Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

BBCode Tables Question

Rex.

𝘀𝗹𝗮𝗺 𝗳𝗮𝗻
Supporter
We have some pretty smart and talented folks in the forum, and I'm hoping some of you might be able to assist.

Per the title, I have a BBCode question related to tables. I've seen the table entry in the general BBCode page and generally understand how it functions. My question relates to how to modify different aspect of the table if it's even possible. For instance:

1. How can you make the "lines" of the table disappear?
2. How can you control the width of the columns?
3. How can you "center" a table on a page? Can you center the table but not the information within?

Any sort of insight would be deeply appreciated. Thank you!

1. How can you make the "lines" of the table disappear?

As far as I know, you cannot remove table borders with BBcode on BMR.

2. How can you control the width of the columns?

3. How can you "center" a table on a page? Can you center the table but not the information within?

Do you mean like this?

>> See how I can change the width of this column with how long
I make my text on each side? This is how you widen or shorten
your columns. Images work too.
content goes here​

After filling this to your desired width, you make
it disappear with opacity [opacity=0]text here[/opacity]

Check out @Fruit 's example here. Using the opacity code, you can adjust the width of your columns by blocking out space with transparency. Tables themselves cannot formally be aligned in BBcode, just manipulated. Our Design Team demonstrates a few different ways to do it in that thread, actually.

Explanation
>> See how I can change the width of this
column with how long I make my text on
each side? This is how you widen or shorten
content goes here
After filling this to your desired width, you make it disappear with opacity [opacity=0]text here[/opacity]

↓​

[OPACITY=0][SIZE=2]>> See how I can change the width of this column with how long I make my text on each side? This is how you widen or shorten your columns. Images work too.[/SIZE][/OPACITY]
content goes here
[OPACITY=0] [SIZE=2]After filling this to your desired width, you make it disappear with opacity [opacity=0]text here[/opacity][/SIZE][/OPACITY]

↓​

>> See how I can change the width of this
column with how long I make my text on
each side? This is how you widen or shorten
content goes here

After filling this to your desired width, you make it disappear with opacity [opacity=0]text here[/opacity]

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thank you for you assistance, @Retrojapan

Yes, you've answered my questions which seem to be a confirmation of my uneducated suspicions. I had found a related thread on manipulating the properties of fieldsets and wondered if tables had similar, modifiable attributes. The general BBCode page contains a solid list of the basics but I'm always curious about how to tweak things. I'm not as versed as I'd like in the esoteric arts of specific code for formatting.

Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom