Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Changes for ignore function

OneThingToAnother

The Unsundered
A few days ago I asked a question about the ignore function and was told I can't see the other person's posts anymore, but they can see mine.

Would it not be a good idea to make it that both parties can't see the other's posts anymore? It seems to have ko use for them to see my stuff if I block them, and it's a bit uncomfortable to think about actually

Yeah - if you use the Ignore feature, you can't see them (unless you choose to see their content) but they can still see you.

I don't know if the person being ignored is immediately aware that they're being ignored, but they'll probably figure it out at some point.

I agree there is some merit in the Ignore feature being a bi-directional thing, though, with only the person initiating the Ignore state having the ability to remove/end it.

Yeah - if you use the Ignore feature, you can't see them (unless you choose to see their content) but they can still see you.

I don't know if the person being ignored is immediately aware that they're being ignored, but they'll probably figure it out at some point.

I agree there is some merit in the Ignore feature being a bi-directional thing, though, with only the person initiating the Ignore state having the ability to remove/end it.
I feel it's a bit strange to be able to ignore someone, but still let them see your content.

I actually agree with this sentiment. I don't know if the site can support it coding-wise, but a true Block would be very nice.

Just want to be as transparent as possible, we are looking into seeing if this is even possible - the techy back end stuff confuses me to hell and back, so I can’t explain much atm. Just know we are definitely hearing this!
thank you!

So the consensus is that this is something that would take pretty hefty technical work. We aren’t saying “we don’t want to do this” because we do, but it is more of a “this will likely take some time for Vekseid to put together” kind of thing.

It is certainly on the radar, though - so thank you for bringing this to us and please feel free to continue letting us know what might improve the site experience!
Thank you so much! I do understand it's a hard thing to code in, which is why I was a bit uncertain if it was possible, but I'm really happy it's been taken to heart ♥

Would it be possible to put out a notification or something when this goes through? ^^

We do try to put out notifications when site functions change, so more than likely yes, I just can’t say for sure as I’m not sure when it will happen, I hope that’s alright!
perfectly fine! as I said I understand it's not an easy thing to do so I'll be patient ♥

Back
Top Bottom