Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You Will Be My Mate (Dream and Zig)

zigzagger

Planetoid
It had been a few years now since Blaine had taken up the role of Alpha Male for his pack. Things were going fine and he was a fantastic leader. The rest of his kin followed his leadership without question, for he had shown dominence in power and smarts over the last Alpha. The previous Alpha Male had been old and did not welcome change. Having been around for far too long, he was wise with knowledge but he was unsure how to keep up with the changing world. Seeing this, Blaine challenged his leadership over the pack and managing to get by with only a few scrapes and bruises, he won. Taking up residence in a tall appartment building, he began to gradually move his kin into the appartment. Now, the appartment complex consisted of nothing but werewolves. Nobody was the wiser to there little take over, and now Blaine had found a home for his brethren to live safely in.

But as of late, whispers have been slowly working there way around. They spoke of Blaine being an unfit leader. One had already dared to voice his opinion, but was quickly made an example of. Some of the older members of the pack, who were reaching there final rotations of the seasons, worried about the future of the pack. For you see, Blaine had not yet chosen an Alpha Female, he had no mate. If it wasnt for all the good things Blaine had already done for the pack, he would have most likely been outcast from them a while back.

A loud, high pitched ringing noise errupted from his pocket and tore him away from his thoughts. Reaching into his pants he pulled out a cell phone and snapped it open. "Ya?" Reaching his free hand up he shielded his eyes from the bright sun shining overhead. "Yes, I know. Tell them not to worry about it... I'm out right now... I said don't worry about it. I'll find her!" He barked through his phone, snapping it shut and cramming it back into his pocket. "God dammit..." He mumbled under his breath before walking off.

• The apartment complex didn't consist solely of werewolves. There was one human presence there, that of a young woman. She had lived there for about a year and a half after her parents passed on. Her grandmother, a sweet old lady offered the twenty-one year old to stay with her in the country-side. However, the woman politely refused. The city had it's benefits--busy life, plenty of job opportunities, inspiration, people... but sometimes, it was indeed annoying. Like, this large group of new men that had suddenly moved into the old apartment building. She remembered that summer night quite clearly. They all flooded in with duffle-bags and boxes without any warning, shuffling and trailing up the stairs.

This particular summer night it had been fairly warm; the streets were ardent though nearly empty, a few people littered here and there, traveling down the terrace-way. The park across the street resounded with cheerful chirping emitting from busy crickets. From the inside of the building emitted a young woman, tall and fairly curvaceous. Over her shoulders she was lugging a large, thick black garbage bag filled to the brim with personal junk disdain from the past few weeks. It was sitting there, smoldering and festering in the kitchen after her little absence, for she had been out of town. This was when the infestation of young men began. Though, she had no qualms. Though they were rowdy and loud, they seemed to keep to themselves. She was unsure, but maybe it was because they weren't quite aware of her presence yet. She had just returned home that previous night, anyhow.

Downstairs she trailed, the length of her beautifully toned legs following one after another, garbed tightly in a pair of cottony gray shorts.

Her top was a little different; a tight, long-sleeved though thin burgundy hoodie that accented her thin waist and voluminous bust. Outside she heard the faint sound of a young man humming, strumming away at what seemed to be an acoustic guitar. "Evening, Johnta. Didn't know you were back," the man said to the woman, peering up at her insanely milk-chocolaty eyes. They were slender and light, almost like that of a snake. He always loved to see the woman when she made a trek outside of the building. Her skin tone was like a creamy coffee texture, the length of her thick, black, matted lion's mane reaching down nearly to her delightfully round rear. "Hey," she muttered dully. Her voice was virtually dripping with a honey essence, sublime, almost with a slightly sarcastic tone. It was smooth like freshly churned peanut-butter and vulpine just like her soft figure.

She trailed towards the back of the building, just near an alleyway, lugging the garbage bag over to a dumpster and straining to toss it in. It was so hot out that just making that trek alone was difficult, though throwing a 30lbs sac of junk around wasn't exactly easy, either.[/list:u]

Having searched for the majority of the morning and well into the afternoon, Blaine was in a sore mood. Be it his constant coversing with himself, for example "Damn those elders," or "Where is she?" Or be it the constant judging he did to passing females. Whatever the reason was, people seemed to understand that he was in no mood for an argument so they tended to remove themselves from his path. "Seriously... How hard is it to find a single attractive girl out there?" He mumbled to himself as he passed a group of school girls, who frowned as he walked right through there little group not even noticing what he had just done. His mind was too far gone in thought. "I'm not that picky... You would think I would have found one by now..." This continued on like this for about a while longer as he approached the appartment building. The thought of having to walk up those flights of stairs past all of his kin disturbed him. Once again he returned without a mate. The Alpha should not have to be intimidated by the thoughts of his followers. These thoughts only drove him into an even poorer mood.

