Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What’s with all the Hades and Persephone rp’s?

Kinginwaiting

Meteorite
Like 3 or 4 request from that in 2 days? I get that it’s the spooky season and where getting to the 6 months she would have spent in hades…but why? I don’t see the interest?

Im probably biased because hades will always sound like James woods to me and that’s like anti attractive.

Hades and Persephone is a popular romance story, and made even more popular by Lore Olympus. I haven't read it but I know Bunny loves it and a lot of Hades and Persephone roleplays are based on it.

Hades and Persephone is a popular romance story, and made even more popular by Lore Olympus. I haven't read it but I know Bunny loves it and a lot of Hades and Persephone roleplays are based on it.
I feel it is the "bad boy" isn't so bad and the "good girl" is a little bad trope, along with the mythology behind it. I adore the premise and am clearly not alone. ^^ There is just a draw for me, and while Lore Olympus ignited it, there have been many others from the past and currently. It has been a popular theme for... well... ever.

Well, you have a seemingly dark, almost brooding god of the underworld alongside a female lead who can be just about anything - the role of Persephone is one that can be played around with I think since she didn't seem to have much of solid characterization in the original myth/fable/what have you. It's an incredibly versatile story and contains the potential for just about anything. From dark, obsessive romance, to something more mutual, to anything in between really.

And then yeah, add in Lore Olympus which makes everyone involved pretty/handsome/etc and it's just a very, very popular pairing. Personally it's not my cup of tea but if people like to write it, that's cool! I will always encourage anyone to write something they want barring it being illegal on the site.

I've seen a bunch show up recently and find it interesting. Having been a classics minor in undergrad (though Rome was my thing, not Greece), I dig the whole gods thing. Their whole idea of morality is so vastly different from humans. Wanna screw on the White House lawn in broad daylight during a presidential inauguration? Go for it. Who's gonna stop you, a human? Plus, their concept of pain is different (plus the whole immortal/regenerating aspect), so you can play rougher if you want.

I'm this is a little bit of an old thread but wanted to throw my two cents into it lol. Honestly in my opinion I think that the story itself even with all its iterations is one of the best Greek if not best romance story out there. Not to knock orpheus and eurydice, that one is just a little sadder. So I can see why people want to play out the romance of the two. Plus even with what's set in stone you can easily change it up because so much isn't told about it. It can be easy to want to put yourself into their shoes. And yah can also understand wanting to be gods lol

I've personally always considered advertising for a Hades & Persephone plot as cheat codes, as I always got bites for it. As many have said here, it's a delicious dynamic. A God of the Underworld, a Spring Diety, life and death, darkness and light, a vicious mother in law (for Hades), what's there not to like? Can have a whirlwind romance or a slow burn relationship. Stockholm Syndrome or maybe the good little spring princess has ambitions of her own, to become Queen to step up to her aunties. Lots of ways it can be done.

Anyways, get your Melinoë RPs today before the new Hades II game drops.

Back
Top Bottom