Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blinding Lights (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

PoisonousIvee

Cluster
Caeda went to the prestigious magical college to further her already astounding magic abilities; being an elf, she was already rather proficient in spells and magic. She had high marks all across the board - almost. In the rather mundane aspects of the college, those being actual real world learning, she didn't do very well. She was terrible at mathematics and no better with science. It was humiliating to her parents that their daughter couldn't wrap her head around such simple basics. She was on the brink of failing and had no idea what to do.
"Might I suggest a student tutor?" Her teacher offered, "Someone in the class to help you?"

She made a noise. "Yeah, I guess so.." she said. She was bright, sometimes. But prideful more than anything. That, and she hadn't had a tutor yet that hadn't offered to just cheat for her in exchange for some 'favors'.

"Aphron is one of my best students. He could help you, I'm sure." He said with a smile. Did she know Aphron? Was he in the same class as her? She never really paid attention.

Aphron, the name didn't ring a bell, but she just nodded in agreement. What the hell, it was worth a shot.

After school, she entered the Arcanaeum, where she saw the librarian flirting with a half-orc who looked like he had no idea what was happening.
"Caeda?" When she looked, she had to crane to meet the face of the rather bulky and fluffy furred gnoll who stood before her. He had a couple books in his clawed hands, looking down at her hopefully.

He smiled and nodded, "Yes-yes. That's me. Am Aphron." He seemed pretty happy, "Got you confused with other elf. Very embarrassed."

She opened one of the books and began to study its contents, more to ignore the librarian blatantly eyeing up the half-orc than anything else.

Aphron moved closer to help her, surprisingly things seemed to come easy to him. The equations didn't seem to jumble up in his head like they did hers.

It helped her, and she was more than pleasantly surprised when the session ended, and he didn't ask for head.

His common had gotten better, maybe it was a nervous tick? "Yeah, you helped a lot, thank you.." she said.

He seemed confused, "Cost?" He asked, "No cost. Just want to help! Papa raise Aphron to help people when they need Aphron."

He shook his head before giving a sheepish grin, "Aphron likes jerky. You could get him that, pay Aphron that way."

She laughed a bit. "Alright, Aphron, a deal is a deal." She said. And, as per her word, she kept bringing him different dried meats each time they met. And, over the course of a semester, she noticed that her grades massively improved

His common got better the more time he spent with her, showing that it was in fact a nervous tick he had. "I'm very impressed with how you've come, Caeda." He smiled, "It makes me really happy knowing I can help."

Back
Top Bottom