Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Removing people from a PM

As far as I know(and I could be wrong, I've never had to do this), you can't.

Looking at some of my own PM threads with 3+ people in them, I don't see an option to remove people even with moderator utilities. They'd either have to leave on their own accord or start a new conversation.

That seems like an incredible oversight, especially if hypothetically someone is being abusive/annoying in a group PM and the others just want to excise the tumor. Sure you can report that person but wouldn’t it just be easier to have that tool as well?

The opposite side of that coin is that someone being harassed or [insert any other reportable offense] would no longer have the ability to report that content. Leaving a PM will delete it from your inbox, if someone had the power to just remove someone from the conversation and the content removed without their permission would be problematic. This is likely a design of the forum software, Xenforo, and not an oversight on our part.

In your scenario, blocking the person and reporting would be the preferred and best way to handle it.

That all does make sense. Looks like we either have to hope the inactive person just…stays inactive and gets the hint when they do get on or we can recreate the conversation up to that point.

Back
Top Bottom