Tony Stark (seeking male or non binary characters)

Budgie

Life, um, finds a way.
Down to it: I'm looking for a boyfriend for Tony Stark.

This would be a story that could take place anywhere between Ironman 1 and Ironman 3. I've always enjoyed writing Tony and haven't gotten to for a long time, but I'm particularly looking for something that explores a more vulnerable side to him. I want to write a Tony who is a cocksure genius in public and deals with insecurities, panic attacks, and has nights where he needs human contact so badly that it hurts.

I'd like to explore it opposite a writer who is playing a male identified or non binary character. I'd prefer he/they were around the same age or older than Tony but I'm flexible on that. I'm also open to other canon characters if the dynamic works out, but I'm interested in original as well.

I'm largely looking for someone who isn't really a part of Tony's world, who doesn't deal with soulless high rollers and superheroes, but who can deal with Tony - being Tony. I want there to be banter, and flirting, and awkward fumbling. I want both of them to be sort of bewildered by the whole thing, but cautiously exploring.

Dynamics in the bedroom are always up for discussion, but frankly I'd like someone who can sometimes get Tony in line when he mentally floats too far from earth, or when he frankly acts like too much of a brat (bro trashed his own house during his birthday party rather than discussing his fears, he's got some stuff to unpack).

Ultimately I am looking for a good connection with my writing partner and a story that is funny and dark and maybe kind of sweet, I want my partner to be excited about the character they are writing, to play someone they've been wanting to play, or to develop a character that they're eager to explore. I want Tony to develop a relationship with someone that neither of them expected.

If this weird general outline interested you, hit me up. I'm a pretty chill partner, I like open communication, I roleplay over Discord and I look for long term stories where the character interaction is the main focus.

As a note: I will not write Pepper out of the equation or kill her off. She's an important aspect of his character and will probably be in the story, either in a 'Tony is poly' context, or as an extremely close friend of his. I consistently write more than one character so there's a good chance other Avengers will show up.

Possible ideas for Original Characters (not a closed list, just possible prompts):

- A new head of security when Happy retires post IM3 injuries
- A personal assistant Pepper hired for him
- An intern from a university who ends up getting a particularly prestigious position because of their thesis or application letter
- The new on site doctor for the Avengers, because imagine that mess

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom