Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Puppy Love (Idlewyld x WaveVelour)

Idlewyld

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
It was a blisteringly hot June day, and the garage was like an oven. Mina Willston-Wu wiped the sweat off her brow, pulled the White Killers T-Shirt from her jean shorts to shake them out and wipe her black plastic frame glasses, rubbed her hands together and got back to work. It was only her first day back from Princeton, but there was always work to do back home, and if the parents asked for help, she gave it. There would be time for fun over the next three months, and she was never one to procrastinate. The task at hand, however, would have given Hercules pause - the garage was her own personal Augean Stables, and in place of horse muck was years and years of memories used up and discarded by Mina, her parents and her little sister Gina over the years.

They had passed quickly. It only seemed like yesterday that they had just moved in. Once, so long ago, she and the girl next door, Haley Larousse were as thick as thieves. But first high school, and then college got in the way, Now they still spoke and were friendly, but the gulf between them had silently spread. It was sad when she thought about it. Maybe she'd do something about it. Maybe not. She figured at least she'd drop by and say hi. Maybe bake some cookies. Not like the old ones of course... God... that memory. Come to think of it, that might have been the original wedge between them. But that was water under the bridge, right?

And for now, Mina could put those thoughts aside, because for now the big question was what was she to do with the piles and piles of useless detritus that made up her life and that of her family which threatened to become the featured player on an upcoming episode of Hoarders? She looked back up at the wall menacing her and sighed.

Compared to the rather active student life she had temporarily abandoned a week prior, things had been rather quiet lately. Eventless, for the most part. That was the point, though. The reason Haley wanted to spend a small part of the summer holiday in her parents' house. It was a small town for an adventurous gal. Not an incredibly promising place to venture into anything awfully wild and excitingly new, but certainly a good one to have some leisurely time. It was something Haley thought she needed after breaking up with her boyfriend. Perhaps, until the fate itself would let her come upon someone new who would like to run his fingers through her golden strands. On the other hand, she had never been a woman who left things to fate.

During an aimless walk she had taken in the neighbourhood, a friend from high school had insisted he show her what had changed throughout the year in her hometown. All the while her charming hips occupied the passenger seat of his new car. Wind coming from the lowered window made her high ponytail dance as Haley looked out. "Yeah? Was it good then?" She tried to act as if she was interested in this new film the young man was in the process of elaborating on. A seemingly good film that had just come out, the mention of the renovated cinema, and a mealy-mouthed desire to know what she would be doing for the next couple of days: tell-tale signs of a guy who wanted to ask her out. Thankfully, they were about to arrive her home. And they did.

"That was the place, right?" Her kindly driver pulled over. It was close, but it wasn't necessarily the right house.

"No, that's-" Haley found herself looking at the house next-door, able to make out a familiar figure through the raised garage door. Apparently, Mina had also returned. They used to be very close friends. And they still were, she supposed. To a degree. And not quite close. It was difficult to pinpoint the exact time they had begun to drift apart. They hadn't necessarily had a heated quarrel, or had something that needed to be patched up. Different tastes, different ambitions, she suspected, just setting them on different paths. For a reason she couldn't exactly explain, Haley felt sad for the girl. Unassumingly running some mundane errands in the garage, all lonely, and devoid of a helping hand.

"Thank you, Scott." Feeling a bit thoughtful, the blonde got out of the vehicle. Since she wasn't interested in establishing a new relationship, going on a hot date wasn't necessarily something she was looking forward to. Having been a bit sentimental lately though, Haley also didn't want to make him feel awkward or upset. "You know my number." She offered a smile. "Don't need rely on randomly coming across me if you want to talk." With that, she turned around, heading home. Not hers, however.

Given the firm manner her jeans hugged her hips, she probably gave him something nice to admire before he eventually rode off. In comparison, the white top that wrapped her upper body was loose, although still hinting at the particular roundness of the bits it covered. Her trainers muffling her footsteps, she approached her dear friend from behind, who seemed to be busy staring at stacks of clutter in her garage. Her chest pressed against the girl's back, as her hands ran around to cover Mina's eyes. "Guess who?!" Rather energetically, Haley asked.

For a moment, Mina couldn't quite place the voice. Then the gears turned, giving way to surprise and delight. "Haley!" The girl's raven-hair flew into disarray and she nearly lost her round spectacles as she quickly pivoted and enveloped her old friend in a hug. "It's been a while hasn't it?" And just like that, things were awkward again. She pulled away, slowly. It seemed like so long ago. Haley was always the wild one, up for adventure, popular wherever she went, inarguably attractive, a hit with the boys, the girls, whoever happened to be around. Mina was quieter, more introspective, Their drift away from each other seemed almost preordained.

But Haley was here now. And Mina appreciated her choice to take the first step to repair their relationship. It meant something. Maybe they'd never get back to who they were so many years ago. But they were kids then. For now, Mina could smile and appreciate, and do her part to restore what was broken - something that had been precious to her when they were small was worth the effort to try saving. "Well... you look as fit as ever. How has life been treating you?" She pulled up a couple of boxes to serve as impromptu chairs. No doubt the real things were somewhere in here, but it would have been rude to keep digging through the vast jungle of trash and leave her friend hanging. They were still friends, weren't they? Things hadn't descended to the point where they were just acquaintances. That would be sad.

"Me, well," she looked around and smiled not so much coyly as apologetically, "I promised to help and you know me. First day back and here I am knee deep in boxes." She shrugged as she sat. "Family..." came the final word of explanation, followed by, "Oh, yes. How's yours? I mean... they're next door but, you know, I've been away and so we haven't quite kept in touch like we should." She blushed a little as the awkwardness came back. "It's good you came."

The spontaneous hug she found herself squeezed in hinted that she was indeed missed by her childhood friend. A hearty giggle followed Mina's rather friendly greeting. It made her a bit upset too, that she shouldn't have waited that long to give her friend a reason to hug her. Although it had been suffering from an unintentional divergence lately, their friendship had been a cute one. Like them, really. Admittedly, there had been moments when they had explored things that weren't necessarily fluffy, but curious and somewhat questionable. A game of sorts, that had started as a joke, but evolved to something unconventionally quirky. Secret little occasions someone like Mina probably wouldn't tell her parents about. Those happened a long time ago, though.

