Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Angels & Demons [Degu x Sevatar]

Aldrik felt even more sheepish at her response, but he wouldn't give it a reply, unsure as to what he could say in response. It was silly of him to worry, but at the same time, he didn't want to impose on Kida. He had wanted to do something nice for her, and that was it. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable, considering that if he got kicked out of her apartment, he was probably done for.

"You're welcome." He hummed, grabbing a sponge and getting to work scrubbing the pans clean, listening to the noise of Kida walking out to the living room. He had just finished up with the first pan when Kida called out to him, and he turned around to offer her another sheepish smile. "Yeah. I did." He shrugged, walking over so that he could look at her. "I got up like an hour ago and well, I wanted to repay you for what you've done for me... Granted, there wasn't a whole lot I could do"

Aldrik fell silent after that, making his way back to the sink, humming under his breath as he got to work on cleaning the remaining dishes. It wouldn't take him too long, only a couple of minutes for all of the dishes he had used to be clean and dried, tucked away in their cabinets and drawers, as if he had never touched them. "Is there anything else I can do?"

"I didn't say you had to be my maid, did I? I don't think I said anything about that, but my head's still a bit cloudy from the booze, so maybe I did." That didn't seem like something she would have said even when intoxicated but putting up an angel wasn't something she normally would have done drunk, and she'd done it sober! "Really didn't have to, but thanks, I guess." She wasn't going to be ungrateful, even if it did throw her completely off guard.

"No." She was halfway through her food when he came into the living room to inquire. "No, this is already weirding me out enough, no more favors. It's weird enough having an angel here let alone one that's nice." She stabbed a piece of egg and held it up in the air briefly to wave it around. "The food is good, though. If all else fails, you could probably find a job as a cook somewhere." What else was she supposed to talk about to keep things from getting awkward?

"I'm not used to company and I don't know what to say, so tell me about yourself, or something, so I we don't have to sit in miserable silence staring at the walls."

Last edited:
Aldrik couldn't help but laugh a little at Kida's words and he strolled out into the living room so he wasn't yelling across her apartment. "You did not say anything about me being your maid. I may not have had to, but I still chose to do it." He glanced outside the window, smiling a little at the overcast skies. "Okay, okay. I get the message." He chuckled, raising his hands in defeat. "I'm glad you enjoy the food."

He was thankful that Kida did something to prevent the awkward silence that had started to fall over the room, and he let out another laugh. "Alright, well.." He fell silent for a moment, trying to figure out where to start. "As I told you, my name's Aldrik." He felt a bit of nervous energy come over him, and he tapped his foot against the floor. What was he supposed to share? What could he really tell her?

"I don't really know what to tell you about that's not depressing" Aldrik chuckled, taking a seat on the seat across from Kida, taking care not to press his bandaged back against the cushion. "I lived in Tal Valeth for... the last four? five hundred years. I lost track of time more often than I care to admit." He stretched, wincing at the strain he put on his back. "But... Evidently, that has changed. Other than that..." He trailed off, falling quiet as he thought about what to share. "Is there anything in particular you'd like to know?" He asked, tapping his fingers against the chair arm

"Mhm." She'd not have taken him into her home without at least knowing his name, that simply wouldn't do. "Depressing is a matter of opinion." She went back to eating as Aldrik continued to speak, not wanting to interrupt too much and frighten him off his train of thought. For as uneasy as she was housing the enemy race, he was even more uneasy, or at the very least more awkward.

Tal Valeth. A place she had heard about by name only, but never seen for herself. A place she never wanted to see for herself, full of angels and their self-righteous nonsense. The fact that he had resided there for so long and then thrown away his affiliation with his own race made things all the stranger. A part of her wanted to ask around and see what kind of information she could possibly get on him, the other part didn't want other demons knowing who this angel was if he had managed to anger some of the more powerful of his kind. As it stood, her house could be targeted at any time, a risk she was aware of but less than pleased about. If an angel destroyed her home...

"What do you plan to do if Azrael or the others come for you?"

Aldrik couldn't help but chuckle again, shaking his head. "Well.. In my opinion, it's rather depressing." He hummed, running his fingers against the side of the chair as he sat there, trying not to let an awkward silence overtake them, and thankfully Kida provided the solution to the silence that had started to fall. But... That was a question that made him visibly sag in the chair, and he glanced up at Kida after a few moments, and there was pain visible in his eyes.

"I.." He let out a sigh, falling back into the chair, ignoring the pain that shot up his back. "I don't really know what I would do." He ran his fingers through his hair, while tapping faster and faster against the side of the chair. "I know what I want to do, which is to finish what he started when I left Tal Valeth" His voice was quiet and determined. His eyes shined with what could be described as a mixture of rage, and sadness that seemed to seep into every inch of his face. "And I'd hopefully be able to right the wrong he inflicted... But I don't know if that will happen."

He sighed again. "If they do come for me, it'll be to demand I leave the city, so I'm within their reach... So they can repeat what they did." He tapped his fingers against the chair. "But I won't let that happen."

Well, if that wasn't a pained look she wasn't sure what was. Even the mention of the angels that had torn off his wings brought him torment, not that she could blame him. If she'd had important body parts removed forcefully, her memories of the offenders would bring her grief too. Thankfully, she'd managed to put everyone who had tried to harm her either in their place, or in the ground.

Well, that wasn't a good choice, was it?

She watched him lean back in the chair, probably making his wounds she had just bandaged the night before ache. If he reopened them before a full twenty-four hours had even passed... She was going to have some things to say about that. The mess alone was problematic should he start to bleed freely, but having her effort wasted was more offensive than a blood piece of furniture.

"What he started?" Her food was finished and the plate set to the side as she studied him curiously. What had Azrael started in Tal Valeth? "Not even Michael would be welcome in my city, let alone Azrael. If they breach the borders of the city and attempt to push their way in, I can guarantee you that most of the demons in the city will push back. We don't tolerate angels thinking they can order us around." She sighed and stood, grabbing her plate and starting toward the kitchen.

"If Azrael steps foot in my house, he'll be going back in pieces."

Back
Top Bottom