Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Circus ( LunarWolf and GuardianAngel)

LunarWolf

Cluster
On the outskirts of a large city there stands a lone mansion. The family who lives there is rarely seen outside of the grounds but they do run a highly successful and enjoyable circus. From shows to rides and other forms of entertainment. The circus of course runs day and night but if you are human you can only attend the daytime circus as once the sun sets the demons come out to watch the shows.

18 years prior:
A young woman stood at the door steps of the mansion a small bundle in her arms. She was shaking form head to toe going through withdrawals while a young male and female looked at her. These two were the current owners of the circus and she was there to sell her daughter to them to be servant. She had already made it clear that if they didn't take the child she would find someone who would. The child in question was Selena and her mother was addicted to Meth and she knew she could get a decent price for her child.

14 years prior:
Selena stood with the house keeper glaring at her lecturing her about calling the master and mistress her mother and father. Selena didn't understand why this was a problem as the two of them had raised her. When she said as much the housekeeper whipped her till her back bled and told her if she went to the masters her punishment would be even worse. Selena let her long silver hair down to cover the blood soaking through her shirt and she went to the new room she had been moved in to by the woman. Instead of one of the larger room she had been placed in the smallest room in the manor which had room for a bed and that was it. Her clothes would hang in the closet but unlike the other rooms hers didn't even have a window which told her that the room was suppose to be for storage

Present day:
Selena stood up on the platform for the tight rope her mask securely inlace and her silver hair tired up and sprayed blood red as she wanted no one not even her masters knowing it was her up there. She also had in contacts to keep her amethyst eyes hidden so that the masters wouldn't notice that it was her doing the routine. Selena waited and when her music started she started her routine capturing the audiences attention. Selena moved carefully as her back was once again tore up form the housekeeper whipping her back till it bled. This was n't the first time nor was it going to be the last either. It seemed like the house keeper hated her and once she was old enough to be paid the woman took that as well. Unlike the other kids in the house Selena had never gotten and education so she couldn't read or write, she was however able to speak like a well educated person as that all she heard growing up.

In the crowed Lucifer sat watching the performance as he was there to speak with the owners but they were often busy so he would come and watch waiting for the time when he could speak to them. Lucifer noticed that she was hurt and frowned as the two would never let and injured performer go on so he had a feeling that they were unaware that she was injured. Lucifer made a mental note to let them know so that she could be tended to but given how she was moving he was worried that the injuries were sever and would need tending too.

Midnight was striking and the circus seemed to be in full bloom once again. The witching hour for all of the demons and other supernaturals to come and watch the show, hours after the daytime show when the humans were there. A woman wearing a ringmaster's uniform was standing at the center of the circus, currently the lights shining down on her. Her platinum blonde hair draped down past her waist in gentle waves and her crimson red eyes could be seen behind the mask that she wore, a smile on her delicate red lips. "Welcome one and all to our show. I hope that you enjoy all that you see. So without furthur ado... let the show begin." She spoke, her melodic voice carrying about the tent before magic seemed to flash around her and she was just vanishing. The light took to directing towards that of the tight rope performers, their first act for the night. The woman was appearing next to a male with the same platinum blonde hair and crimson red eyes, who was just watching everything around carefully.

"It seems as though Lucifer did show up for the show." the male was commenting after a moment in time, which had the female looking around a bit, before she was chuckling a bit and was questioning if that truly shocked him at all. With that being said she was wiping a few strands of her hair out of her face and continued to watch the performance in front of her, ready to use some magic at the sign of any danger. The owners of the circus were a pair of twins that really didn't interact with the human world much, other than the circus during the daytime, at least the female didn't interact much with the humans.

The female however did find herself briefly distracted for a moment in time before she was speaking, "It seems like somebody has entered our lands... I believe it is a human." "I'll go and check it out. I know I'm suppose to play ringmaster to introduce the next act but I figure you can do it." the male was commenting which had her giving a nod of her head and soon enough he was heading off so that he could go and investigate whatever was going on. Their staff would know that something was up when she came out again to introduce the next act considering it was known that the twins alternated, especially when the female was often performing in the show as well; usually with the acrobatics acts which didn't usually happen until after the intermission.

Once the tightrope walkers were done with their performance the lights seemed to go down once again and center on the center of the ring once again, as the female was reappearing in a swirl of what appeared to be colorful magic. "How wonderful... How daring. A true marvel. Give our wonderful tightrope walkers an extra round of applause." she was speaking and everybody began to cheer all over again before she was putting her finger to her lips and making a shushing sound, everybody seeming to fall quiet. "Now we prepared something far different for you. Our lion tamers were wanting to do something different so they.... have tamed some hellhounds." She was speaking in a low voice, her voice just carrying around before the lights were fading out once again and she was vanishing away, the lights coming back on slowly to reveal male and female pair standing there with a couple of hellhounds. Although it was pretty obvious that the man was a little nervous.

Kiara was returning to the back so that she could watch the show, already casting out some of her magic to wrap around the people within the tent so that if the hellhounds did get away from their tamers that they couldn't attack anybody that was there.

---

Meanwhile while Kiara was tending to the show, her twin brother, a male by the name of Kadyn, was making his way through the forested area to see what his twin had been sensing earlier. Yet as he got farther away from the tent he could sense hat there was a human there, which also meant that at some point some of the others were going to end up sensing the human as well. Although he hoped that if anybody else sensed them that it was just one of the guards within the mansion, at least then he knew that they would be safe until either himself or his sister got there.

The human in question was a delicate young woman with jet black hair and pale blue eyes. Her clothes were torn up and ripped, covered in blood. Her hair was matted and it appeared that she hadn't had a bath in quite some time, and under her clothes she was covered in her own cuts and bruises, nothing but skin and bones. The brand that was on the side of the neck indicated that she was a slave to one of the particular demon lords known as the Crimson Lord. A man from the second most powerful family under the royals, while the twins themselves came from the third most powerful family; with the twins being the ones that needed to be watched. Kiara herself wasn't a fighter at all but her defense and restoration magics were something that even the royal family was envious of. While Kadyn was a powerful warrior, able to wield any weapon that he was able to get his hands on without much difficulty at all.

Lucifer sensed the human as well and while he had wanted to watch the show he got up and followed after Kadyn to see what was going on. Lucifer was able to catch up with the male fairly quickly "this is odd humans never enter the circus at night unless they are one of your staff" Lucifer looked at him and then around them. it didnt take him long before he spotted the female and walked over to her so that he could find out what she was there.

Kadyn had also spotted the female but he had been keeping his distance as she seemed incredibly spooked at that point in time. And she seemed even more spooked when Lucifer took to approaching her, taking a few steps away from him which only resulted in her tripping over some roots and falling onto the ground rather hard. Shockingly not a single cry of pain seemed to escape her at all, strangely enough. Yet this is when he was spotting the mark that was on her neck... a brand. One that had been outlawed years ago, a cursed slave mark that gave the master more control than not. They could easily cause their slave pain, and he knew that the Crimson Lord used it just for that; just causing a slave pain for the sake of seeing one in pain. "Lucifer. Her neck. Left side." he spoke in a low voice.

Lucifer knelt down next to her and gently took her face in his hand and turning her head so that he could better see the mark "I can remove it but it would cause her a great deal of pain and given her current condition it could possibly kill her" taking care not to hurt her he scooped her up in to his arms and then reassured her that she was safe on these lands and that no one there would hurt her "ask your sister if one of her contracts can aid me I want to get this brand off sooner rather then later" Lucifer then turned and headed for the house so that she could be tended too but also to hide her presence from the other male

The female was flinching away from Lucifer when he was grabbing onto her face, a low whimper escaping her lips. One of pure fright and pain, yet she didn't seem to say anything at all, not really seeming to have the strength to do it. In fact Lucifer would find that soon after he was picking her up in his arms, she seemed to be passing out; the male would feel that she weighed little to nothing at all. Severely malnourished. Kadyn was just giving a nod of his head before he was commenting, "I just let her know. She says to take her to the infirmary, to one of the private rooms for right now." Twin telepathy definitely came in handy.

