Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Love & Futa

I've been living under a rock for the past few years, to say... I don't keep up with politics and social norms, therefore... I don't want to say anything misleading or upsetting. Especially posting things that don't belong. A person in the last RP group got upset with me over the matter of placing a request for a Futa on Male RP in the Gay request thread. It was a matter of being accuse of transphobia, saying men and trans women is straight sex. I meant no harm and found it strange since I was the one who wanted the Futa on Male request in the first place. Therefore, please please please!!! tell me what's what to avoid these situations.

It's a bit easier here.

You want to write as a Futa character and are seeking a FutaxMale story? Put your Request thread in the "Writing as Non-Binary" section, and let the Male characters come to you. :)

You want to write as a Male character and are seeking a MalexFuta story? Put your request thread in the "Writing as Male" section and let the Futa characters come to you.

And if someone tries to call you out as transphobic or whatever, report it to the staff and they'll follow it up.

Thank very much, I mean it... I love receiving and taking in good advice before an actual problem manifest. I'm an open-minded person who lives by the dude philosophy, but sometimes being the dude, well-meaning can get you into trouble if you don't know the rules.

Most folks here are open-minded enough to let you do you and they'll do them. Those that aren't so open-minded generally have the good grace to keep it to themselves. And if that fails the staff here are pretty good. :)

Welcome to BMR, too!

Usually the word ‘futa’ is for a female identifying character with a penis, so it wouldn’t be considered ‘gay’ because it’s a woman and a man, not two men! If it was two men, the character wouldn’t be a futa/female identifying. Futa is also a word that some people do find upsetting in the trans community, and shouldn’t be used as a way to refer to someone IRL(I’ll leave it at that so as not to get more convoluted in this post), so while you can be respectful and careful, it is perhaps confusing if you’re not used to the jargon, and it’s difficult to please everyone on a platform as massive as the internet!

Non-binary, like someone else suggested, is a very good thread to put your wants for that pairing in ^^ if you’re playing the futa. If you wanted to play the male, you’d put it in ‘requests by males’.

Welcome to BMR and I hope your time here is pleasant!

Usually the word ‘futa’ is for a female identifying character with a penis,

And here I was under the impression that the term futa referred to hermaphrodites with exaggerated body parts, while what you are describing would fall into the category transsexual, or the much less appropriate term shemale.

As others have said, the non-binary section is your best bet.

I would just spell out for people what you are or are not looking to write in your RT. Because as you probably know, the same word means different things to lots of different folks. I've seen folks insist on one word or the other, or even worse, tie in social-political connotations to light-hearted erp'ing. So you know, clarity is your best friend. I personally wrote an entire disclaimer section in my RT (with pretty colors to ease the blow!) to weed-out 90% of the questions.

And here I was under the impression that the term futa referred to hermaphrodites with exaggerated body parts, while what you are describing would fall into the category transsexual, or the much less appropriate term shemale.
I think you’re right, but in hentai, which is where I’m used to seeing it used, the character always identifies as female? Like the above post, others may think or feel it’s got a slightly different definition! I’m no expert

As others have said, the non-binary section is your best bet.

I would just spell out for people what you are or are not looking to write in your RT. Because as you probably know, the same word means different things to lots of different folks. I've seen folks insist on one word or the other, or even worse, tie in social-political connotations to light-hearted erp'ing. So you know, clarity is your best friend. I personally wrote an entire disclaimer section in my RT (with pretty colors to ease the blow!) to weed-out 90% of the questions.
^^^^ This.

As long as it's respectful you shouldn't worry about it, OP. I will also say the same thing as @ƒeral : that to me a character being a Futa is often just a matter of them having it, and nothing more. There is no way to explain why their body is built like that, it simply is and doesn't hold any sort of connotations unless they are plot-based or common in-universe.

Back
Top Bottom