Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Rule clarification for 'Request Threads & Bumping Policy' pinned posts

ShadricXeon

Error
I posted a question a moment ago because the wording in the pinned posts in the request section didn't clarify whether you the limit of two search threads per section meant two in total or two active threads in each section. After posting that question, I had a bit of a hindsight moment and checked the main rules post and found my answer there (old search threads that haven't been bumped for 30 days don't count apparently.)

I deleted my posted question after finding that answer and wanted to ask if those pinned posts could be updated to reflect that rule in its current state.

Two active threads in each section is correct - so two in "as female", two in "as male", and two in "as other" - so up to six in total.

Your hindsight moment was spot-on. :)

It's the question of active vs total threads I wasn't sure about.

Rule 10 says that a thread that hasn't been bumped in the last 30 days is considered inactive and doesn't count towards your two thread limit. The pinned post on the search categories doesn't mention anything about active threads.

So in that case if a thread is inactive, it's dead. So go and make two more and bump them...BUT if you then return to the now-inactive thread and bump it, you then have three active threads and are breaking site rules.

If you know you've got an inactive thread, I'd be inclined to recycle it rather than let it fade away and be a potential risk.

I know that. All I'm suggesting is that the pinned posts on the request categories be updated to reflect that as they don't.

Here's what I mean.
Members are allowed TWO request threads per request section (i.e., 2 in Males, 2 in Females, and 2 in Non-Binaries). If a user is found to have more than two threads in a given section, the user will be PMed and asked to delete a thread. If no response is received within the given time limit, staff will delete the oldest Request Thread.

This doesn't say anything about threads that have had no activity in 30+ days.

Very valid point. It would make sense for that to be in the pinned request thread rule on each grouping. I'll add that now and thank you for pointing that out ShadricXeon :)

Back
Top Bottom