Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Antidote/Luna)

The female looked up at the boy who was reffering to her. Her green eyes locked onto his, staring him down. He blushed for some reason causing her to smile. "I do not think they mean any harm to us.." She told her partner as she slowly got to her feet. She wasn't hurt, but she needed sustanance. It was hard to move because she had used most of her energy to get them here. Even her wings had disappeared. She scanned the rest of them. Her eyes stopped at Kratos and went wide. "Angel.."

The gaze of the weakened, vulnerable Noble was something fierce, even if unintentional. Almost piercing. Kratos did not speak a word when she declared "Angel." Humans may not be able to discern a fact like that without seeing his wings, but it wasn't all together hard to believe that the Nobles could. The group's injuries were minor, nothing but some scapes and a little soreness. He likely didn't use all of his power in that attack. Something that hinted to those looking for little bits of hope that these two were no monsters. Zelos offered Sheena a hand up, but she simply looked to the nobles and asked "How can we help her? What does she need?" as she stood up on her own.

The female pulled her eyes away from Kratos. She didn't trust him, but as long as he remained calm she wouldn't jump to any conclusions. Not all angels were bad. At least she wanted to believe that. She was almost reluctant to say what she needed. "We both need sustenance." She replied, her eyes locked onto Sheena's to see her reaction. "Blood or aura would suffice." She finished. Looking at all of them, she could tell they had enough aura to share, opposed to humans who didn't have ex gems.

"Well, I suppose aura would be less painful than blood would, right?" Zelos laughed a bit as he scratched the side of his face, trying to ease the major tension in the room. It's not like it wasn't to be expected. These two had gone through terrible things. The fact that the male didn't just outright kill them when he saw them was quite an exception in itself. "So, how exactly do we go about feeding you?" Sheena said as she walked to stand beside Zelos and Lloyd, but Kratos quickly interjected. "Don't be so naive. I understand that they have been treated unfairly, but we should not trust them so easily just yet. They will be incredibly powerful after receiving any aura." Kratos didn't want to seem so cold, but it was necessary. While he wasn't be trusting at all, the others were being far too trusting of someone they didn't yet know. "You need to give us some reason to believe you."

Lloyd gave Kratos a look. Why was he being so cruel. He had a point, but the woman, she looked so sick and defensless. He gave her a sad look, and she looked back at him with a smile. "I don't think we can prove it. But if you won't help us, then we'll be on our way." She wasn't sure if her partner would be happy about leaving, but she was in no condition to contain herself if a threat presented itself. "But we can't just let you leave like this..what if someone is after you?" Lloyd asked. She looked at him, puzzled. "Do you mean Yggdrasil?" She asked, a hint of bitterness in her soft voice. "No..as far as I know, we destroyed him.." Lloyd said, but there was a hint of doubt to his voice. He began walking towards her, slowly. He wanted to help. He wanted her to get better. She seemed to step back, as if he was going to try something that would possibly start a skirmish. "Please, we have to help them." Lloyd told Kratos. It wasn't a request, he'd do it no matter what.

"No. Yggdrasil is..." Kratos spoke with a quiet caution. "Definitely still alive. I suppose if you're set on helping them, I can't stop you. But I've given my warning. Remember it well." Even though he advised against it, Kratos stepped forward. He would join the group in offering up a bit of his aura to replenish the lost strength of this frail Noble. Zelos and Sheena did the same, Sheena briefly placing her hand on Kratos' shoulder in a silent 'thank you' as she stood by him. Perhaps there was hope for these Nobles. Maybe they didn't have to be purged. But these two could simply be the only two in control of themselves. The gathering of these strangers around the male Noble's partner caused tension to run though his body. His fists instinctively tightened, and he was ready to fight to the death anyone who threatened them. But he kept cool. Now he would let her take in the aura she so desperately needed.

The female saw how tense her partner was and took his hand in hers. She knew he would have trouble trusting anyone in this overworld, so she'd have to be the reasonable one. They wouldn't survive by themselves, especially with Yggdrasil on the loose somewhere. She closed her eyes and her body began to glow in a purplish light. It spread to all four of them and slowly consumed their bodies. She tried to control the effect of the syphoning. Unfortanately, they would either feel sick or be in utter bliss.