Turning the final corner he scowled as he heard a very familiar noise. The multitude of sounds emmiting from the massive and strange disfigured spoon, had begun to ware on Blaine's final nerve. In no attempt to hide his look of disgust, he frowned at the man plucking away at his guitar, but still managed to nod at him in acknowledgement. As much as he disliked the man and his guitar, it's not like he could just run up and tear his throat out. No, as the times change, so must the pack. Thats what Blaine believed, so he refrained outwardly speaking ill of the man or assaulting him. Instead he sped up as he approached the entrance. The desire to ascend the stairs as quickly as possible and avoid the wandering eyes of his kin was incredibly large.

But something stopped him in his tracks. Instinctively, his nose rose as he sniffed the air. Somthing was different... He hadnt smelt this before, it was new to him. It smelled incredibly good. Turning his head he attempted to follow the scent and thats when his dark green eyes stumbled upon her. A women unlike any he had seen before. Her legs were long and toned wonderfully, her curves were clearly visable due to her ensemble and sheer form of the women. Instantly he knew that it had to be her. This girl, who he didnt even know, had to be his mate. She was perfect and he had to have her. Moving closer to her, he noticed that she seemed to be having trouble with her garbage. This was a perfect chance for him to introduce himself. "Hey, you need some help?" Moving past her he gripped the bag of garbage in one hand and easily flung it into the dumpster. Extending his hand out to the women, he smiled. "The names, Blaine. I don't think I've seen you before. You live around here?" He asked honsetly curious as to where she came from but at the same time trying to contain his excitement and not terrify the girl and having her run off.

At this point it didnt really matter if she did run for some reason, he was so sure that she would be his mate, he would chase her down and bring her back. But what kind of greeting to another person is, 'You're now the Alpha Male of my pack and also my Mate.' No, right now it was better for him to play it smooth, until he knew a bit more about her at least.

• At the sound of a deep, incredulous voice, Jonta had nearly cursed to herself. Wherever it seemed a woman was experiencing some form of strain, a man just had to intervene. Not all women were spineless. Even with his display of physical prowess, she wasn't severely impressed. Especially since she didn't even have any time to reply. She did, however, give the man a once-over. He didn't particularly seem like anything extremely special, though she was wrong on several points. One of his distinctive features, though, were the emerald tone of his forest green eyes. They had the glimmering goodness of a precious stone, and she found herself gazing into them; they reflected light fragments like a prism and had an almost kaleidoscope-like effect.

She wasn't going to be too outwardly rude, though. She gaze his hand a strong, firm shake, parting her lips.

"Jonta." Her reply was wary, cautious almost. This man's eagerness to help had startled her and made her fairly suspicious, though she was quick to drop the idea. "I live here... in the Maplehurst building." It was difficult for her to feign interest, especially if she truly had anything. The only thing natural and appealing about this man, to her and especially in the dark, were his gorgeous gem-like eyes. His approach was merely startling... that, and she was trying to clean her messy apartment. She patted her hands on her legs, trying to remove some of the rusty, old metally flakes that were on her hands from the dumpster. "You have... nice eyes."

She made sure to make herself pay attention, then turned, preparing to shuffle off back into the building. "Um... thanks again for the help, Blaine." She was sure to his his name, just so she didn't come off to standoffish. "Anyway. I have work to do. Maybe I'll see you later."[/list:u]

[Wow, I love the way you RP. The way you describe situations and features is awesome]

Blaine couldnt help but look a little bit surprised when she told him that she too lived in the Maplehurst building. He had been under the impression that his entire pack had taken over the entirety of the building and its rooms. Apparently he was wrong. But how had she slipped through his fingers? What concerned him more however is that it seemed that he had made a poor first impression towards the girl. Unable to help but chuckle at what she said he grinned. "Thank you, they tend to run in my family." But despite enjoying the compliment she had given him, it still appeared that she was quick to want to leave. Seeing her turn, he almost instinctively reached out and grabbed her arm to prevent her from leaving just yet, but he was able to contain himself. "You can count on it," he told her with a grin that clearly held a hidden meaning.

Blaine remained where he was and didnt move until she was out of his sight. Reaching quickly into his pocket he ripped out his phone and crammed it to his ear. "Didnt we clear out the entire appartment? I just met a girl who says she lives here! No, she isnt one of us, I would have known... Out of town? Why didnt you tell me about this earlier? No... No, leave her be." He said in the phone calming down some as his eyes wandered to the door she had recently walked through. "I have special plans for her..." And with that he shut the phone and returned it to his pocket.

