Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Kinkiness levels?

Breezi

Purah Brainrot
I have an idea that might make it easier for people to filter out what they want in RPs, because it would be nice to have some sort of tag or category that could show what someone wants out of an RP. Sure it could only do so much but something that says "this RT is vanilla" or "this RT is somewhere in the middle" or even something about it being smut or story focused. Because for me personally, it's hard going through and finding what I want there.

You know, if there were more solid and concrete levels of Kink I could imagine this would be a great idea, but with that being said so much of what defines kink is subjective.

What I find super kinky may be someone else's vanilla, and vice versa.

That seems like it'd be a more spot-on phrase for what you're trying to accomplish.

Overhauling the manner in which the entire user base organizes and advertises their RTs would be impossible, beyond just the general behind the scenes work for Vek to include more labels for people to include in their threads. Already there are many opportunities people have to tag, highlight, etc their threads that arent utilized by the members.

I think you'll have better luck using this idea to formulate your own RT and attract like-minded folks to you, if that makes sense?

I feel like if a closed tag was able to be implemented, the same could be done for content levels, then it'd be a matter of clicking on the content tag to filter. The site already has the system necessary to use, it's just an option to add on top I'd think. More user experience customization, which couldn't hurt.

I think the number of people who are coming out about wanting things like this might be a sign of an uptick in the sort of people who would use it. I've talked before about how it's just sorta the site culture, but I think it's worth looking into, if nothing else.

You're probably right. I forgot about the Closed Tag completely, tbh.

Certainly when enough users are eager for a certain change, the staff take notice and we do what we can. :heart:

The only thing that I think would be tough is that we currently allow only one prefix for the threads, so people couldn't use the "Gender x Gender" prefix along with the "Story"/"Smut" prefixes.

Exactly. Putting the spark words of "Plot-Driven" or "Seeking Vanilla-Smut" in the title, instead of a prefix or tag, would be beneficial for users seeking those specific things.

I think this is more of a matter of being able to filter those out directly and uniformly. Placing something at the front of a title is very end user, and searching terms can become frustrating. People will write it differently, some will have typos. Things like that.

Some users may simply not want to end up reading some of the implied topics of some titles as well, hard to read just part of a title. While this is a more minor point, due to a perceived majority of RTs tending toward darker themes, content tags might help make things seem less intimidating for them.

That said, I do understand that this may disable the functionality of the pairing tags and that is my main concern. If it's a difficult technical issue to keep the pairing tag working while adding a content tag, well, thems the breaks I guess! However, if it isn't, I don't see a good reason not to have additional functionality.

Back
Top Bottom