Lloyd sucked in a deep breath when the light consumed him. It tingled and his eyes closed half way. It wasn't sexual, it was more like he was getting drunk. Something he only experienced once, courtousy of Zelos. A smile crossed his lips and he sat down. It was like he was under her spell. She looked a hundred times more beautiful then she already was. He wanted to go to her, but something kept him from moving. So he just sat there and smiled at her, enjoying the view.

The male noble delicately held the hand of the female he was with as she collected the aura she so desperately needed. Sheena began to feel the blissful effects of this new experience. It was almost something she didn't want to stop, as if she could simply forget about her life force being taken. This was probably something developed by the nobles to decrease the chances of a fight while they're getting their food. Zelos too felt similar effects, however Kratos' stomach seemed to be turning. Perhaps this effect was most common on angels such as himself. He tried to hide

The female suddenly stopped glowing and the light faded from their bodies, as did the euphoria that they were experiencing. She looked at Kratos and saw the strain on his face. Perhaps angels reacted differently to the experience. She gave some of the excess aura to her partner and then smiled shyly. "I hope that wasn't too bad..I am in your debt." She said quietly. Lloyd blinked and then smiled. He was almost sad it stopped. "It wasn't any trouble. Don't worry about it. But if you need some protection..you can always join up with us." He gave her a smile that he would have only given Collette. "Oh..we couldn't possibly impose on you all..We've done enough.." She shook her head. "Well, can you at least tell us your names?" Lloyd asked, his eyes going to the male. He couldn't help but wonder what they were to each other.

The male noble looked over the crowd of four gathered before him and hesitantly introduced himself. Not that them knowing his name would put him in any kind of danger, but rather because it showed a bit of acceptance, perhaps friendship and trust, that he did not want to offer up just yet. But they had helped him out, he owed them at least his name. "Baldr. Baldr Valgard." Zelos, Sheena, and Kratos introduced themselves as well after Baldr and the female noble introduced themselves. Kratos, however, was left with a question. "What happened to the rest of your race? Where are they?"

"They are where they should be." Seraphina replied, looking away from all four of them. "In the underworld of Goldoa, untouched by Sylvarant and Tethe'alla. Sealed away for the better. And now that we are not what we once were, we will never pass through the barrier again." There was a sadness in her voice that could only be heard if you listened carefully. "We are no longer welcome. We are no longer Crimson Nobles. Yggdrassil called us Dark Angels." This time anger was apparent in her voice.

"Ah, I see. So, what do you plan to do now? Assuming Yggdrasil doesn't chase you down, how will you survive out there. Normal humans would not be able to handle the strain of their aura being extracted. How do you plan to survive." Kratos didn't want to be too harsh, but he had to ask it. The humans couldn't be sacrificed for them. Even Sheena and Zelos understood the importance of this question, as hard as it was to accept. "I can't let you leave here if you plan to live off the humans. I hope you'll forgive me. I am giving you a chance for an explanation."

Seraphina bit her lip. She couldn't promise that they wouldn't harm a human. Because of how unstable their aura's were, if anyone or anything threatened them they'd go beserk. They would lose themselves to instinct and kill everything in their way. "We don't plan on feeding from humans. We've lived off animals for our entire lives." Lloyd couldn't help but wonder if they could still survive off something so weak when they were so strong now. But he didn't want to fight them, so he kept his mouth shut.

"I think you know as well as I do that you will not be able to sustain yourselves on something so weak as animals anymore. It took all four of us, all with exspheres just to restore her. Including the aura of an angel. I'm not sure I can let you leave here." Kratos took a few steps toward the only exit. They could probably blast through a wall again, but doing so would leave them vulnerable, and Baldr knew this well enough. He didn't want a conflict he didn't have to have, but this one seemed necessary. He raised his hand to attack Kratos with another wind blast, but Kratos drew his sword and attacked with an equally fierce wind blast, causing the metal of the floor and ceiling to bend and malform where the attacks clashed. Immediately after the area calmed Sheena jumped into the middle of the fray and shouted, "Stop! There has to be a solution to this! We don't have to kill them Kratos!"

Back
Top Bottom