and more than likely did not line up with her own.

Voxtar chuckled softly at the reaction from the mortal. It had been so very long since he'd been summoned like this, and he'd been surprised to find it wasn't a coven summoning him to beg for his favour and worship him but a single, solitary witch. He looked around, he could see the book that held the ritual in it, she must have found it somewhere but where? The ritual itself had been performed flawlessly but even then it required an enormous amount of power to summon a demon of his standing to the mortal realm, to sustain them like this...and he genuinely could only remember a single time that somebody had managed such a feat alone. What did that mean? It meant that this witch, despite her comical reaction to his sudden appearance, had true power. It was a rarity...one could gain power through several means, making a deal with a demon such as himself was one such method but this girl had no such taint on her, he'd be able to sense it, taste it...once a demon got their hooks into a mortal they left behind a mark, a claim that was hard to remove especially since most didn't advertise that fact. No...this seemed more natural...the girl was simply gifted, and judging by her reactions she didn't even know it, didn't know how rare it was to be able to summon him alone.

He stepped from the shadows, chuckling as she pulled on a sweater to cover herself.
"Fuck?" She'd said the word three times quite quickly and he smirked at her. "That could be arranged, I assumed it was why you summoned me anyway." More chuckles as she frowned at him and observed him, seemingly only a little disturbed by his appearance. Mortals...so silly. She took a defensive posture, her arms crossed as she began to explain why she summoned him and he listened in interest. He raised an eyebrow as he stepped closer to her, the shadows still clinging to him, hiding his manhood from her tastefully. "More power you say? Ah...well that can be arranged too, but what do you want more power for? You know everything comes with a price, do you not?" He sighed at her request, pulling the shadows further around himself to form a suit, even going so far as to slip into a more human form, offering her a smile that didn't quite reach the vibrant gold of his eyes. "Is this better? I swear you mortals...you summon an incubus, the lord of lust himself and you demand he cover up? Such a contrarian thing to do..." He made an annoyed flicking motion with his wrist and a pair of shades appeared as though he'd caught them out of the air, captured between his thumb and forefinger and he smirked at the young witch as he raised them to the bridge of his nose as he watched her move to her bed. Preferring to stay somewhat alert, and above her, he leaned against her wardrobe as he listened.

"No need of me?" He chuckled then, shaking his head softly. "Oh you poor fool, that is not how this works. You may decide that the price for what you want is too steep, you may decide not to pay it but you do not summon me for free...even if it is not what I'd like I will take payment from you for this..ah, should we say...consultation?" He gave her a look over the rim of his shades as he tipped his head a little, leaving her with no doubt of what kind of payment he would requite. "But go ahead, ask your question, perhaps a better bargain can be struck." He could see her playing with the hem of her sweater as she no doubt tried to find the right words to phrase her request. He waited patiently, knowing this couldn't be something very small if it was a request beyond simply more power...power brought a lot of things with it, things she would be able to get herself. Finally she spoke, and he wasn't disappointed. He gave a soft whistle once she was done speaking. "That's no small feat you are asking...but you are well aware of that, no doubt." He thought of the magic he had access to...demons were almost impossible to bring back, almost immortal and all powerful they didn't really have an afterlife that he had any real access to, monsters were a bit easier but humans...humans went to one of two places, one that the royalty of his kind watched over and one that had been lost for millennia...he was certain it still existed, angels hadn't exactly died out they had merely retreated to their own domain, completely segregated themselves but there were still ways of pulling somebody from their realm, ancient ways but the amount of power it would take...

"The short answer...is yes. It will be possible, but the things you would have to do in order to make it happen might not be...palatable...for a good girl like yourself. I could help you, teach you, but gaining power like that will be difficult, it will take time...I could perhaps stop it from truly darkening your soul even but...you may not like it. Are you truly prepared to let a little of the darker side of yourself out to make it happen? To build up the required power?" He looked directly into her eyes from behind his shades, trying to judge her.

Brows lifted and she gave a very unladylike snort. "I am not so hard up, I need to summon fuck buddies..." Her voice was dry as she watched him. His theory about her being powerful wasn't wrong, nor was the assumption that she was unaware of her own power. Sage had never considered herself to be a real witch. Hell, she couldn't even say she was a real wiccan. She followed no strict religion and she didn't cast spells, put her will out into the world normally. This summoning was rare, done with hope and fully expected to fail. Yet, here he was, big as life, half cloaked in shadows in her room. Stealing herself, she watched him with her pale eyes. The initial shock wore off as she focused on one thing and one thing alone. The whole reason she'd summoned him. Canting her head to one side she crossed her arms. "Yes, I do. Everything from my next breath to looking for more power. Nothing is free." When she'd asked him to appear fully, clothed to boot she had actually smiled slightly. "Again, I didn't summon you for your dick. Are demons so one dimensional?"

That was expected. As they'd both agreed, nothing was free. Everything had strings attached. Summoning him, her request. The real question is what was she willing to pay to achieve her goal? What of herself would she risk. How much of herself was worth losing to give him a second chance at life? She had explained her desire. In great detail. She'd tried to think of any way he could trick her. Sage was by no means perfect, likely there were loopholes she'd not thought of. She tried her best though. Rolling her eyes as he told her what she sought was not some small feat.
"You don't say?" The sarcasm with thick. Sage wasn't always so contrarian, but she didn't want to let her guard down near him. It seemed.. Dangerous.

Her chin lifted as he spoke. Her anger and temper boiling near the surface.
"I wouldn't have gone through all this trouble if I was worried about such things. I might be a child, at least compared to you, but I considered my options. I will do what it takes. If it can be done properly." Her eyes hardened and she let out a sigh. "If you can do it without tricks." That was perhaps like asking a tiger to change his stripes. Was it in his nature to be a trickster? It was something she'd have to risk. As to what this would do to her soul, she'd been willing to give her life in exchange, so a little bit of staining on her soul was not really a worry for her. True, she didn't know what that entailed, or what came next and if that stain would affect anything. How would she know? Sage was willing to trade it all so he could live. Really live.

"So what will this cost? Nothing is free. The price?" Whatever he offered, she'd try and bargain with. This part was something she wasn't as sure about, but she wouldn't just give into any demand. She'd try, if possible, to keep as much of herself as she could. Just because she'd give every part of herself to the dark, didn't mean she had no self preservation. A slight smile curled on her lips. "Thank you, for the clothing, by the way." She might have requested it, ignored it more or less, but she wasn't all that rude. All her bravado, he knew what she was. A good girl.

Voxtar smirked. "Ah, forgive me, I should have known a pretty thing like you probably has a different man in her bed every night." Grinning as he stepped from the shadows and began to search around her room, inspecting it to learn more about her, picking up things left on the countertop and turning them in his hands. "Or perhaps more than one? It's been centuries since I've been in this realm but I know you humans are fond of your orgies." More than once he'd been summoned and forced to watch as groups of humans claimed his favour as they set about fucking each other, various animals and toys and anything else they could get their hands on. In truth, they did nothing to actually curry his favour but of course they didn't care...the humans that summoned him rarely did it for him, they didn't even know his name...no, it was self indulgence, status. Summon the great and all powerful lord of lust and demonstrate what a degenerate you were before him. Foolish, really, because while it did entertain him in a fashion, Voxtar usually didn't care what others did in his name especially when they used the wrong one, and he would much rather be partaking in the acts than watching. He chuckled at her question...this one seemed different, she seemed to know who he was, what he was, but she wasn't naked, she wasn't asking him to pleasure her or if she could pleasure him. He turned to face her, a strange toy in his hand. "One dimensional? Of the two of us, I believe I'm the only one who has crossed dimensions." He laughed at his own joke. "You do know who I am right? The Lord of Lust, where did you expect my interests to lie?"

He stepped closer as he regarded her, the toy still in his hand. The toy was metal, mostly lightweight but he could feel that it was heavier in places. In the middle was a disc, the outside of it consisted of three rounded protrusions and he found that if he held the disc between finger and thumb he could rotate them, make them spin. It didn't seem to do anything else, but it fascinated him.
"What is this thing? It's been a long time since I've been here...what purpose do you have for it?" He ignored her sarcasm...the little witch seemed to be quite defensive, guarded around him which he supposed was a fair response, given what he was. Long ago he'd expected more from humans but they had proven to be mundane, so different from what one would find in his own world. Minor differences and of course their own personalities, some even capable of actual magic but with nobody to learn from, those even hunted because of their differences...persecution was a calling for humanity, something they thrived on. Lesser beings and yet somehow they had their own gifts. If his dark magic, insatiable sexual appetite, his wings, his tail, the touch which drove most living beings wild with lust and desire were his gifts, innovation and curiosity was theirs. They'd crafted their own society, taken over their entire world, they moved ahead with leaps and bounds creating devices and medications that could match some of the wildest powers in his own realm. Machines to fly, to take them to the bottom of the vast ocean, to take them off their planet to explore the stars beyond, these were all things he'd heard about but hadn't seen since his long absence from this world...for lesser beings, humans were doing well for themselves but of course there were still things they could not do on their own. And of course, that was what she had summoned him for.

