Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Death and its deathless companion (LFP and Degusaurusrex)

"Mount olympus," as they jokingly called it sat outside the town of Athens, Tennessee. Officially it wasn't a real place. Not the town of course. The town was real, with plenty of people coming and going and experiencing all the normal day to day life that normal humans have. But the mountain? The facility beneath it? The "Entrance to the underworld," (The entrance to an old coal mine) and all that? None of that was anything. Officially. Unofficially a group of international conglomerates operated the black site under the coal mine. Inside were hundreds of creatures, things beyond the mortals understanding. For now of course. They had vampires, immortals, godlings, werewolves... all the things that go bump in the night that humanity supposedly did away with when they became supposedly "enlightened," But just because you stop beliving in a bad thing doesn't mean it goes away.

Inside the mountain was a man who couldn't die. He'd been found at a shoot out, shot twelve times only to survive. He woke during his autopsy. Then again a few hours later he woke after being put in the freezer. After payments and hush money were paid out, the body that refused to die was transferred to a small medical school that never existed, and now the hulking statuesque man's body jerked and shook as he was electrocuted. They had left him hooked up to the device they called "The juicer," for nearly five minutes now. The smell of burnt flesh was starting to fill the whole damn cell. The man who was now in charge waved a hand, "right, Doc said to do it till we figured he was dead. I doubt anyone could be alive after that," he said, "The crazy bastard also wanted us to watch the body. Easiest pay check I've gotten eh?" he said as the other three men who were in the room laughed with him. They started to file out the door as the man in the lead put a hand to his head, "Shit. We got a situation, you two, on me, Taylor, you watch the body," he said as he and the other two men darted off, leaving the guard with the body.

The guard hesitated before nodding, standing in the doorway. He turned to look at the body. Nearly seven feet tall, as big as a basket ball player. His hair was a shock of white even if he was younger. There were scars over the entirety of his body, and he had little on save a medical gown. The guard pointed his gun at him as he twitched, before letting out a sigh, "Just a death twitch..." he said to himself as he went and started to shut the door. In a flash the hulking man had wrenched open the door and grabbed the startled guard from behind. He smashed his head into the wall six or seven times before the guard finally gave out.

The male, named Jack, bent over and searched his body, grabbing keys and his gun, as well as a side arm. He'd been waiting for a time like this. For a chance to escape. Afterall, what was the worst that would happen if he didn't? They'd kill him? Again? That was a daily thing at this point. He shook his head as he looked around, hearing the baying of wolves in the distance. The werewolves were getting restless. There were some hisses in response, meaning the vampires also knew things were up. He cursed to himself as he ripped and tore the gown they had given him so he could put it around his waist in an almost toga like look. After he was ready he started to move, quickly going down the hall's of his own cell block before hearing something that made him stop.

He paused outside a cell, turning to see a woman. A woman in all black. he'd seen her before. They'd had him attack her a few times, she had powers of some kind, and she had killed him at least twice. He paused and narrowed his eyes at her, the gun in his hands pointed at her, trained on her body before turning and starting to move on. He only got about six steps away before he slowed and cursed. He moved back to her cell quickly, whipping out the key's he'd stolen and unlocking her cell, going through a few before he looked up, "Come on. Hurry up," He said to her, "Just fall in line behind me, we'll get out of here. And if you gotta use your little powers, just use them on them, got it?" he said, "Something's up, now is a good enough chance to escape," he said to her as he waited for her at the cell door golden eyes staring and burrowing into her as he watched her for any hint of betrayal.

She wasn't even sure what month it was anymore. Time had passed by in such a state that she could no longer keep track of it, could no longer keep track of the numerous experiments and tortures they put her through. From the time they'd taken her off the street to the current moment, Kellyn had survived numerous tortures designed to kill weaker species. To find out that she was the descendant of not only a goddess that apparently existed, but a goddess of death had been a shock, and if not for coming face to face with the goddess herself one night, she still wouldn't have believed it. She would have blamed the manifestation of claws and fangs on hallucinations, on the drugs they pumped into her system and the procedures they put her through. Every day with the needles, the poking, the prodding, and even still it had gotten worse.

She had been locked in rooms with creatures she had only known from lore, locked in a battle to the death where she was forced to use the powers she had no control over. The beatings, bruised and battered as she was gouged by fang and claw alike, only to manifest wicked talons of her own and steal the life from those who would end her own life. It was brutal, it was terrifying, and she woke with nightmares every night they didn't drug her into unconsciousness.

"Everyone in your cells, away from the doors, NOW!" The voice shouting from the hallway startled Kellyn into action as she jumped, scrambling back from the door with a flinch in anticipation of incoming trouble. Was it nighttime, what was going on? Whatever was going on was clearly serious, and she could hear the others in their respective cells and cages rustling around trying to determine what the problem was. She could hear the different creatures even from a distance away, feel the uneasiness in the air. It was enough to drive anyone mad, the sudden abilities she had been presented with, especially when in the presence of death. The more death that surrounded her, the stronger she became, and the more they beat her down with each passing day. How she hadn't died yet was a mystery, but the amount of people she'd been forced to kill had been enough she'd since lost count.

She wasn't a murderer, but she was a survivor.

The body that appeared in front of her cell was vaguely familiar, and when he pointed the gun at her she shrieked and threw her hands up in some form of defense. When no bullet came tearing toward or through her she lowered her hands, realizing he had moved on before she heard the footsteps pause... And then come back. The sound of her cell unlocking was the last thing she expected to hear, and she stared at him in shock as she peered out of her private prison toward those strange eyes.

She'd killed him. Hell, she'd killed him twice, yet he was standing in front of her freeing her from her cell. She didn't know why, and she didn't care why, merely nodded in response and slipped out of the cell in silence to stand beside him.

The male looked at her, quietly assessing her, "Do you remember me?" he said to her softly, "It doesn't matter. Listen," he said to her, "I've got very little time to explain shit, but you could be useful in helping me get out of here... of course if we do, you get to escape too," he said to her, "I just hope you can do it without... killing me again," he said narrowing his eyes at her, "I dunno what the hell you do or what powers you got or who the hell you are but frankly, I don't care right now. I just want out of here and I bet you do too," he said to her softly. He looked at her and saw the track marks on her arms and sighed, "Fuck..." he said before turning to look ahead again.

The lights flickered as they got to an intersection and he pushed her into a room, following closely behind her. Inside was a terrified looking doctor, who looked like he wanted to scream, but one glance from the man shut him up. He gestured to the man and pointed the gun at him, "Coat off. Give it to her, "he said. The doctor nodded and took off his coat tossing it to her, "Badge too, "he said as the man shakily took off his lanyard and also tossed it to her. The man with the gun then walked over and bashed the man in the head with the but of the gun, making him pass out cold, bleeding a bit through the nose as he lay there.

The man turned to her as he nodded at the jacket and the keycard, "Put them on," he said to her, "We might be able to fool a few people and also we might be able to.. ya know... well, you need to cover up," he said clearing his throat, "And that jacket ain't gonna fit me. Not like I'd fit in seeing how I'm a god damn giant," he said. It was true, the man was tall, but he was also thick. Muscle bound like some kind of creature of legend. His piercing eyes glanced her over again as she got dressed before they softened and he let out a soft grunt as he hoisted the man up and put him on the counter, laying him out in such a way he wouldn't bleed on himself and if he came too he wouldn't be too hurt. He then gestured to another door and walked out with her just as the first shots rang out.

The first thing Jack did is grab her and throw her against the wall, covering her with his own body as he heard the shots again, but realized they were much further away. The kindly giant put her down before clearing his throat, "I suppose now's as good a chance as any to say my name is Jack. And its nice to meet you, I suppose," he said as he looked around. More fighting echoing in the distance as the lights went out, the room being doused in strobing red lights now as he cursed under his breath, a siren going off in the hall as he looked every which way, "Shit... What do we do... which way should we go?" he said, unable to tell where the shooting was coming from.

Before she even had a chance to answer the question, the man had determined it didn't matter whether or not she remembered him. She did remember him, however, the man who apparently didn't stay dead no matter what she did to him. He clearly remembered her killing him more than once too, and she internally cringed but stayed silent even as he narrowed his eyes at her. It wasn't like she had wanted to kill him, or anyone else there for that matter. The only people inside the facility she would have wished death upon were the ones responsible for torturing her and countless others.

