Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How to insert images

MysticSparxman

Supernova
Hi everyone!

I've been on BlueMoon for a while now, but I'm just curious as to how I can insert images into PM's and threads. I know how to insert links, but it's just images I'm not sure about. I also use my phone to post on here more than anything.

Hello!

You can add images by using the little picture frame near the link image! You can drag an image into the box or click the little chains on the box that appears and use a link!

Let me know if you run into any issues!

Hi there!

Okay, so I've tried using the little picture frame, and I'm not able to drag a pic into the little picture frame in PM's. However, it seems to work in threads.

i prefer to use code. unfortunately can't type the exact code here due to some kind of site alert thing.

but basically,

(img)url(/img)

replace all () with corresponding []

the url is the url of the image you want to display

works the same across threads and pms

you can also replace the (img) with, say, (img width="500px") to manually control the display size of your image

wng2ilt.png

So you can drag the image and upload it as an attachment like you are doing, or you can click that chain link beside it and insert the link instead. I think you'll find that easier.

To add an image with BBCode you'll want to use [IMG]URL HERE[/IMG] or [IMG WIDTH="###px"]URL HERE[/IMG] to adjust the width :)

Okay, so I don't seem to have an issue dragging and dropping an image in threads. However, I don't get the drop image box open up in PM's. I'm only able to put in links. I'm also using a phone here on bluemoon, so I don't know if that effects it in any way.

Im usually always using mobile ( shouldn’t be effected ) ~ I don’t tend to run into many problems with inserting images. I do believe that linking is the only option when it comes to placing a pic or gif in PMs though.

In PMs, you don't appear to have the same image-linking functionality as you do in threads.

You can link images, but they don't display in PMNs as they do in threads.

images always displayed as images in PMs for me. I've always used the aforesaid code than the built in linking button though. that sounds like a bug if the same button across PM and thread is giving different results.

I don't think there's an attach file/'upload' option in PM. So yeah, you need an url link. I'm just clarifying that using code, the image will display as an image rather than a link

Back
Top Bottom