Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion 'Select All' for Code

Andronica

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'entrate.
Unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious, can we have a 'select all' option to copy a code?

Hi Andronica,

I may be absolutely misunderstanding what you're attempting to ask, but you should be able to right click on any text, select the option "Select All" and then copy from there.

If that is a big miss on what you're asking, perhaps someone more code-fluent can come help. lol

Hey Pink!

When I click on text inside a code and right click to select all, it selects all the text on the page. So if I want to copy what's inside a code I need to right click and drag the whole thing to do a manual copy.

On another site I use, codes feature a 'select all' option beside it to easily grab all the text within. Hopefully that clears up my suggestion?

I don't know if that might be an issue on my end/user error, but I can't select only what's inside a code on any of my browsers or devices.

Do You mean like code that's in a

Code:
 box like this specifically?

This would definitely be a request for @Vekseid to look into.
Being able to just click inside the code box and have it select only what's inside would be useful for sure.

@Pink. I just now realized how vague "code" sounded when I'm trying to refer to the code bbcode. Not the inability to select text nested inside of any bbcode, like bold, spoiler, etc. Sorry darling. >.>

For reference, the select option I'd love to see implemented for code here:

1645405193380.png

Back
Top Bottom