"What?" She snapped when she saw him looking at the marks from the numerous needles, covering them momentarily in a bit of self consciousness. They weren't self inflicted, and if he hadn't had them at one point or another during his stay there, she would have been surprised. So she followed after him, looking around nervously at the flickering lights before she was abruptly pushed into a room, hissing her displeasure until she spotted the doctor inside the room.

"Fine." She scoffed as he knocked the doctor out and instructed her to don the coat, sliding it on over her clothing and holding onto the keycard with a heavy sigh. Great, another person to boss her around. If he hadn't been helping her to escape this prison she would have told him to go to hell, but at that point she wasn't sure what hell actually existed.

"Yes, I can see that." She eyed him suspiciously, keeping her distance from the gigantic man but continuing to follow him nonetheless. At the very least, he could push his way through the people along the way. "Let's just get out of here." They had barely left the room when she heard the shots and shrieked, finding herself pinned against the wall between it and the large man as a sort of barrier from incoming danger. She gasped, looking at him with a shaken expression as he released her and gave her the room to step back.

"I suppose." She sighed again. "I'm Kellyn." There didn't seem much harm in exchanging names at this point, so why the hell not? The lights went out and she cursed, stunned by the sudden red strobing around and the siren that was screeching in her ears. It was so goddamn loud now that her hearing had become more sensitive, and her face twitched in a mixture of annoyance and pain as she tried to decipher which direction the shots were coming from.

"Does it really matter? I say we open as many cells as we can on the way out and let this place fall into chaos."

The male glared at her, "Alright, ground rule right now. You might be some death priestess or some magical death something or other, I don't really remember what they called you, but we aren't killing random people for no reason. While I'd be down to let these fuckers suffer, what happens when those creatures get out?" he asked her, "No... I'm not gonna do that. Maybe we can release like... some of the creatures," he said, "But..." he said as there was snarling and growling as the siren cut out. The lights stayed on, but a voice came over the intercom, speaking in gibberish and slow deliberate latin. There were screams now. More gunshots. Jack's eyes went wide as he cursed, "Right, listen, Kellyn? We go now... come on, " he said grabbing her hand and running in one direction with her.

They ran down the first hallway to there right, and he dragged her along before they found a massive vault door. He looked over at her, "That voice on the speaker? That guy is fuckin' crazy. They give him a knife and tell him to do whatever.... he cuts me up real slow. Takes my heart out... all sorts of shit. If he's out of his cage then...' he heard more screams and howls now, "He's probably let a lot of those monsters out..." he said as he struggled against the vault, twisting at the massive wheel like valve on the door. He glanced at her, "Here," he said as he took the gun off and pushed it into her arms, "Keep a look out..." he said.

The next minute or two was him struggling to open the massive vault door, "I'd assume... this is the way out... since its so... fucking hard... to open," he growled, "Fuckin'... pressure doors... power outages and...shit," he grunted as he struggled to open the door up, till it cracked just enough for him to step in. He pushed it just a bit open before gesturing to her, "Squeeze past, hurry!" he said as shadows showed on the wall by them. Someone was coming there way.

Once she was through he stepped aside and screamed. He pulled his hand back, wincing as he showed a...completely destroyed finger. He held his hand wincing as he looked around at the room they had trapped themselves in and cursed. The wheel started to turn again and he nabbed the gun from her again, jamming into the spokes to stop them from wrenching open the vault again. He turned to look at... a room of seemingly normal objects. A few benches lay out, with some things on it, but everything seemed... mundane, aside from a few weapons and guns on another bench in the back. He looked around curiously before turning to her, "Ever been in here?" he said as he tried to find anything in the dark.

"Do I look like I care what happens?" He could glare at her all he wanted but her mindset wasn't going to change. "Just because you'd rather let them stay here and suffer doesn't mean I will." Nor did they have the time to sit and select which creatures were "safe" to release and which ones weren't, which meant it was either an all or nothing effort on their part.

"Hey!" Now the jerk was grabbing her and yanking her down the hall with him all because of the repetitive gunshots. She was perfectly capable of walking on her own, but he was pulling her along so fast that she was nearly bouncing off the floor every several steps. "I'm not a kid, stop dragging me around like one!" She hissed angrily at him as they paused at the vault door, jerking back and rubbing at her arm with a furious expression.

"Ever since I've gotten here everyone thinks they can just order me around." The only defining difference between this man and the rest of them was his desire to escape the place with a decent chance of success. If not for the fact that they'd gotten this far, partially thanks to his sheer size and strength, she would have left him behind the moment he'd opened his mouth to give her attitude.