"Firstly, girl, you will need to relax. Understandable that you be guarded around me but it is started to get on my nerves...it's been a long time since I've been in this world and I would rather like to enjoy it." He looked down at her, much closer now as though he'd slipped through the shadows themselves to stand just a foot apart from her. "You, girl, will tell me your name. I assume you know mine." And by that, he meant he assumed she didn't. Humans had given him a name of their own in lieu of his own. Asmodeus, they called him. A prince of hell...they weren't so far off and knowing the power of names he hadn't corrected them, merely laughed at their ignorance. "I can teach you to bring back your friend and with no tricks...I am a man of my word...but first you need to be fully aware of the price." He wondered just who she would go to such lengths to bring back, curious. A sibling? A lover?

He reached down to lift her chin, so that she couldn't look away from his eyes, only two of them on the human form he'd chosen to take.
"First, you must bind me to yourself, or rather, yourself to me. Your own power will not be enough, you will need mine too, and I shall share it with you should you consent...but in my realm some of us don't have the luxury of existing in your world without a tether. Our world pulls at us, weakens us...we may visit, for a time, we may take precautions to make it easier but the lack of aether here...it's like trying to breathe at the top of a mountain. it's so thin...but your life's force, it can sustain me, and you...you're a rare human. Not just anybody could call me forth alone, you...you may be able to contain my essence, at least enough of it for now. Do you understand?" He gave her a moment to process what he was saying, no doubt she might guess how he would share his essence with her, if not then he would have fun showing her. "That is just a part of the price, and it is already a costly one. You may lose some of your humanity, binding your soul to mine...it depends on how strong you are. Are you prepared to find out?" His golden gaze was almost hypnotic, though it only served to enrapture her, he wouldn't influence her choice in this. He could, probably, he didn't know for certain but it wouldn't serve him to trick her. "Then we must craft a body for your friend to inhabit...a body with a soul of it's own. I advise you make it look like your friend as best you can, mostly, and some animal qualities to make it your familiar. Once you have your familiar, you can use it to store the energy. Remember who I am, girl, my power is rooted in lust, in sex...as I give you my power you must build it up in your familiar...you will have to be cruel sometimes, deviant...you may have to torment this soul you created, hurt it...make it crave your touch while denying it pleasure and release...who knows, you may even come to enjoy it." He chuckled darkly. "I know I do. Ultimately, there will be enough lust and darkness stored in your familiar and we can pull your friend down into the body."

He leaned closer to her, whispering.
"Traditionally, I like to seal such accords with a kiss...so now that you know some details, would you like to proceed?"

She felt no need to correct him on her sex life or rather the lack of one. It was none of his damn business. Her pale eyes watched as he moved around the room, picking things up and replacing them as he explored. Again she didn't answer him, instead deciding to watch him as he moved about with a cat-like tilt of her head. After a moment she said, "Are you that interested in human sex?" A brow lifted lazily. The joke he made though actually earned him a slight smile. "Mmn, yet, that isn't what I was talking about and we both know it." She shook her head and watched as he played with the fidget spinner. "I expected more than someone only interested in one thing, clearly. Are you going to tell me you have so little depth?" That dry humor was offered in return to his own joke. "I'd be horribly disappointed if that was your only interest. Because then, you'd be boring..."

She laughed and reached up, closing his hand around it. "It's yours now. As to what it is, it is a fidget toy. Something to mindlessly play with, let your mind drift.." She gave a small shrug. She had a few of them. A ball with beads in it it. A noodle that made a highly pleasant sound as it extended and closed. "There are all kinds of them, but they are meant to just be played with and not thought about." She pulled out the latter toy and showed him, the green little tub making a crinkle sound as she crushed it and a pleasing sound as the little sections expanded. "See?" Sarcasm was her natural defense and one that she wielded aptly. It wasn't likely to change even if it annoyed him and she snorted. "I will try as soon as you stop talking down to me like I am a child." It was the best deal he was going to get considering. It was that more than anything else that had her teeth on edge.

"I know what was in the book, but that isn't your name, now is it?" Her brows rose and she shifted on the bed before exhaling.. "I am Sage." She waited for him to give her his name in return, curious if he'd stick to the stupid name that her own kind had given him. This was more than an educated guess. Like a sixth sense, she just.. knew. Sage wouldn't press though if he insisted on sticking with the stupid name. They were all allowed their secrets. Who was she to deny him his own? As he spoke of his price she lifted a brow and held out a hand, as if to prompt him to share with her. He'd said no tricks... Could she trust that? Did she have a choice if she wanted to see this through? Unlikely. They were to be bedfellows either way, for she couldn't wouldn't back out now. She would bring him back..

His hand captured her chin and she bared her teeth at him, a feral little look. She bit back the feline hiss that wanted to accompany it. Beyond the first attempt to pull her chin free she settled and listened. This much was expected. To bind herself to him. To be his tether between his world. It was when he called her rare that made her frown. Her, rare? That seemed unlikely. Yet she didn't question him as he continued. She gave a small shake of her head, her chin wiggling in his grasp.
"Not really no.." It was only partially the truth.. "Rather, I understand, but it doesn't make sense to me. Lets stick a pin in it for now, because my confusion shouldn't cause problems.." The way he'd share his essence was not even on her mind.. had she thought about it, she might have been able to figure it out.. The rest was listened to and after a moment she nodded. While not quite what she'd expected, it wasn't too far either. While Sage had been unsure about the method, she'd done all the research she could before summoning him.

When he leaned forward, asking her if she was ready to seal the deal, a kiss was customary with him. rolling her eyes she leaned in and placed a chaste kiss to his lips before pulling away fully.
"Deal sealed." She rose from the bed and lifted her arms above her head, stretching. "I am hungry, would you like some food?" That to her seemed to be it, though Sage was half expecting that he would claim the chaste little kiss wasn't good enough for sealing the bond. This made her more nervous than she was willing to admit.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Her question made him chuckle, grinning at the little witch. "Humans are...different. There is an innocence in your kind, not to mention the energy my own kind can draw from your lust, your sexual pleasure, your desires...I know for a human like yourself nothing sounds more appealing than what a demon can do for you, just our touch alone can drive you wild, but for us...humans are a delicacy, a rare one at that." He openly licked his lips. "Especially one from this realm. We have humans in our own realm too but they have been born there, bred there, steeped in our magic but lacking the same aether as yourselves, the life force you possess...it is not the same. There is a reason my cousins, the succubi at least, often slip through dreams to get to this place, to find men and women of your world." It was difficult for him to explain, really...the aether, the lifeforce the humans here had in abundance was much thinner in the humans of his own realm, in all of the inhabitants and yet some of them, demons in particular, craved it. It gave them power, strength, it was an addiction, a delicacy like he had said. Her comment on his depth had him laughing once more...this human was turning out to be quite amusing as well as easy on the eyes. He reached out, his hand grabbing her waist gently as he pulled her closer to him. "Perhaps you might be lucky enough to find out, or maybe all I will do is bore you, girl. Either way, my power is rooted in sex, that is something you will have to accept, it is you that summoned I, of all demons, after all. You cannot summon the prince of lust and then complain that he has a one track mind...perhaps you should show me something else to interest me instead?"

He released her, his focus taken by the toy which she explained to him, that and the other 'fidget toy' that she showed him. "And why would I want to let my mind drift? For what purpose?" His brow furrowed as he let the toy spin in his hand. It was mildly relaxing but her explanation didn't make much sense to him, why would she have so many things that had no real purpose? Was this what humanity did with all their knowledge and science? "Clever little witch...and how would you know that isn't my name, hmm? Your kind has never known me as anything else...maybe one day I will show you my real name." He was actually impressed, he'd expected her to assume it was his actual name just like all the others. "Sage...a pretty name, unusual for your kind, no?" He looked down at her curiously. "Why do you think I am treating you like a child? I talk down to you because I am Millenia older than you, Sage, that is just a simple fact. You called me for my knowledge and my power, you seem to wish to benefit from this...so you will have to get over your misgivings and again, learn to relax. I would like to enjoy my time here, it may be short indeed if we cannot come to an agreement and I have not once given you the inclination that I plan to harm you, have I?" It was typical of humans, he thought, to summon him and expect that just because he is a demon he might want to harm them, that he might be dishonest, devious, that he spoke only in lies and everything was a trick to be deciphered. Voxtar hated it, he had the very first time he had been summoned to this realm and it was no easier now...it rankled him that they put themselves on a pedestal, that they were the good and he was supposed to be pure evil when in reality they summoned him for their dark purposes and he simple complied.