Upon being released from her friend's arms, Haley spun around. Thrusting her hips to one side, she did a little pose. She was still quite susceptible to casually paid compliments, like she had always been. It was highly doubtful the twenty-year-old blonde would get any taller than she was. And she indeed made sure she didn't get wider either. "You look quite splendid yourself, babe." Her bubbly nature shone out. Thankfully, Mina didn't seem unhappy about being hindered from doing chores. And Haley trusted her little visit should be more intriguing than moving things around in the garage.

"Oh, they're sound." While her friend was seemingly busy helping her parents, she talked about hers. "Mum is terrorizing kids, as usual." Haley mentioned her dentist mother. "Dad…" During a brief pause, her eyes didn't complement the smile on her lips for a moment. "He's at sea again, it seems." As a cargo ship captain, it was rather common for him to spend months away from home. Oddly, her mother didn't seem quite upset about that anymore. Perhaps since her daughter was home?

Unlike the young brunette who opted to sit on a random box, Haley remained standing. The advantage of having such an outgoing, dynamic friend was to know that she wouldn't shy away from paying this type of surprise visits. The disadvantage of it being that one could never be certain when she might Wave goodbye as abruptly to do something else. In this case, leaving so quickly could potentially damage their relationship more. One would argue that having a slowly dying friendship was worse than having a quarrel.

"I should've come earlier, shouldn't I?" Sighing, Haley tried to reflect that. "Mina, look…" Intended to offer an explanation, she decided to have a seat herself. "Have no idea why, but-" As soon as her bottom rested on the box though, the lid collapsed inwards. Apparently, it was no match for the might of the blonde's butt. "Eee!" It fell on the bottom of the box, while her feet rose up, legs dangling over the edge. At the bottom, she could feel a ring-shaped object pressing against her cheeks. And a more solid-feeling loop poking her from below. "Heey…" Haley extended an arm out. "Help me up!"

After taking the compliment mostly in stride, talk went to families. "What is it about our parents, right?" Her parents were quite the pair and difficult to deal with sometimes. But they were together; she remembered how hard Haley took her father's absences in the past, and Mina did her best to give a sympathetic tap on the shoulder and a supportive glance when her erstwhile friend showed clear signs of distress. It made her feel worse about letting things slide as she had. She could have been a better friend.

And the issue came up. She smiled weakly. "I can't blame you. I could have come seen you just as easily. Let's just not let it happen again, OK?" It was an offer and a promise, one she'd fight to keep this time. How to do it though? The summer would give them time to patch things up - they were both clearly willing. But what about fall when they went their separate ways back to their campuses? Mina steeled her jaw in resolve. She'd think of something.

But she didn't have long to think because that was when Haley took her tumble. "Of course," Mina responded as she pulled the girl up into close proximity. And there, under her, could it be?

"No way..." Mina bent down and picked up the object, examining the purple dog collar carefully and then showing it to Haley. "What do you know? My parents told me they had a dog before they had me. A border collie if I remember correctly. I think it died in an accident so they don't talk about it much."

Well, that was sad. But it didn't have to be.

"Hey, Haley," Mina suddenly asked, doing her best to brighten up. "This doesn't just have to be an end. It can be a beginning. Or maybe more like a continuation." She handed the collar over to Haley. "Take it. It can be a symbol, you know, of our promise to do better, you know, keep connected from now on." She gave a hesitant smile and put a hand on the blonde's shoulder. "What do you think?"

Last edited:
Considering the time spent keeping fit, it would have been quite annoying to think that there were still more curves she needed to trim off. Being stuck in a box might have roused such uncalled feeling. Thankfully, her deer friend acted quickly, preventing the escalation of such thoughts. Her trainers back on the floor, and her butt out of the box, she offered her friend a nod of appreciation, all the while not holding back a giggle of amusement. After all, it was a funny moment. Hopefully, they would continue having those little moments, instead of going through the doubt of what separated them in the first place.

Being a coy, and a bit self-centric gal, Haley had no immediate concern about the state of the box she had just crash-landed into. Or what she might have crushed with her shapely bottom during her short-lived time in that apparently Haley-size container. Thankfully, the object in question, or accessory rather, was hardly damaged, as Mia was about to confirm. "You're lucky we're friends." Taking advantage of the situation, she found an excuse to varify that they were indeed still friends. "I could've sued your parents for this bum-hazard in their garage."

Learning about a passed family member was always sad. No matter when or how it happened. Since the unfortunate death of that furry companion seemed to have occurred before their daughter was born, haphazard resurfacing of this distant relic of the past didn't appear to make Mina quite sentimental. "I'm sorry, Mina." The young blonde expressed her sympathy all the same. But, she herself wouldn't be awfully sorrowful about it either.

For a collar, it looked quite fashionable. Vibrant, flashy, and a bit fluffy. Well, it could have been pink, but purple was quite a pretty colour too. "Little fella must be really distinguished." It even had a bow tie. Since there weren't any memories for the object to bring back, she figured Mina just didn't quite know what to do with it, as the girl opted to hand it to her. Neither she, nor her family owned a dog. Thus, it wasn't really dogs what came to her mind whenever she held a collar.

Rotating it about, Haley inspected the accessory a bit more. Her eyes returned to her friend though, when Mina began to suggest that she wanted her to keep it. Given the girl must have learnt by that point that she adored ornate items such as this one, it was probably just an innocent gift. Only, Haley happened to be a not so innocent lady. "Huh?" One corner of her mouth slightly shifted. "You're… giving your… best friend…" With exaggeratedly accentuated words, she continued. "…a dog collar?" Fingers tightening on the purple object, she put the same hand on her hip. "It's one way to have a bond, I guess." Haley remarked. After a bit of a pause, she added. "How do you know it'd fit me, though?"

Mina couldn't help but smile. First the word friend and then the words best friend had returned to their vocabulary, and with an ease that surprised her, yet also warmed her heart. "I guess a dog collar is kind of a weird gift, isn't it?" She shrugged. "I guess that makes us kind of weird. Nothing wrong with that." And then came the bombshell. "Fit?" Mina's brains struggled to make sense of Haley's words. "I mean I didn't... that wasn't the..." Her blush crept up from the collar of her shirt, up through her neck, around her chin, over her cheeks, and burned its way up to the top of her head.

