Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pet owners, what sacrifices do you make to keep your fur babies happy?

Johnny Rico

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
I'll retreat to the couch if my cats are too sound asleep and comfortable to want to wake them up, even if my bed is way more comfortable. And no unfortunately they're not the pro cuddling kind that you could just ninja your way around them and get into a good spot.

Anyone else go through this? What are your stories?

I have two rabbits and we have a room in the house that is 100% dedicated to them. Ok maybe 95% - I have a small shelf on the side where I keep some board games. Otherwise it has their pen, space to run, and is a cardboard wonderland.

Seriously: I just signed mine up for doggy daycare, which isn't cheap. But he's having serious separation anxiety now that I have to go back to the office.

Funny: I shave dingleberries off his butt.

I have 6 budgies ... in my living room ... so, my biggest sacrifice is to let them chirp and sing when I watch TV. Instead of hushing them all the time to be able to listen to the movies, I watch the movies with subs.
When 6 budgies decide to chat with the TV there's no way you hear what the actors are talking about. XD

Pretty sure I've lost so much sleep to have my pup sleep on my bed. Want to roll over? can't, because the little angel doggo is in the way.

I have came to accept that any drawstring on anything - jacket, hoodie, sweatpants, anything - is no longer mine. It is now my beloved feline overlord's chewtoy. I don't buy anything that has a plastic cap on the end now 'cause i don't want her accidentally ingesting plastic.

Cat drool and cat fur. That is just life now.

Oh, and my chair only has one armrest. I'm not allowed the other armrest. That too belongs to the cat now. If my arm is ever on her armrest she'll drape herself over my arm and still be on that armrest. That may sound cute but rip typing??

All hail cat, tyrant in tiny furball form.

I have 6 budgies ... in my living room ... so, my biggest sacrifice is to let them chirp and sing when I watch TV. Instead of hushing them all the time to be able to listen to the movies, I watch the movies with subs.
When 6 budgies decide to chat with the TV there's no way you hear what the actors are talking about. XD

I forgot what those were since we call them something else here in USA.

I have two guinea pigs. I don't really have to sacrifice much other than peace and quiet when they hear the fridge door open for any reason! They're pretty chill, all things considered.

Well...we just sacrificed a couch for the little bugger of a rabbit.

Mainly 'cause he made us after he dug into it and had fun tearing up the stuffing.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a sacrifice but I have gone to the shop much earlier than I would normally do to buy pet food!

Mainly money for quality food, and also my body since I am basically just a human cat tree at this point.

I get up in the middle of the night when my adopted cat wakes me for food. It was tough in the beginning, but I fall asleep instantly afterward these days. At least I've managed to train him, so he cuddles me to wake me up instead of screaming like he used to do.

Sleep. Lots and lots of sleep! I have a puppy, and she's HUGE! She requires so much attention and care, and I can't resist her puppy eyes or her whimpers! She's a rescue, and she has a fear of abandonment, so I'm trying my best to help her move past that trauma, but it's exhausting to hear her screaming for me at night ;~; while I DO miss getting a full night's sleep, I do not regret sacrificing it to be with her when she's feeling anxious or scared!

Back
Top Bottom