After explaining what she would need to do, what she might lose, he felt she didn't quite understand completely but she wanted to change the topic, and as she kissed him, he saw no harm in it. As their lips came into contact he felt a burning in his chest, as her name appeared above his breast in deep, black writing, etched there by fire that left no trace but the name itself and she would feel something similar beneath her clothes, somewhere on her body his true name would appear as though tattooed on her, the mark of the deal being sealed between them, a link to bind them. It was still faint...and only the names were there, there would be more later, if she didn't back out, though now she owed him if she wanted the mark removed. He grinned down at her as she offered him food.
"Hmmm...I think you are thinking of the food you consume, are you not?" He hungered for something else in that moment, but he was in no rush, he wouldn't mind savouring his time in their realm. "I could definitely eat." The look in his eyes as they wandered over her body told her that he wasn't talking about food quite like she was. "But sure, little witch, I'll indulge you, a good meal wouldn't go amiss. Lead the way."

Her brows lifted as he answered her questions and she gave a soft snort. “Rest assured, I didn’t summon you for such pleasures.” Sage, it seemed like to try and put the demon in his place or at least dissuade him from what he might think she was seeking from him. Sex wasn’t really something she’d been looking for. “Pig.” The one word offered as he licked his lips and she shook her head. “I suppose it is nice to be seen as a delicacy by some and I am sure others in the past who have summoned you, were not quite so..” She lifted a finger to her chin in thought before grasping the word he’d used from her memory, “Innocent.”

His hand reached out and pulled her into himself with a gentle tug of her wrist. This close, Sage might have been willing to admit to at least herself, he shook her but her eyes turned steely and she pulled her wrist away from him.
“Bore, more than likely. But,” She sighed softly, “Do understand what your power lies in. I will just have to suck it up.” The way she spoke made it sound like it would be more of a chore than something to find pleasure in. On one hand that was intentional. Sage didn’t want him thinking she was so easily swayed. On the other hand, she was trying to be strong in front of a demon of sex.

Luckily he seemed willing to let her waspishness slide and his attention was diverted to the toy
. “To help with anxiety. It allows your hands to do something that your mind does not need to focus on.” She gave a small shrug. She used it while working on a problem or watching TV. It helped calm her mind. Had she known his question to himself, she would have laughed. Knowledge, science and crippling anxiety.

Sage blinked at him, owlishly for a moment.
“The way I just.. Know.” It was a horrible answer, but it was the truth. Sage knew it wasn’t his name, though she couldn’t tell him how. Perhaps it was her magic. Her own name was repeated. “That it is pretty, or the name itself?” Her brows rose in question. “While I understand that, it is highly annoying. You may be older than me, but you are an adult of your kind, I am an adult of mine. Treat me like one.” It wasn’t so much a request. This little witch had a spine of steel. “Being more knowledgeable in an area is not a particularly good reason to be a dick.” She winked at him before turning to pick up her water from her desk. Room temperature she wrinkled her nose and took a sip as she turned back towards him.

“No, but you haven't seen the movies about your kind, have you?” Her voice actually held humor now as she watched him. “They don’t paint you as honest, or likely to not harm us. Hell, all through history. If all you had to go on was such texts, movies and stories, can you really be surprised it is what is expected of you?” She held the cup of water to him. “Thirsty?” She tilted her head. “And I am not saying that any of that is true, but if it is all I have to go off of, I have to act with caution.”

The kiss had been unexpectedly pleasant, though of course it had. He was a demon of lust after all. She felt a pain along her inner thigh and she gasped as their kiss broke and she bit her lower lip. The placement of his name made her want to squirm. So she tried to change the subject yet again. The way he looked at her made Sage blush, despite herself and she openly frowned at him.
“I don’t have food in the house, but we can go to a restaurant.”

Was it a good idea to take him near more humans? Fuck if she knew, but he might at least behave himself. Snagging her keys she stomped down the stairs, suddenly in a mood. He would follow, or he wouldn’t.

Back
Top Bottom