Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Closed Seeking Heroic Male PC for Solo Long-Term Curse of Strahd Game (using Pathfinder 1e)

Closed - no longer seeking

soniaheat

Meteorite
Looking to get a Curse of Strahd game going and I'm looking for someone willing to play a Solo male PC for the part. The system used will be Pathfinder (I know it was DnD5e, but see below). You don't need any prior knowledge about the adventure or setting, and there will be more than a few surprises for veterans of the module as certain outside elements from the Pathfinder setting (Ustalav specifically if you're familiar) will be incorporated as well.

There will be certain caveats, so read well and be familiar with the below:

THE GAME

Here's all the technical goodies you need to be aware of:
  • This game will be Play by Post only. Not on Discord, not by PM.

• This game will use the 1e Pathfinder system. Whilst CoS is originally based in DnD 5e, the style of game encouraged by that system is more simpler and faster paced than I'm looking to do. Pathfinder has a whole set of stats and subsystems that I'm looking for a player to exploit and leverage for their advantage. If you think that's all too much, chances are this game won't be for you.

• Ideally, I'm looking for one post a day, or every other day. I'm patient enough to wait a whole week between posting if there's RL delays, but if you're going to take longer, I won't really recommend answering to this.

• Given the solo nature of the game, to give some versatility and power to the PC, we'll be using the Gestalt variant ruleset.

• The game will make use of rules from Horror Adventures, specifically Sanity and Corruption mechanics.

THE CAMPAIGN

The tone campaign/story is one of gothic horror, with a sprinkling of eldritch Lovecraftian horror, and Grimm-style fairy tales.
  • This will not be a slapdash story, with adventures tumbling on the heels of the previous ones. I want this to take place over a period of years (game time, but I'm in it for the long-term in RL as well) with the PC making a life for themselves in the setting, making a base of operations, building up a settlement, working relationships, etc...

• Cause and effect. I encourage players to think about the consequences of their actions. This is not a course of punishment (though it might be in some cases), but rather to encourage that you do have a fairly big impact on the location in which you're working in. Amongst various things: deciding on the greater good; choosing between the lesser of two evils; when/if to get your dick wet; risk vs. reward.

• The environment will be as much an opponent as will be the various foes that cross your path. STDs may also be a thing for the incautious, or unprepared.

• The setting lacks active industry and it might be useful to be able to Craft goods from time to time.

THE PLAYER

As stated, I'm looking for a male PC. Now, at the risk of stifling creativity, here are some things I'm really looking for:
  • For the most part, I'm expecting straight/heterosexual PCs and Players to answer the call, which is absolutely fine. Ideally, I'm looking for a heterosexual PC played by a bi/pansexual Player who enjoys doing slow buildup orientation-play over the course of the campaign, usually as the top-partner though I'm not averse to him bottoming on occasion. I won't say no to a straight hetero PC if that's what's on offer, but be aware that you're at the back of the queue if someone offers the latter option.

• Secondly, I'm looking for a heroic PC - heroic as in they intend to leave the world a better place than when they entered it; a path that is neither easy nor evident when there are conflicts of interest. On the flip side, I'm not looking for a jaded and/or stoic characters. In parallel, antiheroes and 'bad boys' need not apply. Also, this is Dark Fantasy and your PC should not be indifferent to the horrors and tragedies around them. Now, this brings us to...

• I'd like the PC to be at an age range of 18 to early 20s, with something of that shy/naïve boy-next-door appeal who may be walking the razor line between bashful overcautiousness and raging hormones - every so often, you get in trouble/situations because you were thinking with your loins, but not so often that it becomes tedious. If I'm to spell it out bluntly, think Link from the Legend of Zelda series, especially as his incarnation in Twilight Princess. But more talkative. And with a libido instead of sexual cluelessness.

• When making a post, a simple explanation of actions taken is not enough. Essentially, I'm here to read the story of your PC; actions, thoughts, feelings, atmosphere, mental distresses, moral conundrums, plans for the future, reminiscing about the past... these are but a few things I expect to see over the course of your posting. On a similar account, given the sandbox nature of the game, you need to be one who plans out action rather than waiting for me to throw adventure and missions your way (which will only happen infrequently).

• The Prompt: You come from a medieval-esque world - magic is limited to simple (and jealously guarded) advancements in (true) alchemy and the most dangerous threats are dire animals and your fellow man. The world is otherwise very much like Earth during the early middle ages, nitty gritty - no elves, dwarves, and other typical fantasy trappings.

When the story starts, you'll be the sole remaining survivor of a community that was attacked in a night raid by some unknown (but monstrous) creatures. A lot of people died, and those who did not - some of your family included - have been carried off into the night. Despite being alone and frightened, you've no intention of leaving them to some horrid fate even if the likelihood of you surviving a rescue attempt is low.

APPLYING

Assuming you're still there, here are the build guidelines for making a PC.
  • Race: Human. Please make your faceclaim choices for your PC from this (SFW) selection.

• Classes: Slayer as your base class, plus one of the below as your secondary gestalt:
    Alchemist, Arcanist, Investigator, Magus, Occultist, Witch, Wizard

• Level: 1st.

• Alignment: Lawful Good or Neutral Good.

• Hit Points: Maximum + Con modifier at 1st level. 7 + Con modifier at every level thereafter.

• Ability Scores: You have an array of 18, 16, 15, 15, 14, 13 to distribute among your ability scores.

• Starting Traits: 2. Or 3 if 1 flaw (subject to approval) is taken.

• Starting Equipment: You start off with 175 gp worth of equipment that you scavenged from your destroyed village before setting off. Wealth is not retained and anything not spent on equipment is lost.
Once you've got an idea of what you want, PM me the details, including a write up of his background from before the attack and a little about his personality. You'd also be advised to look over my Ons & Offs and let me know what works for you and what doesn't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom