Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Silver Ships of Andilar - Traveller - OOC

Nihilistic_Impact

Brigadista
Supporter
Silver Ships of Andilar.jpg
Really must say the formatting on Blue Moon has gotten so much better over the years.

Suppose I should cross threads a little.

Character/NPC Profiles go here.

IC Posts go here. [not there yet]

We'll move discussion here, and if this will be a good place for posting dice rolls, if you feel like it or need to request one from me. Does Blue Moon have a dice roller any more? I remember chat having a d6 at one point.

So do I, I also tend to use this dice bot. Not to mention the physical dice in dice tray not too far from where I sit.

As for your question on the ship, where you referring to the one captained by Luce Nelson the 600ton subsidized liner Porfiria's Solace?

tumblr_pdr7o6oVRV1uxfkl5o1_1280.jpg

Or whatever you could acquire?

Well my last post answered part of that; you can get a ship like a millennium falcon. Closest thing would be a free trader by the rule book.

As for the normandy, that one is a little harder because it's got stealth technology. Perhaps you can find something eventually; but not off the shelf.

I don't know the Tempest. Only just started playing mass effect last weekend; but the Normandy is talked as having stealth and speed to spare.

@Nihilistic_Impact

Can you specify how you want dice rolls to be handled? This thread will be where die rolls can be posted .. do you require screen shots for verification or are you going to trust us that what we post is accurate? I've hung out with some real hard-ass GMs when it comes to rolls, so wanted to know what you expected.

And, will there be a protocol for when you want us to roll for something in particular? Where should we expect you to ask for rolls?

I am trusting you to post your results. I do not need screen shots/images.

Most likely dice rolls will be called for in the IC thread. Typically you will be able to automatically succeed at tasks, I will do my best to only call for rolls when you are in danger or time is an issue.

Got it -- things seem to be shaping up nicely here.

FYI, if you are ever in need of Sci-Fi visuals, I can find a way to share my treasure trove of images.

Hey, @captain_bond .

I was thinking we should consider our backstories and whether (or to what degree) our characters know one another.

Logistically, my agent would have use for someone with Scout or Survey Corp experience. Maybe they become tentative associated or operational partners? Idk, what do you think?

Hey Rex, your google link isn't working for me. You probably need to alter the permissions on who can view it.

Sorry about that!

I’ll look into it when I get home.

Hey, @captain_bond .

I was thinking we should consider our backstories and whether (or to what degree) our characters know one another.

Logistically, my agent would have use for someone with Scout or Survey Corp experience. Maybe they become tentative associated or operational partners? Idk, what do you think?
Sounds good. I am going to have to catch you later, because I am in a DnD voice chat session right now.

By the way, fixed the 'shared' settings; the Sci-Fi image link should work now.

She's working on making her profile, a little intimidated by what's already up there.

I need to get around to your questions still.

@Nihilistic_Impact

I need to comb through the rulebooks again and make last revisions to my gear ... but want to do that with enough time prior to beginning. Can I assume we won't be starting this weekend?

What latitude do we have in crafting our backstories? Should we draft up something and have you approve it?

Also, how closely will you be monitoring the weight-encumbrance issue for gear? I might want to quibble about some assigned weights.

Finally, Please convey to our new, fourth comrade that we're looking forward to her inclusion.

@captain_bond

Sounds good. I am going to have to catch you later, because I am in a DnD voice chat session right now.
Let's find time to coordinate backstories at some point. Had some ideas I hoped to pass by you. We can chat here or on discord, if you prefer.

@Ahlanna

We are naval siblings, it would seem. Let me know if you are interested in our character's backgrounds intersecting at all. It may be well enough that the could have heard (or ran into) one another at Academy. But, I suppose that begs the question of whether there's a single, Imperial academy for naval officers.

At any rate, let me know what you prefer.

Back
Top Bottom