Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Avatar + Profile Background Size

ToWriteAndWander

Not all those who wander are lost.
Can anyone tell me what the Avatar and Profile Background Image sizes are? I can't quite seem to get it right and I can't seem to find anywhere that states what their sizes should be.

Thanks!

Hey there :) Hope this helps!

Profile Pictures: 1:1 aspect ratio. We recommend a minimum of 512x512.
Profile Banners: For best results, use images with 1280px width and 300-600px height.

Ah, so there is no specific size its displayed at?

I made my profile banner...1250x250 but it still seems to cut the top and bottom off while the sides are fine.

When I asked fruit a little while ago, she said this: BMR will shrink, enlarge and crop out images as necessary to fill the space. Which seems to be what it is doing.

Hm. I am trying to get a nice little border on my image.

No matter what I do it seems to crop off one direction or the other.

L5V7qXb.png

It's not you. It's BMR's resizing ratio. I just went through every dimension and could not get a border for both height and width. The closest I got was this at 2900 px x 450 px.

A lot of modern design is based around floating images without borders. It makes sense that the site was designed to have those banners without borders in mind. That way they can be scaled for devices and different resolutions in an efficient manner.

Yeah the banner displays differently based on your device. There is even two versions for it; one that you see when you're in the profile and one if you hover over it.

Makes designing one a total hassle unless you go with a generic bg that will look good regardless of where it gets cropped. I do get why it works the way it does though.

Yeah, makes sense and all. Not sure how mine looks at the moment. May have to get rid of the border.

Back
Top Bottom