"will do and just so you know I smelled blood one of your tight rope walkers is injured and given the smell coming from them badly at that" Lucifer was unaware that Selena didnt have the owners permission to perform so when he went to look they wouldn't find her. Lucifer then headed into the manor and to the infirmary so that he could get her settled. Lucifer was enraged with how weak she was but he would keep his temper in check. once he settled her in a bed and an iv was hooked up he sat holding her hand lightly in his to give her some comfort.

Selena stood in the bathroom and after washing the red out of her silver hair she let the hot water run down her back slowly pulling the dried and old blood as well as infection out so that she could heal. Selena knew it would take some time to heal but along as she did as she was doing the infections and such would go away with time.

Kadyn was just nodding his head before he was giving a frown and passing on the message to Kiara mentally, then inquired which of the tight rope walkers it had been. That would help them be able to track them down, not knowing that the one Lucifer was talking about wasn't even somebody who was meant to be performing. And truly the twins didn't care who performed; but they did have to sign a paper that basically stated that as long as they were performing that if they were hurt, the owners and the circus wasn't held liable at all. They were performing knowing that they could get injured. He was heading back to the big tent while Lucifer went to the infirmary with the young woman in his arms, a few of the other doctors just assisting how they could.

Lucifer described the performer but from what he could see there was little else he could give him. Lucifer waited for Kiara or one of her contracts so he could remove the brand from the other female. Lucifer had female staff do her intake and not all injuries past and present and then get her cleaned up as well as they could before he had settled in to sit with her and wait

One of the nurses was helping get the female cleaned up while another was documenting her injuries, and that one was coming out with the information for Lucifer. "She is severely malnourished. Nothing but skin and bones. She has a number of bruises and cuts, a few fractured ribs, some bruising to her spinal column, luckily that isn't serious. No internal bleeding at all, thankfully." the woman spoke as she handed over the intake information. The door was opening soon enough and Kiara seemed to be coming into the infirmary, having left the moment that Kadyn had returned and told her that she was needed, that he could take over.

Lucifer nodded his head "thank you" he then looked at Kiara "I am sorry about this but I know she needs you more then the show does right now" Lucifer hated that she couldn't perform but the young girl needed her and he didnt want to leave her side just yet not until she was certain that she was safe with them

Kiara was just a bit confused at first, Kadyn having only half explained but it had been more or less stated that it was an emergency, and she would see when she got there. With that she was taking the notes from the other doctor and looking over them for a brief moment in time. "This poor girl..." she spoke in a soft voice, her tone having a hint of horror in it before she was going over to examine the female herself. Now that she had been bathed and cleaned up, it made it far easier to tell that she was more marred with bruises than she was with dirt and grime. "I'll tend to her. If one of you could track down a performer that was injured that would be great. A tight rope walker; from what Kadyn told me from Lucifer... red hair." Kiara spoke as she was just grabbing a few things to set up a few other IVs. Her eyes did go towards the mark for a moment in time, and there seemed to be a hint of anger in her eyes.

"I can remove it Kiara but the pain would be so sever in her current state it would kill her. unless we wait till she heals or you know someone who can take the pain from her its not safe for me to do so" Lucifer worried about the girl and wanted her well but there were limits to what he could do and removing someones pain was not something he was able to do

Kiara was just looking for a brief moment in time before she spoke, "I do not know anybody who can take it away but I can most definitely make sure that it stays at a bearable level. But I think it would be best to tend to her injuries first. While I am concerned for the mark... as long as she is within the infirmary there isn't a need to worry about it."

Lucifer nodded his head. lightly and then looked at her "she is so small even by our standards I dont know how she survived this long let alone make the trip here to seek out help" Lucifer couldn't help but think she had heard that the circus was a safe haven for those in need

Kiara just shook her head before she spoke, "I am not sure. If she found a way to escape then what kept her going was adrenaline. Or the Crimson Lord is playing a cruel game right now." Making it seem lke they were free to leave, letting them leave through a portal just to hunt them down later and claiming that they had "run away" from him.

Lucifer nodded his head "but this time his little game backfired as she found us. I know for certain this brand had been outlawed for centuries and this girl can't be more then nineteen" Lucifer reached and instead of removing it he muted the information the would be sent to the male as a way to protect her.

Kiara was just nodding her head after a moment in time before she spoke, "And he is even more cruel to those that are considered an adult by human standards. Most of the humans eighteen or older don't survive long with him. But by the look at some of the old injuries... she has been with him for a number of years. Being abused for a couple of years." Kiara was just gently touching the female's forehead, and a faint golden glow seemed to emit from Kiara's hand, and soon just seemed to sweep over the girl.

Lucifer nodded his head lightly "yea it does I hate to say this but if she can confirm it was him Have grounds to strip him of his rank and property, which includes all slaves and staff but she would have to speak up and tell me the whole truth infant of an angel" Lucifer always asked for an angel in cases like these as Angels couldn't lie

Kiara was just giving a nod of her head before she spoke, "If she is willing to speak out against him. We know most humans don't wish to speak out against them. We would need to gain her trust and reassure her that he wouldn't be able to touch her." Yet that wouldn't really be a difficult thing for Kiara to prevent at all, she could stand toe to toe against the Crimson Lord with her defense magic. At least as long as he didn't manage to close the gap between them and get right up close and personal. Then she struggled a bit but at least if she was hit she could take a hit... and while she wasn't much of a fighter she could dish out some damage if needed.

Lucifer nodded his head lightly "for now we can focus on getting her well as for speaking out against him Ill bring it up when I think it is time" Lucifer would assure her that everyone would get medical treatment for any and all injuries that they sustained at his hands "once she is healed Ill go find the performer if your staff can't find them. even if they shower I can still smell the blood and infection so they won't be able to hide from me"

Kiara was giving a nod of her head before she was commenting, "Might be best for you to look into it. Because now that I think about it... we don't have a tightrope walker with red hair... Unless Kadyn hired a new one recently and I wasn't informed about it." But the likelihood of the siblings not mentioning something important like that to the other was pretty slim, so this meant that it was somebody performing that shouldn't be performing. At least not until the papers were signed. "I really hope it isn't a staff that decided to just do it because.... Otherwise... Kadyn and I are in a lot of trouble if papers weren't signed."

Lucifer sighed "if they are with how skilled they are I doubt they would get hurt but I find it odd that they would perform while hurt bad enough for me to be able to smell it" the fact that Selena had been able to perform was because she no longer felt the pain but she did have hard time doing things as her back healed which if someone was looking for her would let them know she was hurt

Kiara was just looking for a moment, "That is besides the point. Had anybody else come here from your family and discovered that we had somebody performing that hadn't signed the paperwork... we could be in a lot of trouble. You already know that the papers are consent forms.... that if they are injured or anything happens to them while they are performing that my brother and I, and the circus in general, are not liable." Now this new development was slightly stressing her out.

"breath Kiara you wouldn't get in trouble with my family as I was the one to inform you and your brother. as you have people actively looking for the person there is nothing that any of my family can do" Lucifer knew this as they were trying to rectify the issue and make sure that the appropriate forms were signed all was good. Lucifer was curious as to who would do something like that though. while they were talking the smell of blood and infection hit his nose once more and he turned his head looking at the door "they are close they are either coming up on the room or just passed it"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom