Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Spirit Rider

True Grave

Warrior
Eric Coverdale sped along on his motorcycle as the wind whipped his short black hair. The unusual thing about this was that he was riding his motorcycle through the air. Although he looked no different from any other young man in his mid-twenties, he was far from ordinary. For thousands of years, his family had served the God of Wind, swearing to keep this element from being misused. Eric was the current Guardian of Wind, a mantle that he had worked hard to earn. After all, it was not just a mere title.

The God of Wind rigorously tested any applicant to the position, pushing them physically and mentally. Learning to wield the wind as a weapon had been incredibly challenging and at times dangerous. A gentle breeze could become a violent tornado if a Guardian to be did not control their emotions. Every Guardian also had to have a Vessel to transport them across the dimensions. Eric had picked a motorcycle but he might as well have picked an unruly horse. He had lost count of the times he had fallen off, but never once did he falter.

After years of training, Eric was at last made the Guardian of Wind. Wanting a cooler name, he chose the moniker Spirit Rider due to being a fan of Ghost Rider. Using his ability to open portals to other dimensions, Eric could ride his mystical motorcycle to go on patrol. If he found anyone using the power of wind for evil, he was to stop them by any means necessary. This was not a regular occurrence, and so he often just found himself traveling across the skies of space and time. Due to his title, Eric was immortal and so had no fear of time anymore, forever locked in a youthful form that belied his incredible power.

Having been born on Earth One, he was among the five most powerful ‘mortal’ beings on the planet. All of them were unique in nature and he sometimes worked with them to protect their home planet. Due to his main job, however, Eric spent most of his time away from home. On one trip through a dimension of fairies, he was called upon to do a unique task. The Queen of the Fairies had been kidnapped by a dragon and they wanted him to rescue her. Spirit Rider felt sorry for them and so agreed to play hero.

The battle was a spectacle to behold. Using his wind powers, Eric fended off the flames of his foes. It also shielded him from fangs and claws. The battle lasted for hours until the dragon began to tire. Gunning his motorcycle, Eric sped at him with green wind flying in front of him. These winds cut like blades, and with them, he cut right through the dragon’s underbelly to come out the other side.

Dead before it hit the ground, the dragon had been defeated. The Queen of the Fairies rode on the back of his motorcycle, curious about the human that had saved her. Eric transported her safely back to her people and was heralded as a hero. He modestly thanked them before taking to the skies again. The fairies saw him off with beautiful lights and music that humans could scarcely imagine. Opening a green portal with an outstretched right hand, Eric left the dimension of fairies to enter an entirely new world as it closed behind him.

Last edited:
Spirit Rider was riding through a world that was almost entirely water. All around him was a massive ocean, the tires of his Vessel throwing a wake as he rode over the surface like it was a road. He had never seen a world like this before and it intrigued him as he looked around. The sun was starting to set on the horizon, soon to turn the wide expanse of blue around him a sparkling gold.
“Wow.”
No amount of words could really describe an experience like this.

As his Vessel traveled over the sea, it created vibrations unfamiliar to this world’s inhabitants. Several mermaids, sirens, and other humanoid sea creatures popped to the surface out of curiosity. Some of them were quite beautiful and found the handsome young man attractive. Eric blushed slightly at their flirtations and kept going. Under the surface, he could see dolphins and other sea creatures similar to those back home. What he did not see right away was a massive sea creature with less than friendly intentions.

A massive kraken burst from the sea, its body as massive as a skyscraper. Eric saw it in time to veer off, seeing its tentacles coming for him. Dodging them, he ascended into the air and circled around. Once again facing forward, he could look into the vicious yellow eyes of his foe. The creature wanted to feed on him and wasn’t about to cease the battle.
“I won’t lose!” Eric declared as he gunned the engine of his motorcycle to rush the kraken.

The tentacles came for him, but that was a mistake. Eric extended his right hand with his palm open, sending out circular blades of green wind. The blades sliced the tentacles off and the kraken screamed in pain.
“Don’t worry. It won’t hurt for long.”
Eric twisted the throttle hard, rapidly picking up speed as green wind blew his black hair back.

View: https://youtu.be/Or3uQG4SmWU

The wind around him formed into the shape of a spear. With blinding speed, he pierced the kraken right between the eyes and exited through the other side. The kraken let out a death cry and began to sink as Eric slowed down but continued forward. His Vessel touched down on the water and continued at a leisurely pace. As he kept going, some mermaids swam beside him and thanked him for killing the kraken. It had apparently been a bully that pushed others around.

One mermaid that lingered was a blonde with large breasts covered by sea shells. She smiled at him as their eyes met.
“Handsome boy with eyes as blue as the sea, could I convince you to stay awhile?”
“I wish I could, but duty calls.”
The mermaid looked disappointed.
“Perhaps another time?”

Eric smiled at her.
“What’s your name?”
“Ciela.”
“I’m Eric. If I return to this world, I will ask for you.”
“I hope that is soon,” she replied with a smile.

After Ciela went under, Eric turned his eyes to the horizon. Upon the golden sea, his Vessel carried him toward the sun. Reaching out his hand, Eric created a green portal ahead. The sun almost seemed to sit on the horizon, creating a glow that only accentuated the portal. It was a stunning sight that Eric would never forget. As he went through the portal, it carried him to a new world before closing behind him.

Back
Top Bottom