After spending a little more time outside, enjoying the warm breeze he finally went back inside. As cliche as it may be, Blaine had taken up residence in the very top room. It seemed fitting for the Alpha Male, or at least thats what he told himself. Climbing the stairs two at a time, he attempted to not make much noise. He was not in the mood to deal with anybody at the moment, his mind was far too occupied with other things, more important things. A stair beneath his feet creeked and he groaned at the noise. Almost as if it was planned, the door he was moving past, slowly creaked open. With a quick kick with his foot he slammed the door back shut on the person who had been peering out through the crack. Continuing up the stairs he didnt wait for an apology or decide to give one either. "Annoying busy bodies... Why don't they mind there own business..." He growled under his breath.

A nice handful of werewolves were quickly becoming impatient with Blaine's mate problem. Almost all the Elders had already voiced there dislike of the situation. But as he thought of these things, he could only grin. For he had found a mate and pretty soon wouldnt have to hear there annoying criticism. After finally reaching the top floor, he opened his door and walked inside. Blaine never found any reason to lock his room up, because due to there sensative noses even if somebody dared to challenge his authority and enter his room, he would be able to quickly find them and teach them a lesson. Moving past a mirror on his way in, he frowned and ran a hand through his black hair attempting to keep it elegantly disheveled. He didnt like it when it was completely straight and prefered it a little messy. Taking a moment to look at his eyes he grinned remembering the compliment.

• No doubt in her mind now that he was different. It was more then evident that she was displeased with his introduction and obviously, he noted that. But still, he acted brazenly, enough to even grab her arm. It was a grip that was burned into her brain. No man was that strong. He could have broken the bone in her arm! She felt her skin give way and sizzle under the arduous temperature of his calloused palms; the strength of his large fingers crushing her veins. She shook the idea away. It wasn't important.

After doing several more runs up and down the stairs she found herself finally able to rest. Inevitably Jonta have in to her throbbing soles and rested herself comfortable in a large, black lazy-boi chair positioned in the spacious apartment's living room. She clutched the remote in her hand and hit the power button, skimming over a few channels that she had presumed had something fairly decent on to watch. Nothing. The channel guide read 8:49pm which usually meant a new patch of programs would be coming on in about ten minutes. But she was impatient and had trigger-happy fingers which continued to mindlessly molest the chunk of plastic and computer-like wiring.

Eventually she came across a news channel; the title "Mysterious Murder in local warehouse" scrolled across the screen.

She titled her head and kept her neck erect; a murder so close to the apartment building? Intrigue caught her mind. "The warehouse positioned on Fareview Terrace was supposedly abandoned for several years after the owner James Dentrément was charged with financial fraud. Just recently the police were notified that young men had occupied the building as some sort of gang hide out or base. This was information was verified this evening after a body was found dismembered inside of the warehouse. While the men occupying the building were all taken under arrest for trespassing, they had explained that the deceased's assailant was a figure averaging at about ten feet in height. CSI are currently trying to identify the body but they said it was so damaged that it may be impossible for them to get a name."

"What?" Jonta leaned back in the chair. It didn't impact her as she thought it would but nonetheless it was odd news. An assailant averaging at ten feet? Impossible. They must have been so startled that their eyes played tricks on them, she thought, though that definitely was not the case. She sighed and leaned back in the chair, changing the channel once more. This time, some sort of horror-movie had commenced. She knew she was to stick around and watch it but still, a murder so close to home was startling. She exhaled curtly, a vivid look on her face. It was a movie she enjoyed, one that would require proper munchies, none of which she had. "Fuck. Gotta go to the store," she uttered darkly, climbing over the lazy-boi and slithering on her flip-flops. It's not that serious, she attempted to convince herself as she tucked away a twenty-dollar bill in her pocket, exiting the large building.

