Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite manga?

maxelplus

Moon
What is your top 3 favorite manga you’ve ever read. For me it’s Kaiji, Hunter x Hunter, and one outs

Glad to see Kaiji and One Outs mentioned. So far I've only seen them as an anime (same with HxH), but been planning on reading both of them, especially since I finished the other manga from the mangaka of One Outs (Liar Game) few weeks ago.

As for the TOP 3 manga my pick would probably be:
Berserk
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Oyasumi Punpun

My favorites tend to change since I read a lot of stuff, but these would probably be my picks. Few honorable mentions would be Yotsuba to!, "Oshi no Ko", Banana Fish, Bloom Into You, aforementioned Liar Game, Planetes and Holyland.

All of them look like good choices! I also really like more obscure manga like the flowers of evil. I’ll have to check out some of these I’ve never heard of before as well

If you liked Flowers of Evil then I recommend Oyasumi Punpun out of the ones I mentioned. Not 100% comparable to one another, but they share some themes and they both are what I would call darker psychological SoL/drama manga with the growing-up aspect, though that aspect is handled differently in these two (also read the two back-to-back myself, and really liked them both hah hah!)

At the moment I'm diving into the world of Junji Ito, a new collection has been released and I bought the first 2 Tomes in French. It really scratches my itch and I'd put it in my top 3 for sure

My most favourite Manga is hands down Berserk.

remember years ago playing guts rage on dreamcast and then borrowed the 1997 anime box set from a friend and watching it, though the manga is different I'd learn that later of course and to this day I want to know where the hard life of Guts leads.

I could list anything from Naoki Urasawa's line-up, but I'll have to go with Monster and 20th Century Boys. Other favorites include Berserk, Oyasumi PunPun, Hokuto No Ken and Yu-Yu Hakusho.

For currently-serialized works I'd have to go with Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen and One Punch Man.

Back
Top Bottom