Then she giggled again. Haley was messing with her. She almost forgot how much her friend liked to do that. Her friend. And how often she fell for it. Well, two could play at that game. "Well, you know, a graceful shapely neck like yours, I'm sure that something like this would be sure to fit. Besides, it's an adjustable collar." Mina took the flashy purple item from Haley's hand and fidgeted around with it a bit, holding it at different angles as she closed one eye, and used the thumb on her free hand to line up with open eye and Haley's neck, much as if she were making a spot measurement. "Hmm... I think it should work..."

Mina glided forward, with only one nerve-related stumble, and then they were in close quarters. She held the collar to Haley's neck, slipping it around while not quite reaching the threshold of slipping it on. With a few nods, she looked her playful bon vivant of a friend in the eye and giggled. "Yes, I think it will fit. And you would look just darling in it, dearest Haley." With that Mina allowed a triumphant smirk to cross her face.

Being rather blatant and the opposite of timid could stir all kinds of feelings in people she spoke with. Could rip many emotions. Frowns, chuckles, raised brows, tsk's, and smiles. Or in this case, a flushed face. One would think the girl who had just received a dog collar as a gift should be the one embarrassed. Apparently, it was the gift giver who felt somewhat bashful. Tell-tale signs of roused timidity was all over Mina. It was rather cute. She didn't feel bad about potentially making her friend a bit uncomfortable, though. Since the girl was bold enough to give such a questionable present, she also had to be ready to face the wittiness of Haley.

"Yeah, my super weird friend." Playing along, the blonde let out a chuckle. "Who would have thought you were so possessive." Haley suggested. That particular trait she jokingly charged the girl with also happened to be one she sought in her boyfriends. And could probably be traced back to her rather poor relationship with her father, who was barely around in her childhood. Or adulthood for that matter. Regardless, Haley actually didn't believe her friend actually had any kinky intentions while giving her that thing. Probably, just an innocent gesture of hospitality, about which she should have really thought more before gifting. On the other hand, the fact that she was pressing on via this little artist act hinted that Mina did enjoy toying with the idea to some degree.

Confident of her charm, and guilty of immodesty, Haley believed a girl such as her indeed deserved both a thumbs up and a wink, even though that wasn't quite what Mina was doing. While the little artist did some evaluation, the bubbly blonde didn't fail to pose for the girl. One had in her hair, the other stretching the hem of her white top down. And if they had been closer—closer in a different manner—she would have done something with that thumb Mina held up as well.

Upon the somewhat intimate approach of the young brunette, she kept both of her hands at the back of her head, lifting her golden ponytail up to exposed her neck a tad more. "Should work, huh?" With that alluring brunette drawn rather close to her, and in the process of putting a collar on her neck, or teasing to do so rather, interestingness of this spontaneous occasion had been improved rather greatly. "It would match too." Haley implied, although failed to mention what might match.

As the girl made sure that the idea of collaring her best friend was just teased and not realised, the dynamic blonde hurriedly stepped back. "Many tried." A challenging smile widened her lips. "All failed." Haley claimed. Playing hard-to-get happened to be something she adored, after all. One of her hands was pulled back. Not to grope herself on the butt, but to pull her phone out of the back pocket. The caller ID displayed a guy's name. The one who had offered her a ride around the town. Apparently, he didn't take long to recall what she had said about her phone number. Sadly, the button on the side was used to silence the call rather swiftly. "Hm, I'll need an excuse not to go to the cinema this evening." Her eyes were on Mina, revealing where she searched that excuse.

It was suddenly a little warm here in the garage. Perhaps it was that pose - it was reminiscent of all of those mid-century pinups soldiers carried around for the war. Mina had no doubt that her friend would make a great pinup model - it was her own body she had more doubts about. And yet Haley had already effectively teased her into this flirty tit-for-tat, and suddenly she was wondering where the two of them might go with this next.

When Haley moved away from her hand, it was a bit of a relief. And yet, Mina found it was a bit of a disappointment too. Though when she thought about it, she didn't really quite know what she'd do if she managed to fasten the collar on Haley's neck. Yes, many have tried and failed. What if she succeeded? What did that mean? Would Haley be "hers"? Did it mark them as something more than just friends? Did it mean that she and Haley were part of the "collar" crowd now?

And then the phone rang.

Of course the phone rang. Haley was popular when they were kids. She was even more popular when they were teens. Adjusting for time, it only made sense that she was even more popular now. That wasn't the surprise. Nor was the fact that Haley didn't pick up; she could have her pick of available escorts for the evening. But that Mina's excuse might be... her? That was a surprise. A little one. They were friends again, that was for sure. It was only natural to want to follow up. And so Mina made her decision.

"Well... if you need someone to have previous plans with... I'm just going to be hanging out at home tonight. It's Friday, so that's date night for mom and dad. And I think Gina's planning on doing something with friends. So it would be nice to have someone to talk to tonight..." Suddenly, it was Mina posing, with her hands folded behind her back, rocking back and forth on her heels. "Would you like to come over and keep me company? You know... so you don't have to deal with that guy..." Suddenly Mina was glad her hands were behind her back, because even though Haley had given an obvious hint, it hid the fact that they were still shaking.

It seemed her friend's state of bashfulness was there to stay. If it wasn't an instinctive act of goodwill, the poor gal must have needed to summon quite a bit of courage to offer her a dog collar. One party being more sensible and somewhat shy could be healthy for a relationship, though. And witnessing the effects of her influence over others had always been something Haley adored anyway. No need to mention that Mina was a rather cute gal, who admittedly looked a tad more adorable when she sported a pair of reddened cheeks. Funnily, her ex used to think something similar about Haley. In her case though, that was a different pair of cheeks, which sadly hadn't prevented the couple from breaking up. In return making Haley fear that she might not be involved in a serious relationship.

A sincere giggle followed her friend's words. Hearing about these presumably consistent date nights Mina's parents regularly enjoyed really lifted her spirits. Probably since it made her hopeful that some relationships could last without losing that magical spark. "Oh, that's so adorable." Although Mina must have been used to these Friday dates, and might not think much of it, it was quite interesting for her blonde counterpart. Inevitably, she tried to recall the last time her dad and mum shared a romantic moment. And she had to think for a while.

While some people thought that her understanding of having a fun night was just dancing at a nightclub, that wasn't correct. Something as simple as hanging out with a friend at home could be rather intriguing for her too, depending on the friend. "That'll be a good excuse Mina, thank you." Haley nodded, appreciating the invitation.

