Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Poké Social

Galisenae

Planetoid
Ahoy there Pokéfans and Pokéfreaks!
Today i would like to ask a rather simple question.
One i have been thinking about for approximately a year or so.
But since the end of last month, it has been clawing at the front of my mind.
So the question that i have been asking myself, and of which i now ask all of you, is:

~ Why no Pokémon Social?! ~
I suppose i should clarify!
Where did all the other charaters go?
What have they been up to all these years?
Why do they never seem to pop up in mainline games?
Does anyone wonder how Bianca, Cheryl, Blaine or Jasmine are doing?
Does anyone even remember Kris at all? Well i most certainly do, and i want to know!
But what is a "Poké Social" exactly? Well, i just made it up! So yo put it simply, it's a side event!
Imagine for a moment the Café found in the Survival Area of Sinnoh, or the Fighting Dojo in the postgame of Johto.
A place where seemingly random trainers pop up and do/say whatever they damn well please! A little social club, if you will.

So now i get to the meat of the question!

What would yours be like?
Who would you choose to include?
Which sort of theme would you construct?
Where would it be and how would one encounter it?

As for myself, i had bounced a number of ideas about.
An amusment park featuring Electric personalites where wills of Steel go head to head?
Maybe a treehouse hiding an array of Fruity passions and Red Hot tempers?
But ultimately i have to choose one and only one, and to these i say nay!
Instead i think i would go with something far simpler.
More down to earth, but far from humble!

A hard rock'in place hosted in the husk of an old subway station, found in the regions capital city, down a long set of stairs between two tall buildings, which would be closed off until the Post Game, only being hinted at thereafter, entirely up to you to find. It would be the domain of our resident Poison-type Punk, Roxie! She would of course be strumming that guitar of hers the entire time. Perhaps Marine or Fantina would grace us with thier vocals. Maybe Elesa or Lusamine would lend the place a little extra class. Who knows what one might find from day to day! Some challengers? Some gifts? Some helpful tips? Some veiled threats from shadowy figures? Maybe Roxie has a few remixed songs that she'd like to share, inspired from those she has met or places she has been in these past years? That would be my ideal Poké Social for the coming Gen9, whenever that should be!

What might yours be, prey tell?

Back
Top Bottom