Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Image Sizing for Banners and Profile Picture

CharlotteTemptress

Sneakily Seductive
Hi! I made a custom signature for myself and am also interested in making my own banner and profile picture. If anyone has the image sizing for both of those, that would be really helpful! I'm just learning GIMP and enjoying messing around with amateur digital art.

Hey there! This was a quote from the lovely Fruit. I hope it helps!!! :3

There is some information here on this post that could help.

Basically, 1280x218 will get you consistent results across every single device but it will be a thin banner. You can go up to 600px in height but depending on your device and which version of the banner you're viewing, you'll get differently cropped results.

Yeah so BMR resizes to your window size on PC. It's odd. Let's say you minimize your window a bit so it's not full screen. The banner size scales down instead of the page getting scroll bars. That's one of the reasons banners are frustrating when people are trying to figure out sizing. Lol

Yeah I went 1280x458 for my profile banner and I think it looks good on PC and on mobile but your mileage may vary depending on how important all the details are in whatever you choose. Mine is more for the general vibe rather than specifics so I don't mind if bits aren't always visible.

Back
Top Bottom