After stealing another glance at her phone, she shoved it back into her back pocket. Probably, that was the closest that Scott guy would ever get to her butt. "How do you know that was a guy, though?" Along with a squint, she flashed a little smile at the girl. After all, Mina had already proved to be a bit susceptible to these little "how do you know" questions.

It was true they had an interesting moment. But that sadly didn't mean Haley was interested in doing some chores in her neighbour's garage, unsurprisingly. "Later then." Stepping backwards for a while, Haley disappeared. "Oh…" Till she felt the need to return for a brief moment. "Gina wouldn't have stood a chance, anyway."

A few hours later, Haley was once again ready to pay her friend a visit. This time, a planned one. And thankfully not through the garage. Instead, she stood at the front door, announcing her arrival with a couple of knocks. Nails painted purple complemented violet eyeshadow. As usual, she was casually dressed. The white T-shirt she donned was somewhat loose on her form. The dark pair of joggers that clad her lower body, however, was not.

"How do you know it was a guy," got Mina red yet again. "Uh... not that... I... you always..." It took a second to register that Haley was hinting that it could have been a girl which got her even redder. And the later parting shot about Gina got a raised eyebrow too.

Mom and Dad were off on date night. From the way they were lovey-doveying it, Mina could bet that it would end up in a hotel room. It wasn't hard to convince Gina to go the sleepover route too. Odds were that her sister was up for more than just studying as well, but she could stay out of Gina's business as long as Gina stayed out of hers, so a silent truce was arranged. That achieved, Mina answered the door in a pink off the shoulder top, a pair of black mid-thigh length shorts, and a pair of sandals. It seemed to be hastily thrown on at the last moment, but the piles of clothes upstairs told a different story - one of countless outfits being assessed even as she told herself that this was all crazy. Haley was just coming around to hang out, right?

Right.

"Oh, hey. Glad you could make it." Mina did her best to sound as casual as possible, but wasn't all that successful. Her voice was half an octave higher than usual, and the smile, quite wide and quite genuine still managed more than a few quivers. And there was the smell of cookies in the oven. If Haley remembered anything about their friendship, and it seemed she remembered a lot, she'd know that Mina baked when she was nervous.

"Um, I guess we can sit on the couch and talk for a bit." She took one side, leaving it up to Haley where to position herself. And then the silence, which Mina broke with a chipper, "So, what has been going on in the life of Haley Larousse. Tell me about the latest string of exhilarating adventure and broken hearts." The tone was playful, but underneath just maybe, just maybe a little nervous tension.

Since they were neighbours, and close friends, this of course wasn't her first visit to Willstone mansion next door. She had been there before. And had perhaps wrongfully thought that her presence under this particular roof wouldn't cause her host to be anxious. However, a particular air of nervousness seemed to surround Mina the moment she showed up. She knew this girl rather well, hence it wasn't quite difficult to make out what kind of state of mood Mina was going through.

At first glance they seemed to have the whole house to themselves. And additional glances didn't change that notion. Apparently, neither her parents, nor her sister were there to accidentally hinder their alone-together time. They were nice people, but she wasn't there to see them either. Funnily, she had even forgotten the name that belonged to her friend's sister, which had resulted in she mistaking Gina for a new friend who had cancelled a certain plan with Mina.

The fact that the nice smell of biscuit that tickled her nostrils managed to overwhelm the floral scent that she herself spread meant her friend hadn't failed to bake some irresistible treats. As usual, really. Somehow, Haley managed to be the polite guest and didn't ask to have them then and there upon setting foot in the living room as she followed the lead of the half-bare legs that moved ahead of her. Quite nicely, those shorts of Mina matched the girl's raven hair. Perhaps her top was supposed to complement her friend's personality. A pleasant contrast for sure, easy on the eye.

One leg tucked under her, Haley had a seat on the sofa as well. Thankfully, without her butt diving into a hole this time. "Broken hearts, yeah." She sighed. It had been only a month or so since she had broken up with her boyfriend. "That fool…" By that point, her initial fury had turned to a bitter coctail of disappointment and self-doubt. "I was cheated on, can you believe that?" Leaning back, she tried to get comfortable. However, some unintentionally recalled memories made her rather restless. "With the girl who introduced us in the first place!" At least she still had a good friend to put her head on her shoulder. Someone who knew when to tell her what she needed to hear, and when to tell her what she wanted to hear.

With another sigh of despair, she opted to lay herself down a little. Mina's thighs became her comfy pillows as she rested her head on the girl's lap. Feet on the sofa, knees idly swayed from side to side. "You know those cliché romance flicks?" She looked up at Mina while she explained. "The silly boy is too blind to see that his childhood friend is his true love?" Although not sleepy, her eyes were half-closed. "Starts dating this dumb chick instead," Haley rolled her eyes, "only to end up with what he was meant to be together all along?!" Along with a grunt of frustration, she raised her hands to strangle the air. "Happy ending, right? Everyone's soo happy!" Her palms fell on her stomach. "Well, except for the dumb chick!" To relax a bit, she did this little breathing exercise she was told to do, her chest moving up and down.

"Who's that Gina gal, anyhow." The bitter blonde wanted to digress from the current topic. "A new friend?"

Mina knew when to comfort. And Haley's head felt quite comfy in her lap, like it was supposed to be there. She idly stroked Haley's blonde hair and commiserated. "I didn't think there'd be anyone stupid enough to cheat on you. I mean if I was your boyfriend, I'd never so much as look at another girl. I..." She suddenly stopped and considered what she had said, reddening considerably. And with the heavy addition of Haley's suggestion about best friends not realizing what was right in front of them, it was hard not to acknowledge. "Anyway, he's obviously an idiot."

The kitchen gave a ringing sound. Mina was literally saved by the bell. She slipped out, announcing, "Cookies!" and trotted into said kitchen to retrieve said cookies and compose herself. Returning with a full warm plate, she raised an eyebrow and addressed the last question with a bit of a sarcastic lilt. "You know? Gina? My sister? Seventeen? Gets everything she wants? Anyhoo, she isn't here, so we've got the run of the house."

Mina then placed the plate on the table in front of them and assumed her position on the couch. "Chocolate chip, the greatest of all cookies, and..." her smile now going just a hint of wicked as she pointed to two that were set apart from the others, "Maybe I... uh... augmented a couple with mom's... um... let's call them herbal supplements?" Nobody aware of the recent changes in the states cannabis laws could misinterpret that one. Mina gave another guilty smile at Haley, proudly announcing that she could be a bit of a bad girl too.

