Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Server time?

KarmicBacklash

Shipping Trash
This has been bothering me pretty much since I joined BMR several years ago and I've never been able to figure out the answer, so I'm finally just going to bite the bullet and ask. Probably going to look like a bit of a fool in doing so, because I'm sure the answer is going to be an obvious one that I've somehow overlooked (ain't that always the way?) but I want to know, sooo...

How the cinnamon toast fuck do you tell what the server time on the forum is at any given moment? Most other forums I've been on have a clock somewhere, but I've never been able to find one here. All I'm even remotely sure of is that the forum's time zone is different from mine, but I don't know which time zone it's actually in. That means the timestamps on posts and DMs are somewhat useless to me, since it's impossible to tell, for example, how many hours ago 8:43 PM actually was without knowledge of the time zone.

So, um...halp?

It is based on your own time. You can go into your account (click your name at top right) and then click 'Preferences' and set it to your time zone. This way you'll see a post of yours as '12 minutes ago' rather than based on a time of the server. For instances like bumping your RT, you are allowed to bump your RT 23 hours or later from your last post, not based on server time. If you must know server time for whatever reason, it's PST. I'd suggest just setting it to your own time though.

That's super weird, PST is my time zone and I do have my preference set to that, it just never seemed like the timestamps actually aligned with the correct times the few times I sat down and tried to actually figure it out. Must just be my brain doing strange things; thank you for the answer!

Back
Top Bottom