Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reign in Hell (Azecreth and rafathrasha)

Vincent did feel bad about it as he rose to his feet. He did not want to disappoint Anabriel, nor did he wish to inflict further pain upon her. But as he had said, he felt the setting was not right. Perhaps later, once they had reached whatever waited for them on the other side of this desert. It was the best he could hope for right now.

He squeezed her hand back, to reassure her, before they made their way back to the oasis proper. Glasya may have had her suspicions of what was going on, but he did not betray anything as he sat down once more. There was nothing to tell that she did not know already, after all. Since she did not mention it either, he did not elaborate.

For now they turned to the matter of his uncle, and Glasya laid out the dilemma before them. Either they had to find some way to coerce Balaam or to hope that Ranath had already done that for them. Of course enlightened self interest was a lure, but Vincent did not expect any demon to be quite so reasonable. Shopping for the highest bidder was more likely. "It would probably have to be land or privilege. We're not exactly awash in money right now," he noted.

Her suggestion earned a nod from him. "We'll have to find some way to make him believe that I am who we say I am, rather than just some random human you found for the role," he noted. "If he's hostile we can say I'm a guard at first." It would all depend on the situation they found when they arrived

Back
Top Bottom