Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Forum Clarification(s)

SilverInkwell

Planetoid
Hello there, new to this site, (but not new to RP) and had a question about the Non-Forum RP request section and wanted some clarification is all.

1. For the Non-Forum section do all site rules apply, particularly Rule 10 in regards to Active threads? My assumption is yes for now.
2. Does that mean if a post is relevant, that a Roleplay Request idea thread can be posted in the Male, Female, and Non-Binary sections for On-Site and Off-Site sections thus allowing up to 6 threads in total for one request but up to 12 active requests at a time?
3. Should a Roleplay Request not be posted in irrelevant sections? What happens if they are, are they deleted, and is a user warned?
4. For General-Original, Taboo, and Fan-Based RP sections under the "Roleplays" section are posts and/or threads allowed if relevant? If a user has posted 6/12 active threads in every other section would posting in any of these be allowed?
5. Is there a maximum total number of active threads/posts allowed? (In regards to Roleplaying specifically)
6. Is deleting a thread okay to remove an active thread if a user wishes to post a new idea or request thread or is there a better method to do so within 30 days of an active post?

I'm pretty sure I can answer most of these in lieu of the staff, so let's get started. This is all under a 'to the best of my knowledge' umbrella, but I think my knowledge is sufficient in this case.

1. Sounds like a safe assumption to me.
2. Yes. However, you need not use an entire request thread (RT) for a single idea. Many users of the site post all of their ideas in one RT.
3. No, they should not. I do not know what happens if that occurs.
4. Those subforums are for actual roleplays, not for Request Threads. There are no limits for posts or threads made there.
5. As stated in number 4, no. The only limit on active threads is for Request Threads.
6. I am unsure. I would say that, at the very least, deleting it is frowned upon, and the better option is to edit it to reflect the new idea(s).

Hope this helps and that I am not inadvertently delivering you incorrect information.

I won't beat a dead horse as most of what bond said is accurate.

1. Site rules will apply to everything site related, even BMR's off-site activities, at all times. More specifically, yes, you are allowed two request threads in the off-site category, same as the others.

3. If it's an irrelevant section, it shouldn't be posted there. If it's irrelevant to that section, odds are, there's a relevant section that it does belong to. If a thread is found to be in the wrong area, it will be moved. Continued or purposeful/malicious posting of threads in the incorrect areas will end in warnings or sanctions. A one-off or an accident won't be met with an iron fist, it's all about matching solutions to the problem and we're all human.

Deleting old bumps or threads and reposting them before the 23 hours is up is also breaking this rule.
You can delete threads at your leisure but as the above states from the rules, if you delete a thread within 23 hours of bumping it and then posting another is considered circumventing rule 10 and warnings will be issued appropriately. Personally, I find just editing the allowed two threads with your changes/updates/new plots safer and easier.

Finally, if you're ever unsure about something, please feel free to PM any of the staff members to help. We're honestly a friendly bunch c:

Back
Top Bottom