Since that was pretty much what best friends were for, Haley felt hardly bad about pouring her heart out to the girl, and potentially forming a moody atmosphere because of her effusion. As an expressive girl, she always required someone to converse with, instead of bottling her issues away. "Well, I feel like one tho." It was quite nice to have a supportive shoulder to put her head on. Or a lap, for that matter. "How could I be so blind?" She kept pushing on. "Makes me wonder what else I'm mis-" Rather softly, her head fell on the cushions when her deer friend decided it was time to stop being her comfy pillow. The rather abrupt retiring of Mina didn't make her happy.

"Heey!" From the living room, where her friend left her, Haley called out. "I was explaining you something!" Gladly, the girl didn't take long to return. Since she doubted Mina intended to sit on her face, the blonde wiggled her bum a little and slid along the sofa to make room for her host. Her legs ran over the armrest to hang down, feet idly swinging up and down. Talking about her issues somehow took away from her usual energetic nature, as she felt lazy and kept lying there. Turning her head, she inspected the freshly baked treats her friend had brought.

"Really Mina?" The blonde rolled her eyes. "You're leaving me like that for biscuits?" Despite her relatively quick return, Haley was still salty about the girl's haphazard trip to the kitchen. Lolling her head back allowed the fickle blonde to look up at Mina, and see that meaningful smile she had been flashing. "Ooh, is that funny?" She widened her eyes. "Me getting dumped like that?" Such impulsive behaviour was partly to blame for said dumping. To tell the truth, however, even if she had been the perfect woman, that relationship was doomed to crumble from the start. Like some of them were just destined to set off. Eventually.

"Anyway, I'm planning to stay single for a while after that." A sigh caused her chest to sink. Perhaps it indeed wasn't a bad idea to enjoy some jealousy-free single days. She could just lounge and indulge herself in sweets, without the worry of widening her hips. With one hand, she tried to reach for the coffee table. However, merely stretching her arm was not enough to steal a biscuit from the plate. "Alright, give me one then." Haley asked instead, not quite willing to compromise on her comfort. Following her statement, she kept her mouth open. Quite widely. A sight she was confident her ex would be missing.

"Watch out for your fingers, though." Gradually regaining her cheery qualities, she warned Mina. "Maybe you shouldn't use your fingers at all, really."

Mina was quick to apologize. She was always quick to apologize. "Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. But cookies... Cookies make everything better." She sat back down to make her piece offering, and was stunned to see that her friend was demanding to be fed. OK, maybe not so stunned. This was actually Haley's modus operandi. But Mina couldn't remember a time when she had been the direct object of these kinds of attentions. It was a little exciting, a little flattering, and a little scary too.

But two could play at that game. Mina Willston-Wu was never one to back away from a challenge. If Haley Larousse wanted a cookie, then by God Haley Larousse was going to get a cookie. "Watch my fingers, huh?" Mina's voice had taken something of a playful tone, lilting upwards at the end of the sentence, even as she daintily picked up one of the non-medicinal biscuits and slowly, deliberately placing one end beneath her teeth. Before she could ask herself what in hell she was doing, she leaned forward, brushing Haley's lips with the other end of the cookie, still soft with the chocolate half-melted, and exuding a tantalizing scent that could only come from cookies freshly removed from the oven. "Enjy yr trt." She was doing her best not to giggle, as one good chomp would break her tooth hold on the offering, and was doing her best not to run away, even as her nerve was beginning to fail her, as evidenced by her sudden shaking, which she managed to keep confined to her legs.

Just like the boy who had given her a ride earlier that day, most who fancied the idea of dating Haley liked to admire her charming visage and decent form, that they didn't spend enough time contemplating the antics they had to put up with if they indeed wished to enjoy this girl's company. Of all people, Mina should have known that better than anyone, since they were friends for such a long time. As much as this flashy blonde was rather entertaining to hang around with while she sported her usual cheery personality, she could also be quite a difficult young woman when in a moody state. Thankfully, such bitter moments didn't tend to last very long. Or rather, Haley had learnt how to bottle them up if needed.

Apart from her current mood, her unintentional selfishness was another aspect that required some improvement. She had been too busy elaborating on her current issues, that she hadn't even asked how her friend had been lately. "So, how about you Mina?" To change that, Haley questioned. "Any dearly or sour love stories?" Curious about the recent developments in her friend's life, the blonde continued. Given the biscuit jutting out of the girl's mouth, she didn't expect to have an immediate response. Apparently, Mina didn't mind humouring her little wish, which was of course about sharing a friendly little kiss. For someone like Haley, that was quite normal. Rather cute. Still, it admittedly was a surprise to see that Mina was seemingly ready to do it.

The fact that her friend was able to hold it in her mouth meant the biscuits should be cool enough to munch. When one of them approached her mouth in an unconventional manner, Haley parted her lips again. Waiting to be fed, so to speak, she closed her eyes too. Her teeth soon clamped down on the treat. And her lips pressed against Mina's. The little head bob she did to bite off her share of the dry cake rubbed her lips onto her friend's. And she could feel a spark she had thought to be unlikely. That was her best friend, after all. Neither of them had really expressed anything to hint that such a relationship might be possible. Perhaps it was.

When she eventually got her half in her mouth, Haley began to chew. That didn't stop her from talking, however. "Mm, quite sweet." She shared her thoughts. "Rather tender, alright." Granted, crunchy biscuits would be more favourable, but she wasn't really talking about them anyway. Putting her feet down, she pulled herself up. And stood up from the sofa as well. "OK. It's your turn." Her turn to be served a treat. "You want to lie down, or keep sitting?" She offered a pair of options, both could let the blonde realise a different overly friendly position.

Mina thought Haley would pull away at the last moment. Or that she would. Neither happened. They kissed. Kissed! KISSED! It was just an accidental thing, naturally, but still there was no denying it. Their lips had touched, and she had the crumbs on the corners of her mouth to prove it. And truth be told, she kind of liked it.

"I can sit," Mina replied, but she sat closer now. They had been pretty close before for that matter, but now she felt closer. The conversation then turned to her love life. "What love stories? You know me. School this, study that. I just haven't had the time, or the opportunity. I haven't had since, what, tenth grade?" That year she had a boyfriend, Wallace Liu, and she had been let down. Hard. Apparently, half-Asian was good enough for him to mess around with, but not to introduce to his parents. It had been a dry spell since then. Maybe not entirely a dry spell, but never anything beyond two dates and a kiss goodnight.

"Heck, I've gotten farther with you than anyone over the past three years." Mina heard what she said and reddened considerably. She hadn't wanted that to get out, but she was just so comfortable right now that it got away from her. "I mean... you know... ha ha?" Suddenly she was feeling very warm...

The same little biscuit, which Haley had used as an excuse to steal a kiss from her friend, had also hindered her ability to smack her lips harder and more passionately. It was definitely an adorable one, more than anything else. Since she had played a more active role in that little kiss, Haley wasn't quite perplexed about it. Especially compared to Mina, she was rather casual about sharing such an intimate moment with her best friend. Gladly, her daringness didn't result in a bitter reaction, as that cutely confused brunette did seem to have liked that she'd kissed another gal. Perhaps the taste of her cherry chapstick was still on her lips after that little moment of lost discretion.

Standing between the coffee table and the sofa, Haley listened to what her friend had to say about her current relationship. Or lack thereof, for that matter. Two single ladies, under the same roof, it seemed. It had some obvious implications, as in moving beyond the limiting boundaries of friendship. Or just experimenting. "Three years?" Haley asked, targeting the girl with a squint of mockery. It was not a short time period to be lonely. But then again, not everyone required a hand to hold to enjoy the amenities of life. Similarly, not everyone needed to be pampered by a boyfriend to feel beloved, unlike a certain blonde whose underlying issues necessitated the constant maintenance of a loved one. "Oh no…"

As promised, she intended to offer Mina a treat of her own. On the other hand, she would have liked to see more enthusiasm than only a little "I can sit." Certainly, Haley was a rather outgoing gal with a fluctuating but ever-present daringness. However, she also needed some hints of zealousness to advance more. Seeing through shyin' but finding nothin' wouldn't be quite promising, after all.

Behind her, she blindly patted the coffee table, until her hand located the plate. A randomly selected biscuit was held up in front of Mina then. "Alright, to earn this." Haley returned to the sofa. Not in a conventional manner, though. Climbing onto the furniture, her knees pressed against the cushions on either side of Mina's hips, while her own slowly perched on the young brunette's lap. "You have to guess the colour." She flashed a smile. The colour of what exactly, she didn't elaborate on. Given the context however, it should have been clear.

Mina eyed the cookie, and then Haley quizzically. They were now a the point where two steps forwards and one step back wasn't as simple as before. Generally, she had retreated as Haley advanced, but there wasn't anywhere left to retreat, either metaphorically, or physically as she was at the end of the couch, and Haley was practically right on top of her now. At first, Mina was puzzled with Haley's challenge. Did she mean her eyes which were open, those deep violet eyes that could entrance with one gaze. Was she entranced? Maybe she was.

But Haley kept her eyes open. So it wasn't that. Revelation hit as Mina looked down. There was only one thing it could be and it was under those joggers. All right, it could have been one of two things, but she thought the second was a bit forward even for Haley. The first, however, that was very Haley. Mina wrapped her arms around Haley's shoulders for balance, then realized that it wasn't so much for balance as because having her arms around her friend was an enjoyable experience, and that maybe it was time to stop being scared of what Haley might be intending or what she herself might be feeling and instead go ahead and allow herself to relax and enjoy the ride for once in her life. And maybe, just for once in her life, advance of her own accord rather than retreat.

"Okay," Mina began. Her fingertips lingered on Haley's shoulder, tracing at the impression of the bra strap underneath the loose T-Shirt, as if she could divine the color of her friend's underwear through touch. That wouldn't work though - not for the problem involving winning the cookie at any rate. For that, she had logic and analysis. Which one would think would run counter to the romantic undercurrent that the whole exercise was meant to encourage, but instead might provide just the leavening that the cake in their proverbial oven might need to rise. "We can eliminate white right off the bat. You'd never go traditional. Black, that'd be more you... Especially if you were going out with that guy tonight. But for me?" She stopped and thought for a second, her finger slowly running down the shirt along the path the bra strap provided. "No... I think you'd go another direction."

But which direction? Mina paused for a second and considered. By now her finger had reached that juncture between strap and cup, and even on the other side of the T-Shirt, it meant she had a few choices of her own regarding direction. She opted to follow the scalloping of the cup, not quite the bold choice of continuing straight down, which would have meant up in reality, but not the safe choice of pulling away either. It was a signal, her signal, that she was indeed up for this, whatever this was. "So which color? Pink?" She stopped, thought again, and shook her head, giving a little flirtatious turn of her hair as she did so. "No... too girly. Maybe something in a pale sea-foam green... or an azure blue... Maybe..."

Her finger had hit the end of the curvature where one cup gave way to the other, right above the breastbone, and the beating heart when inspiration hit. It came with a glance to Haley's hands and then to her face. Mina pointed and pressed in triumph and declared, "I got it!" With a smile, she leaned forward. "The nails... the eye shadow. You're wearing lavender!" A smile crept on her face as she bent still closer, looking for telltale signs that she was right or not. With a lean back near kissing territory, and a playful brush of that finger that had been traveling along Haley's nose, she asked, "So am I right? Did you pick your undies to match our collar? Do I get my prize?"

In terms of guessing what particular colour she donned underneath, it was doubtful how helpful it would be to feel her bra straps through her top. Such inspections were welcome, though. When it came to Mina, at least. Certainly, she hadn't perched on the girl's lap just because it felt awfully comfortable to sit there. Surprisingly, her bashful friend wasn't exceedingly fazed by it either. A clue that the evening was becoming pleasantly more daring.

"Whaat? Don't you think the colour of innocence would suit me?" Rolling her eyes, she said during her friend's aloud pondering. "Well, I like black." Smilingly, she interrupted, or responded to rather, the girl's guessing game. Every wardrobe needed black, of course. And on occasions that could be considered special, she enjoyed bearing the contrast of black, even though she tended to opt for lighter colours.

There were indeed a couple of places Mina could find pink. Not necessarily since she wore it, however, given those pink spots were on her birthday suit. Regardless, it would have been a nice guess, as she indeed slipped into undergarments of said colour rather frequently. "I'm a barbie girl!" It made Haley hum. "In a barbie world." She gave her bum a little shake. "Brush my hair, undress me everywhere." That was what that terrible song said, after all.