"Everyone here is crazy, so what?" Fantastic, so she was running around with a giant that apparently had the ability to regrow a heart or something of the sort, since clearly even having that organ removed couldn't keep him dead. At that point she was considering whether it was safer with him or the other psychopaths trapped inside the prison. "Good, I told you we should have let them out anyway." She shrugged and fumbled with the gun momentarily with a curse. What a bossy asshole this one was.

Kellyn watched him struggle with the large door with a minute amount of amusement. Something about watching him struggle with it after dragging her around so demandingly almost made it worth it, although her attention was flickering between him and the facility around them in anticipation of oncoming danger. Between the on and off sirens and the creatures she could hear scrabbling along the floors and walls, there was no telling what was going to appear next. She could hear them, smell them and their fear, their thirst for vengeance.

When he ordered her once again she glared, slipping through the door and jolting when she heard the scream that tore from him. There was no hiding their location after that, and she glowered at him even as she noted the destroyed finger. If the man could survive dying multiple times, he could survive a mangled finger or two.

"Will you stop being so goddamn grabby?!" Kellyn snapped at him as he stole the gun from her and jammed it into the door, crossing her arms over her chest as she took a deep breath and turned to survey the room. At the rate their interactions were going on the attempt to get out of this prison, she was going to end up killing him again unless something changed.

"No, I don't think I've been in here." Not that she could remember, but half of her time there had been in a stupor from either their drugs or shock when her body failed from their torments. "But there's guns, so that's a good start for getting out."

The man looked around the room as he paused, "Yeah... lots of guns and... other stuff. I don't like it..." he said before pausing and reading a sign on the wall, "Remember to report any voices or whispers you hear to a supervisor along with what anamolous artifcat you worked with," he said before pausing, "Well that's reassuring. Haunted objects? I'm guessing?" he said to her as he picked up a pair of glasses and turned, before screaming as he looked at her. He jerked the glasses off, and stood there, eyes wide.

"You looked like... a fucking... reaper. Aren't you a vampire or something? Some kinda... werewolf or.. whatever? You killed me with your claws every time," he said softly, "You... you a demon?" he said nervously as he put the glasses down before pausing. He folded them up and put them in the pocket of a massive doctors coat, which he then pulled on, with a sigh, "Well, this will do for now, lets see if we can grab... some uh... useful stuff<" he said before trying to avoid her gaze.

He moved over to an old hand radio with two bent antenne's and turned it on. It got nothing but static as he chuckled, "Figured, its so deep underground," he said as he adjusted one of the antenee... upon pointing in her direction something started up though, and when he got the anteneea pointed right at her he paused looking at her again with a bit of a smirk on his face as a song started to play over the old speaker. He burst out laughing a bit as he looked at her, "Well, even if you are some kinda... reaper ghost monster... at least the things around here have a sense of humour," he said before pointing ti at him and frowning as it played a song for him. He sighed, "Best not put too much stock into it, "as he pointed the free anteneea at her, with teh radio scratching and fizzing out as it seemingly read the two of them before it played a completely different song.

He shook his head as he left the thing to play music, walking off as he looked at some things on the other tables. Poking and picking at objects before he got to the weapons. The slamming on the door stopped a bit ago, but even then, he looked over a few things before picking up what looked ilke a tri barreled shotgun, "I don't think they keep ammo in here, but they could prove useful should we get out," He said to her, "Cerberus model 739," he read allowed as he lifted the thing up, "Huh... " he said.

He made his way back over to her as he pointed to a door, grabbing a bag off the floor, that seemed to hold more than it should be able to hold without getting heavier. He threw a few weapons, and other things into it, along with teh radio from earlier and some other mundane looking objects. He turned to her, "Figure some of this could help us get out," he said before pausing and seeing some keys.

He reached out to the corkboard nad picked them up, "Pegasus Motorworks..." he said, "Hmm... someone left some keys in here. We might be able to do something with these if we can make it out," he said plucking hte note off the board next to them, "Belongs to Brown Van. Only take out to test track, in section C," he said as he read it before looking over at her, "Hey, that door seems to lead to some more... office like spaces. I think we've gotten out of the nasty place.... for the most part," he said as he pointed at the door with a sword he had picked up.

Back
Top Bottom