[ Oh, thank you shug >//////////<; I'm enjoying this, you're a fairly well-rounded roleplayr yourself. I hope I'm not writing too much for you! ] [/list:u]

[Nah, your night writing too much. I like it when my partners write alot, its way better than writing too little and it gives your partner more to write off of. I just feel bad that your writing so much more than me lol]

Blaine was in high spirits after his little encounter with Jonta. He couldnt help but feel good, despite still being under the annoying eyes of the Elders. Confidence filled and even clouded his mind, not even considering Jonta's feelings about the matter. In his eyes he had already obtained a mate. Finding his way over to his couch he practically pounced onto the soft furniture, reverting back to more of a playfull puppy in his glee. Turning on the television he had already been on the local news channel. Blaine barely watched any T.V. except for the local news, he liked to keep up with the local happenings and it just so happend that one of the main reasons he made sure to keep up with the human's news was for nights like tonight. Ears twitching at the mention of a murder, his eyes narrowed instantly and he sat up straight eyes glued to the television. Unconsciously, his grip was tightening on the remote in his hand as the reporter talked of a strange murder within a warehouse not too far from them. A low guttoral growl emmited from deep in his throat as the news progressed.

Upon the end of the report and a commercial coming on, Blaine remained standing staring blankly at the screen, with the remote's plastic being heard as his grip tightened even further on the remote. Loosing himself in a quick moment of rage, he threw the remote against the wall, and what had started out as a growl quickly turned into what most would call a roar or maybe even a howl ripped from Blaine's throat and shot through the halls of the appartment. Following shortly, many soft clicks of locks being locked on each door sounded off. What had happened? Hadnt he told everyone to be extra careful? That they were to remain from killing the humans and keep a low profile? Eyes flaring yellow in the dark of his appartment he tore his phone from his pocket and quickly dialed the number he usually used. A certain wolf that he used to keep track of the small happenings of the pack, someone to help him when things got a little out of control.

"Whats happened?" He roared over the phone. "I thought I made myself perfectly clear! Who did it?" He asked hastily attempting to get to the bottom of the murder as soon as he could. "What do you mean you don't know yet? Well find out and get back to me!" Almost throwing his phone as well he resisted the urge and placed it into his pocket. As he moved around his room he couldnt help but travel past his widow and it just so happend that he saw Jonta leaving the appartment and walking off somewhere. Normally he wouldnt care where a human was going at this time of night, but due to the murder and the fact that she was to be his mate he frowned and quickly opened his window. Making his way down his fire escape with inhuman like speed, he tailed behind her. Having known that he made a poor impression, he would prefer to keep as good a profile with her as he could and at the moment she didnt seem to fond of him. Even though he didnt care what she thought, he still would prefer she not hate him so for now he quietly kept out of sight and followed her.

• [ Nah, don't worry. I just like writing. ]

The street was fairly desolate at the time of night. It was an off-road sort of apartment, so off in the distance once could hear the brimming city life just along the other side of the park and to the north of the street. The street-lights seemed to flicker on and off, threatening to leave the terrace in blinding darkness for the remainder of the evening; odd animals such as strays out outdoors cats skittered back and forth across the small street, avoiding cars here and there. It was a quiet, well-kept little street, lined to the brim with waterfall trees that resembled natural cataracts; some of the spare houses--a few old and Victorian like, the others much more modern--were dressed outside with flowers and other flora. In fact, one older woman even had a glass terrarium next her house across the street, just near the park entrance. Jonta always found the wafting scent of the summery flowers alluring, especially during the evening when the scent of coffee and weed drowned out other aromas.

The store Jonta had traveled too was a small establishment owned by a 25 year old Latin man by the name of Chewy Garcia. No one really knew his true first name. He had ran that store ever since the building was built, and it wasn't long ago. It was a basic convenience store; tiled floors, shelves, make-shift music from a radio at the front of the store and a television to keep Chewy occupied while he waited for patrons. The bell chimed when Jonta forced open the door, regarding the handsome man with her slender, chocolaty brown eyes. He was always glad to have Jonta come and visit, especially since she even went out of her way to help him when there was an odd of customers. "Hey Jonta, haven't seen ya in a few days," he lulled, stroking the wiry hairs on his chin. "What've you been up to?" She took a few moments to reply; her eyes were glued on the television. It seemed Chewy, too, was watching the news. "Oh." She paused and turned to greet the man. "Just... school." She hid herself behind the shelf, plucking a box of popcorn and a two liter bottle of soda. She dropped it up on the counter and Chewy refused to have her pay, so she tucked away the bill.

"Have you been watching the news?" He asked colorfully. She merely nodded. "A ten-foot tall furry man? That's kinda funny, don'tcha thing? And a little outlandish, too." His comment was followed by a wry chuckle, laced with a thick Latin accent. He then slicked back his hair, examining the woman before him. "So what about those um.. boys I seen all running up the stairs the other day? They all live in the building now?"

It was rare she spoke, though, he never asked why. Speaking wasn't her thing, so, he didn't bothering prying. "I don't know. One of them talked to me... he's odd." was all she said. She kept the bottle and box in her arms and exited the store, casually waving goodbye to Chewy. Back out in the street she found herself, waiting for a nearby car to pass so she could cross. However... beyond the highbeams she noticed something--a figure, quite familiar. "Blaine?" She swallowed the knot in her throat and merely hopped across the street, ignoring the glare of an unusually suspicious looking man in the process.[/list:u]

Bright golden eyes shone in the darkness, they clung to the target they were glued to and ignored every else around them completely. It was late and not many people were out walking around the streets at night, especially with the new bit of news floating around. Most people around here were pretty careful and didnt want to take any chances of risking an adventure when the sun had already set. Especially when there was a ten foot tall murderer roaming the streets. Blaine's breath was calm and shallow, when the time arose for him to move he would carefully keep himself low to the ground and move without a sound. Dashing around all of the illuminous night lights that shone down on the street, he made sure never to allow even the smallest bit of him show in the light. Unable to block out the sweet smells of the flowers that hung in the air, he acknowledged their being there but made sure not to let his gaze falter. Dashing in and out of sight and into the nooks and craneys of nearby houses.

Before long he watched Jonta disappear into a small building. Settling himself down across the street beyond some highbeams he sat and waited. In the time he waited for Jonta to reappear again he had some time to think. If there truely was a werewolf roaming the streets, changed and disobeying his orders no less! Night time was not a safe time for humans, werewolfs had an already sightened senses such as sight and smell. Not to mention they were already stronger and more agile than humans. Adding into the darkness that enveloped the area at night, humans senses diminished and they were barely able to protect themselves as it is. That had been why Blaine had followed Jonta... Not wanting any harm to befall his mate he had to follow her in case this mysterious werewolf decided to show up. It may have been easier to learn about her overtime and decide to tell her about him when their feelings were one with eachothers but there was no way he could wait that long. Not to mention, she seemed already hesitant about him already. Added to that, the pack's criticizme would become stronger with time and ultimately they may deem him unfit for the title of Alpha. No, the sooner he confronted her about it the better.

With a soft sigh he shook his head and rose to his feet, running a hand through his black hair. Nodding his head he looked up and watched Jonta leave the store. He had made up his mind, he would tell her tonight. As his mind was busy with other things and his eyes were transfixed on her he didnt even think about concealing himself from her. By the time he thought about it, he saw her eyes locked in his direction and the sound of his name even drifted over to him. Cursing himself he watched her cross the street and begin to walk away. Almost hesitantly at first he began to follow her but as his resolve was finalized his pace quickened and he didnt bother hiding himself from her now. The thought of frightening her even more crossed his mind, especially following her late at night without knowing her very well but he knew who he wanted and it was her... And he would have her, despite how she feeled about him. Who knows? Maybe in time she would come to care for him as well.

Stealing a glance into the store she had left before she saw a man who looked pretty young. Glaring at him through the window his yellow eyes shone as he passed the store. Already Blaine found himself being protective of what was his. It was funny considering he had only talked to her once, and he almost even smiled. If the concept of having a figure shrouded in darkness quickly approaching you from behind in a deserted road didnt already scare Jonta into a run, Blaine would raise his hand in her direction. "Jonta!" He would call out, still approaching her. "Strange seeing you out this late at night... It's dangerous you know? Allow me to walk you back home?" He would suggest to her.

• The dark haired man's voice reverberated through her head; she gazed meagerly in his direction, hearing the curt curve of his balmy breath when he broke into a brisk jog towards her. "Strange?" Her lips formed the word perfectly. She regarded the man whilst craning her neck upward, tilting her chin just to meet his gaze. "I just went to go get something to nibble on. I suddenly got this.. I don't know, a second wind would you call it? Anyway, yeah... I decided to maybe watch movies for a little bit. It's a Friday night, truly, there's nothing better to do." The shapely woman nearly had dropped her snacks, though she was quick to snatch them up--her reflexes were strong after a few years of kick-boxing.

Jonta was a leggy woman, though surely not lanky. Sometimes it was just difficult for her to keep her footing, but naturally, she was poised and elegant while experiencing some form of movement.

Something... sudden came over her for a moment. It was a brash and loud thought, but her gut instinct just told her to ask. "Um, sure. Why not." A lapse of silence. She gazed upward towards the moon--Blaine was new, was he not? Though Jonta wasn't necessarily the most neighborly of people, suddenly having a man of his size around seemed very pleasing. Especially after watching the recap of the news that evening... she couldn't falter, or act mindless like she had moments ago, walking out completely on her lonesome near midnight. Maybe she didn't have as much common sense as she had originally thought.

"Blaine." She spoke his name like she had spoken it hundreds of thousands of times before. "Would you like to come over ad watch some movies with me? There's a lot of good horrors on the space channel... and I know I only just bought simple snacks but I can maybe cook up some nachos if you're hungry."[/list:u]

[Sorry I've been kinda slow lately, I'll try to get better at it lol]

"Great!" Taking up an even stride next to her he slowed his step as to not walk ahead of her, matching her own. Hearing her question he couldnt help but feel good. Something about hearing his name spoken by her voice... It cut to his core and would take his mind off of anything else he could possibly be thinking of. She had invited him over to watch a movies with her! Maybe it was because she was frightened by the recent news or maybe it was more fun to watch horror movies with others. Whatever the reason, he was just glad to see that he hadnt completely scared her off, it would make things later on much easier on the both of them. "Sure, I'm not really tired at the moment anyway." He told her with a nod.

This was good, by going to her place he would be able to find out exactly what room was hers and he wouldnt have to go asking the R.A. about what room a human girl was in. As they walked down the sidewalk back towards the appartment, Blaine found himself transfixed by the moon hanging overhead. It's bright glow adding illumination to the spots where the street lights could not reach. It wasnt much, but the pale glow of the white moon often brought peace to Blaine. Which was rather ironic considering what it did to him when it was full. On this night, the moon was not yet full but close to it. Something had to happen before the moon reached a full circle. Blaine had to be sure to have told Jonta of her fate by then, still insanely confident that she would be his mate. Blaine's posture, as he stared at the moon, was a bit lax at the moment. Slightly arching his back, he kept his hands inside his pockets and walked in a perfect straight line beside Jonta.

Shaking his head slightly he turned towards Jonta and chuckled embarassed at his being so easily side tracked. "So... You like horror movies, huh, Jonta?" Questioning her to learn a little bit more about his future mate, his golden eyes shone with curiosity. "Do you like being scared or something? The addrenaline?" If his definition was the same as hers, it was those scary movies on the television late at night, right? Blaine couldnt deny loving the feeling of addrenaline flowing through him, it made you feel good, powerful, and your senses were more aware to what was around you. It was a rare feeling that takes a bit to coax out of hiding but he remembered it most from the past when he would be hunting for prey for his pack. But those days were long behind him.

As the appartment grew closer to them, Blaine looked around one last time. It didnt seem like whoever had caused the murder in the warehouse was going to bother them tonight. If he... or she had been around that night observing them, if they had truly been a werewolf as Blaine suspected, then no doubt that they would have been able to smell the aroma coming from him and be able to tell that he was a werewolf as well. His face was pretty well known throughout the pack, as was his scent, it would take someone with alot of guts to confront him, the alpha male of the pack, let alone fight him especially when he had a female he was attempting to swoon nearby.

• [ Pft, don't worry about it ;] ]

Ah, yes, the question about horror movies. It did pop up every so often. Those who knew Jonta well also knew that she had a bit of a fetish, so to speak, for horror films. She took a moment to evaluate his inquiry, accessing crucial points in her head, memories, etc. A answer soon guided its way to her lovely, luscious lips. "I grew up in a world of realism." Her tone was dull but had a slight dramatic effect, "I was never taught about Christmas or Halloween. So, when I finally managed to escape the grasp of my tyrannical aunt who was technically my legal guardian until I was sixteen, I found solace in learning of idealism. Horror, fantasy... all of those are elements of another world we know nothing of. The mere though of something so large, something so unfathomable just... makes my mind bend. Horror, especially the fantasy aspect, is just another element to idealism. So, I suppose the adrenaline rush is surely entertaining, but... there's something more to it I've never been able to touch on."

She sighed a content one, glancing up towards the moon as Blaine had done with his smoldering, honey textured eyes.

Suddenly it was she, the philosophical, outlandishly standoffish twenty-one year old whom felt embarrassed about rambling on. Though, she would not apologize simply because she was not sorry. The trek indoors was quiet; as they entered the building, Jonta could smell the stale, muggy scent in the air, partially from old tenants cooking billowy foods that would waft through the floors and main stairwell. It was very aggravating, especially to Jonta whom had many allergies, including pollen and on occasion, long, wiry dog-fur. With long legs she traveled upstairs, finally coming to the apartment door that read '118' on it. She had left the door unlocked simply because she was running an errand across the street; inside, the first thing noticeable was the living room which was very tidy, very well decorated chamber. The television was about 30 inches and stood proudly in a black entertainment center.. There was the traditional coffee table, a sofa, and Jonta's pride and joy--a massive, black, leathery lazy-boi chair she had customed after winning it from a poetry contest nearly a year ago. Sometimes she would even exclude her bed and fall asleep in it from time to time.