Dying her hair had been an idea she had toyed with a couple of times. If one day she were to go red, a green pair of knickers, perhaps a bit more vibrant than sea foam, could complement that rather well. This evening though, she didn't wear green. Since Haley suspected her best friend was an overall smarter girl than her, she was confident the girl would eventually figure it out.

As soft fingers continued to inspect, Haley looked down to cast them a glance. The touches weren't incredibly daring, but they stirred all kinds of feelings in her, urges that were a bit more than friendly. And the little biscuit she had been holding, she didn't know where it might have gone. Probably somewhere on the sofa. She had never promised Mina a biscuit, anyway. It was a treat, rather. And she herself was that treat.

Eyelashes batting, Haley averted her eyes for a moment, her nails tapping against the girl's shoulder. She wasn't very good at hiding the fact that Mina had guessed correctly. Neither she intended to, really. "Oh, you did find out!" Haley gasped, as if it was such a shock. Her gaze pierced the girl's eyes, as the blonde quietly smiled down at her friend for a bit. She didn't talk much, and slammed her lips onto Mina's. Hopefully, it was a reward that wouldn't disappoint.

"Or did you?" Haley took the girl by her hands, letting the girl's palms slide down her body on either side. Till she led them over the bottom of her T-shirt beside her waist. After letting go of Mina's hands, her own darted into the air, arms extending towards the ceiling.

There was a little smile of triumph on Mina's face when Haley "conceded" defeat. However, it wasn't entirely due to her guessing correctly, although that did add to the enjoyment. But the feeling that for once, she had been in the drivers seat, Yes, Haley had responded gamely - she always did, managing to pull up a scandalized blush on Mina's cheeks as she gave her responses, but for once she was giving as good as she was getting, and it felt good. Then again, the feeling of Haley's bra and skin beneath the shirt was also a delight, making Mina's heart beat faster even as she continued with the game. In short, there was more than one way to win, and there weren't going to be any losers if the game continued like this.

But if Mina had surprised herself by her own daring, admittedly spurred by the brave and beautiful woman perched on her lap, then said woman quickly proved that she was still capable of turning up the heat still further with aplomb. When it came to seduction - At first, she didn't quite understand the meaning of Haley's retraction of her acknowledgment that Mina had guessed correctly, and had done some other things right as well. Her eyes widened and she let out a little uptake of breath that came out as a squeak - half astonishment and half delight - as the pieces came together in her head. Brush my hair, undress me everywhere indeed. Mina even went so far as to add the next two lines - "Imagination, life is your creation." Because right now, Haley was wreaking havoc with Mina's imagination.

And dreams were quickly morphing into reality. "OK," she began, gripping the hem of the T-Shirt tightly to the points of her knuckles turning white. "Here goes." Sometimes a person wants to do something rapidly, like pulling off a band-aid. At other times, it was better to edge through things slowly, pushing through until the desired results were achieved. The current task before Mina, was neither of those, and to her credit (and once again, a little bit of surprise), she was up to the task. Mina pulled up the shirt, not too slow, not too fast, and her eyes drank in what her fingers and then her brain had already indulged in - the image of Haley in partial undress. For a minute she just stared, long enough for the shirt to drop off her fingers and onto the floor, at which point, Mina realized she should probably say something. "So I was right... That's a nice bra..." Which was an understatement. It was the kind of garment that made a girl go "Wow!" and "Eep!" and desperately wonder what might lay underneath. After a little more silence, she added, "You have nice skin..." And after a few more, she dared to add, "And nice boobs."

She mentally tried to put things together. She liked Haley. That she knew. Apparently she had discovered that she liked kissing Haley. Good to know. And... she liked undressing Haley. Oh, and yes, she liked boobs. Better than cookies. Things were definitely beginning to come together. So what came next? Mina knew - but was she brave enough to pull it off? And how could she continue in this fashion? Mina couldn't believe that she was going to do this.

But do she did. Before she could give it a second thought, Mina leaned over Haley to reach onto her bag on the coffee table, pressing in, she could smell Haley's scent, feel as it passed onto her. The feel of Haley's warmth against her shirt reinforced her willpower, and she went ahead with the plan, which involved three kisses - one on Haley's cheek, one on her neck, and a final one on her lips. Now blushing furiously, Mina showed Haley the pocket mirror she pulled from her purse. "OK, for the shirt..." she gave a quick tug at the one strap of her top to emphasize the stakes, then asked, "What shade of lipstick am I wearing today? No peeking!" She hid her lips behind the non-reflective side of the mirror, physically preparing to flip it to show the answer to her question, and mentally preparing to get stripped by her best friend.

Hopefully, her hostess' parents would keep indulging themselves in each other's company and continue their state of absence. Otherwise, finding their daughter under a topless gal in their living room could have been a questionable image for them to spontaneously witness. With her T-shirt removed, at her own request at that, she made no attempt to cover her lavender-clad breasts. The cups lifted them up, pressing them together and offering a slight bulge. In an almost oppressive manner, her temptingly protruding chest kept pointed towards Mina, as the blonde accepted the compliments. Since this was, well Mina, expecting shamelessly paid bold compliments wouldn't have been fair. And Haley had anticipated some level of understandable awkwardness given the situation.

A lukewarm "Thanks" came from the blonde as her friend commented on her bra. Instead of the appeal of the undergarment, she would have rather preferred to hear some sweet nothings about how it looked on her. Similarly, it was nice to listen to her friend admire her complexion, but it was also the type of flattery one would offer when one didn't really know what to say. "Uh-huh." Accordingly, it didn't quite excite Haley. Or made her beam. Eventually though, Mina managed to rub this pampering-loving blonde the right way with a candid compliment on her breasts. Her own gaze plunged into her cleavage. "Ah, thanks! You're so sweet!" A spoiled giggle followed her spirited appreciation. If her friend indeed loved boobs, and liked hers specifically, such gallantry would help the girl get what she liked.

Any innocent game that would lead to more amorous moments with her friend was welcome. And Haley herself had started it anyway. Since she was still on the girl's lap, Mina's forwards leaning inevitably caused her chest to squeeze against the young brunette, rubbed her body onto hers. Of course, if Mina had just grabbed something from the bag without offering her a kiss or something similar during that, it would have made the blonde call her out on that. Thankfully, it seemed Mina was getting comfortable with those kisses of hers. Which, kind of, announced the start of a new relationship. Or the evolution of an already existing one.

The question that was supposed to help her get rid of Mina's top was an odd one. "Lipstick?" Haley questioned. Since she wasn't blind, and since they had been talking, and playing, and kissing for a while, it was hard to believe that the girl might have thought that she hadn't found the opportunity to spot the colour of her friend's lips. "Mina? I kissed you, right." She talked to the back of the hand mirror. "I don't need to guess. I know it already." Through the bottom of Mina's pink top, which complemented light coral lips, Haley hands slipped. "If you're too eager to take it off, at the very least…" A deep breath filled her lungs. "Don'tmakeitthatobvious!" She exclaimed in one breath. A giggle followed. With that, she commenced her assault. Straps of that off-the-shoulder garment wouldn't fare well against a feisty girl's intent attack, she suspected. Not being able to see her friend's face didn't really hindered Haley from holding those straps, in an attempt to roll them down.

Mina was prepared for one thing, she got quite another. With a little yelp, she was pushed backwards, the mirror clattering to the floor. She weakly protested with a, "No faiiirrr..." but the words dissolved into giggles, as it was clear that Haley had been paying attention to how she looked and Mina was gratified. Inasmuch as there was a struggle, which is really just a fancy way to say there wasn't any of one, the squirming served the purpose of making it easier to slide the top down, at least to the point where Haley got the single strap off and over her arm, at which point Mina could use both again, reaching around to tousle Haley's hair and to lean forward to laugh and caress and rub noses and give pecking kisses all over Haley's face and snuggle and just plain flirt. Because at this point they were long past the point of no return, and Mina had come not only to accept that fact, but to embrace it, much as she was embracing her new... girlfriend.

As Haley might have guessed, Mina didn't have a lot in the way of sexy underwear. What she did have, however, was on her right now. The bra that Haley had revealed was a pale shade of pink and accentuated with a floral pattern. She pulled back just a little, partly to get the top off from around her waist and partly to give Haley a better view. And also to get something a little more serious off her chest. "You know..." she confessed in a soft voice, pink tinging her cheeks, her neck and her breastbone, "I... always felt like I was in your shadow... you know... you being the cool and popular and sexy and beautiful one and me being kind of the wallflower to the side. It wasn't your fault - you were always great to me. And of course, you are beautiful." There was no doubt about that. "I mean... I was jealous. That may be why... I kind of let us drift apart? Sorry about that."

She looked away for a second as her hands balled into fists. It was not something Mina was proud of. Then she looked back. "Now... though... you are making me feel beautiful, Haley. I mean... look at me... look at us... When I woke up this morning I never thought..." Her words got caught in her throat and perhaps a tear began welling in her eye. "Yet," she added with a smile, "here we are." For a moment she just sat there, her eyes locked with Haley's as she tried to get a look within, to see if this was just experimenting for the night or if, she dared hope, there was more there and tonight was just a beginning.

Mina took Haley's hand in hers and rose. "We've probably got the house to ourselves this evening. But all the same, maybe we should take this into my bedroom?"

Although it wasn't much, undoing a single strap could still be considered a decent achievement, since Mina was closer to the prudish end of the spectrum. Well, said prude seemed to be in a good mood at the moment, enough to give her a handsome number of kisses. In Haley's case, at the expense of having her hair mussed up a little, which hardly bothered the blonde. She thought it was time for her to leave the girl's lap, however. It was a funny thing to think about, that she had started to turn on by her childhood friend. She was somehow confident that Mina also must have been going through similar thoughts and emotions.

Pink looked good on Mina. While admiring pink cups, she was also curious about the bits they covered. "Mm, didn't know you were so alluring under that top." Haley sang. "Well, actually I did." In truth, she was expecting to be welcomed by a rather tempting sight while meddling with the girl's top. And was somehow sure that she would enjoy staring at her friend's chest. What Mina got off her chest, however, she wasn't ready for. Quite a confession, it was. Her friend didn't say anything bad about her. It was the opposite, really. Sexy, pretty, and popular; they all had quite a nice ring to them. Still, Haley felt bad.

"You've always been a pretty little flower, Mina." Not to look down at the girl, the blonde went down on her knees, resting her hands on her friend's knees. "Always too high on the wall to reach." As a rather outgoing girl who liked flirting and playing, if Haley hadn't been able to pick that flower, it must have been indeed quite hard-to-reach. "I'm a plucked clover. Always being dragged by the wind." When her friend's eyes began to water, hers did too. "Hoping someone will pretend that I have four leaves." It was a rather vague description of the ever-present storm within her heart. They were different to Mina's perhaps, but she too had issues that she had learnt to mask with a cheerful smile. "What if it's a puppy love what you feel for me?" The blonde asked.

When taken by the hand, she got to her feet. The bedroom seemed to be the desired destination. Undoubtedly, to take this newly formed relationship to the next step. "Oh, on the first date?" To soften the mood, Haley quipped. "Alright. Lead the way."

"I'm not sure what I'm feeling," Mina confessed. "But I know I'm feeling something deep and real. And that's something I haven't been able to say in a long time." There was no doubt about it. Mina was scared. Excited, but scared. Scared of what she was feeling. Scared of going too far or asking too much. Scared of not going fare enough or asking too little. Scared of fucking this up. But she wasn't going to let fear stop her; not this time.

Her pace was slow, and she stumbled twice, leaning on Haley for support. The bedroom was not far. It was surprisingly girly, given the evidence so far, festooned with floral wallpaper and a stuffed animal collection. Mina shut the door behind them and led Haley to the four poster bed, sitting down gently and waiting for her friend to follow suit. "OK... so... here we are..." She looked back up at Haley, at a loss as to what to say or do. She did her best. "You said I'm the flower at the top of the wall? Well, it turns out your reach goes pretty far. Here I am. And clover or not, you're the only bloom that I've felt compelled to pick. You've always been the most amazing flower in the field as far as I'm concerned. So..."

She stopped again, braced herself, closer her eyes, reached around Haley, and bent forward. And this time she initiated the kiss - soft, scared, gentle, quivering, and hers. She lingered a while, getting Haley's taste on her, feeling her heart race ever faster. "S... So..." she added as she pulled away just a fraction of an inch... "L... let's make a garden."

Back
Top Bottom