Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mangas & Graphic Novels worth reading?

EverySecondCounts

Expresso Depresso
Hey!

hi-wave.gif

I am looking for some good adult Mangas (English, preferably). I HAVE most of the BLEACH Mangas. I have also read and enjoyed Lore of Olympus. I have also brought the 1st Heartstopper.

Are there any adult Mangas that are worth buying? Drama, sex, adventure, fights and romance?

I want to hear what Mangas you've enjoyed and why! (no spoilers though, haha.)

Berserk.

With an asterisk!

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT start with the first chapters. They're by far the worst part of the series. Art is great, and only gets better, but the story, characters, and general feel is just...meh. Generic grimdark fantasy.

Instead, start with the Golden Age Arc, starting from Volume 3 to Volume 14.

It has, hands down, some of the best character writing I have ever seen I'm any media EVER, paired with some utterly gorgeous artwork. Like, seriously, Shakespeare is good, but I don't even think any of his works come close to the level of emotional resonance as Berserk.

Monster Collecton. 6 volumes, great story, wonderful characters, amazing art, and just the right amount of comedy and fan service mixed in.
the physical copy I have has a much better translation then the one I saw online, the dialogue is more engaging, but either way it's one I'd 100% recommend over any other.

I am currently reading anything and everything by Junji Ito I can get my hands on, as well as the Lovecraft collection by Gou Tanabe. Both are highly recommended if you are into horror

Among those I enjoyed
Villain's savior (petered out)
Beatrice (cant remember why I quit)
What's wrong with you duke (got on my nerve despite the trope I love, virginal villain)
Under the oak tree, though I guess it's a spoiler, fills the need for now

19 Days by Old Xian.
Extremely slow burn slice of life drama/romance VN. Love the art style and the pacing. It's at about chapter 400~ now.

• Lone Wolf and Cub by Kazuo Koike
  • Usagi Yojimbo by Stan Sakai
  • Dororo by Osamu Tezuka

seconding anything - literally anything - by junji ito. the man is a master of his craft.

blood on the tracks by oshimi shuzo is an excellent psychological horror slow burn.

and while this isn't technically manga, it fits your criteria: mickey + jessica by hamletmachine, described as "a dark tale of lesbian romance, attraction, drama, and violence." i can't recommend this series enough to anyone interested in the above.

Back
Top Bottom