She welcomed Blaine in to her quaint little hovel, dropping the box of popcorn and two litre bottle of soda on the counter in the kitchen. "Are you hungry?" she asked absent-mindedly, forgetting that it must have been about 12:30am, past midnight clearly. [/list:u]

Listening intently to what Jonta had to say about why she enjoyed the genre of horror movies so much, he couldnt help but smile. It amused him hearing her describe everything in such detailed and lengthy responses. Feeling a slight relation to the things she was talking about concering the horror movies he wondered how she would take it when he told her that he was in fact a werewolf. The way she thought honestly and hernestly about what she was going to say before she said it really struck him deep. Personally, Blaine was the type of person who acted upon impulse, but then again most werewolfs do. And being the Alpha meant that he had to be more alert and ready to defend those who were counting on him. But most of that was in the past, when they still lived out in the heart of isolated woods and in dark caves. That was no longer the life he wished to live, but some things, such as his brash acting, were hard to get rid of. She most certainly wasnt like any of the other female werewolfs in the pack, thats for sure. Something she said would make his ears perk though. Her 'tyrannical aunt' who had been her guardian in the past. Jonta only mentioned her for but a moment but that cut through his ears and registered into his brain faster than anything else she said. Anybody would be more attentive when their mate talked about their hardships, especially those in the past. Noticing her face become slightly red after her little rant he was unable to actually hold a soft chuckle. But he said nothing else of the subject as they entered the building.

With the stairs narrowing as they moved up the winding staircase he remained close to her but fell in step behind her. He couldnt help but notice her long elegant and well toned legs. Actually losing himself for a short moment as he watched her long legs carry her from stair to stair and slowly climb higher and higher up the main stairwell. Finally when they came to a stop and she opened the door he peaked inside and shortly followed her into the room. Turning his head he burned the numbers '118' into his mind. Turning back to face the living room he looked in awe at how neat and tidy the room was. Due to the way he acted and the things he did Blaine's living quarters were never very organized or clean for that matter. Next thing to be noticed by his darting gaze was her large black lazy-boi. It was huge and looked as if it had been used more times than the sofa that sat nearby. Neck craning as he got a look at as much as he could his head shot back around and turned to face her when she spoke, almost as if he forgot she was there. "Oh... Honsetly I am a little... If its not too much trouble to ask, do you have any meat? Packaged lunch meat is fine, anything will do." He responded to her, not thinking of the time either. Twelve thirty didnt seem that late to him compared to some nights when he just went without sleep.

Taking a few quick strides over to the sofa he sat down and looked at the television and entertainment center than surrounded it. No doubt in his mind that she lived better than he did, but that was to be expected. Resting an arm on the back of the sofa he turned and looked at Jonta. "So, what do you think? What movie do you want to watch? You said the space channel has a good selection?"

• Meat? Well, that was a little peculiar. And around 12:30 am past midnight? Indeed, it was an odd craving. But Jonta, being a woman, knew all about cravings. She wasn't the type to watch her figure or eat vegetables 24/7; she adored junk food, fast food... nearly any kind of food. Some times she would wake up in the middle of the night and cook up chocolate-chip pancakes doused in pure Canadian maple syrup and whipped cream to sate her cravings. "Yeah... just check the Space channel. I think there was a weird zombie or werewolf movie on. You know, something extremely cliche but horrifying at the same time."

Jonta rummaged through the half-filled refrigerator for something mildly resembling meat--there was a package of steak she had purchased three days ago and planned on having it for dinner but that craving quickly waned. She didn't plan on having it any time soon so she set the stove to a reasonable temperature, placed a pan on the burner and added a little bit of oil, lobbing the fairly large slab of steak into the quickly warmed skillet. "Blaine, do you want any onions or mushrooms with your food?" The scent of the warm, juicy steak filled her kitchen and wafted in and out of her nostrils; she took a long, sweet whiff and sighed pleasurably whilst combing through her cupboards for two plates instead of one. After catching a sniff of that brilliant aroma, she simply had to have a cut of the meat.

Along with the plates came too transparent glasses which were filled with the soda she purchased then added three ice cubes to each.

Just in case Jonta diced up a few white onions and mushrooms; she made extra just in case he wanted some, then persisted to add the additives onto the plate with the steak and whatnot. With two plates dressed well, she balanced the four glass items in her arms then passed Blaine the plate along with a fork and knife. "Here."[/list:u]

Taking up the remote Blaine began to flip through the channels until he found the Space channel. She was right, it was about to start showing a movie about a werewolf and a group of kids out in a cabin in the woods. Chuckling to himself at the sight of the movie title he nodded his head, deciding that he would enjoy watching that. If nothing else he would get a kick out of it. "Yeah, looks like theres a movie about a werewolf terrorizing a group of teens in a cabin..." There was only a small group of people alive today that even knew about the actual existence of werewolfs and most were to frightened by the consequences of talking about to tell anybody. Those that did were often silenced quickly or mysteriously disappeared into the night only to return later with no recolection of even speaking about werewolfs. They were found with their eyes completley dialated and it looked as if they had seen a ghost or been scared to death. Some were even found with scratches and bruises given to them by some unkown creature. But most of these things occured in remote parts of Europe. Most of the time, news didnt even reach other continents because nobody thought anything of it. But the word spread fast from werewolf to werewolf.

Nostrils widening he smelt an intoxicating aroma, lifting his head as almost a dog would he took a whiff of the air before looking towards the kitchen. Catching himself he returned his tongue into his mouth but was unable to prevent himself from drooling as he watched Jonta cook up a delicious looking steak. "Oh, no thanks. I don't need anything with it." He told her in response to her question. Reaching out his hand he took the cup and the plate from her, careful not to drop them. "Thanks," he said as his eyes followed the shining steak. Again he had to make sure not to drool all over the place. Blaine almost picked up the steak in his hand and took a big bite out of it but noticed the fork and knife on the plate next to the steak. Oh right, silverwear... He thought scolding himself for letting the aroma get the better of him and almost forgetting his manners. Picking up the knife between his fingers he quickly jabbed it into the delicious slab of meat. Rising it off the plate he brought it too his mouth before taking a large bite out of it and setting it back down onto the plate. The meat was practically perfect, no doubt she had cooked her own meals before.

Hearing her soundsystem speakers blurt out the begining to the movie he looked up and watched patiently as the movie started, reaching his hand over just to grab his drink. Looking down to take another bite of his steak he watched the hot food pour out a white hot smoke from where he bit into. Watching it rise in strange motions before vanishing into the air. Quickly taking another large bit he had finished half of his steak already as he sat it back down again. The movie started off with a character you would learn about later quickly becoming victim to the werewolf. Shortly after the movie title faded onto the middle of the screen and a few names of the main characters flashed by as well. It was a shame that some werewolfs still acted the way that humans portrayed them in this film, and even more so how most werewolfs act when their forced to transform every full moon.

• Nothing better then watching your typical generic horror movie. Though Jonta was very akin to deep, physiological gorefests such as the Saw series, basic horror films sated her macabre-like desire as well. She curled up on her lazyboi chair, tucking her legs up close to her while resting against one of the chair's leathery arms, stirring around the fuddled mess of onions and mushrooms next to the slab of steak on her plate. She took a large bite, then shoveled plenty of the side-dish onto a fork, piling it into her mouth. The flavor was something she quite adored; her grandfather, a very large, muscular man, always used to go hunting when they lived further north. He'd cook deer steaks, mushrooms and onions; eating this very meal bestowed upon her a nostalgic feeling.

She sighed, then glanced towards Blaine, batting her thick, long eyelashes.

"You know... I really don't think that, if werewolves are real, they'd be like that," she commented, ignoring the bustle upon the screen. The formal introductions in most movies, especially horror, were boring and irrelevant. "I studied lycanthropy for a while in university. The actual illness and the fantasy aspect. Werewolves, lycans... what ever you'd like to call them.. I'm sure not all of them are tyrannical monsters they're made out to be." She paused and took a few more bites of her steak, or, whatever was left of it, then placed the plate upon the table. "Personally, I know this sounds odd, but... I think they're beautiful creatures. Their fur, their eyes, their very essence and being... they're just misunderstood and misinterpreted. It's be interesting if they were real. Hell, they could be for all I know. All myths originate from somewhere, I guess." She took a well manicured hand and combed it through her lion's mane, each lengthy strand falling perfectly back into place. For some odd, mysterious reason... Blaine made her want to speak. She was unsure why. Usually she was quiet and composed, keeping all thoughts and speculations to herself, but, with this new man in the building, her lips were looser then a night of drinking with the girls.

Suddenly, she felt fatigue hit her. It was probably the food that filled her stomach; she took a sip of her soda and found a light blanket near the side of the couch, wrapping herself in it and leaning into the armchair. The movie didn't interest her that much anymore, though she was sure her level of intrigue would change when either the movie became more interesting, or if Blaine replied.[/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom