Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Interest Check for a Millers Hollow style game.

PhoenixRising82

“Ours is the Magic. Ours is the Power.”
For those that don’t know what Millers Hollow is…..it is actually a board game in origin but it has been tweeked to be able to play it online.

Here is a description from the site where you can purchase the board game. It is the best I’ve seen and is applicable to an online version as well.

The tiny hamlet of Millers Hollow is beset by monstrous enemies hidden in their midst!Werewolves of Millers Hollow is a social game of deduction and suspicion for eight to eighteen players. Some of you are innocent villagers, tasked with organizing the townsfolk and uncovering the evil in disguise, so you can kill the beasts before they claim the entire town. But if you're a werewolf, band with your fellow monsters to pick off the frightened townsfolk one by one, spreading distrust and suspicion until the town belongs to you alone!

In the next post below I will post a game that I’ve had thought up for this for a long while, as well as the rules of play and a sign up list. So that anyone that is interested can get an idea of the game and how I will work and run it.

If you have any questions, by all means, please send me a PM and if you are interested in playing this game of mystery and intrigue…….please leave your name below and I will add you to the list!

COME ONE, COME ALL!

To the Greatest Show on Earth!

Be witness to high flying acts, clowns in tiny cars, firebreathers.

See elephants, lions and tigers, animals of all kinds.

Visit our show of Freaks...including...a real yes, very real werewolf!

Magicians and jugglers. Hoopsters and stilt walkers. Balancing acts and card tricks.

Come and enjoy, relive the mystical and grand experience of childhood once again, in sight, sound and smell.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rules:

1. RT happens. I understand, and appreciate that fact. However, because of the nature of the game, you must be able to post an actual post and not just a name for a vote. This game is hard enough to discern who is innocent and who is wolf – without actual role-play posts, it's next to impossible. If you're signing up, please try and commit to at least one roleplay post per day.
That being said, two missed votes and something unfortunate will happen.
Two missed role play posts, and the same can be said.

2. Please do not reserve spots for posting – it makes it hard to keep up with the roleplay. Just post as you can when you can, but keep in mind the time when all votes must be in.

3. Lynching votes must be in by 11:00pm EST.
Wolf Meals must be in by 11:00pm EST.
Psychic questions and Guardians choice must be in by 9pm EST

4. Please do not discuss your roles. It is understandable for the wolves to talk to each other, as well as the lovers to know who each other are. But apart from that, your roles should be kept to yourself! Just makes the game more fun and interesting.

5. Please remember that after you're dead you have the chance to have one final exit post. Should chance be that you're The Ringmaster, you will need to, in your final post state who is taking over the role for you.

6. If You should have any questions about Your role, or any problems, please send me a PM.

And most importantly – Have fun!

So go ahead and sign up now. When all 20 spots have been filled we can start!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Roles:

The Wolves: There are 5 wolves. Your job is to outlive, outlast and survive. You must be stronger and smarter than the villagers. Befriend them, encourage them, and convince them to believe you and your voting process. Have them turn on their own and lynch their own good-natured fellows while you're eating them with a wolfish grin. You WILL know who your packmates are. You work as a team. It is my recommendation that you work as a pack and nominate an alpha. I usually suggest a good alpha when I send out the roles of someone who is more familiar with the game. It is –not- illegal to eat your own. At the end of the game, it is a common strategy to toss one of your own out to the mob to save your own ass… but will you?

The Fortune Teller: A role that is almost always within every game. The Fortune Teller is permitted every round to ask the nature of anyone in game. Are they a wolf or are they a villager? They are not usually permitted to find out any other key factors, such as whether an innocent villager is also a Lover; however, that is up to the host. It is not advisable to announce you're a Fortune Teller. Both sides from the beginning of the game are searching for you. The villagers need your information. The Wolves just want you dead before you find them!!!

Eros: Another role that is generally in all games. Eros will name TWO people at the beginning of the game to be our lovestruck Lovers (see next).

The Lovers: What a tragic role this is. A role that's over before it has begun, despised by those who are forcibly thrust into a Shakespearian tragedy!!! Only Eros (keep this in mind, something a lot of people forget!!), yourself, and your lover will know that you've been struck down with the curse of unbridled love. ANY combination of love may happen within Miller's Hollow -- Villager/Villager, Wolf/Wolf, Villager/Wolf, Male/Female, Female/Female, Male/Male. If this will disturb your sensitivities, quit playing now. Because the role is secret, there is no actual love 'play' until….. one of you dies!!!!! Then the other must, with heartbreak and grave sorrow, commit suicide for their lover!! Hence, the agony of this role. The curse of being a lover. If you're a wolf, it is advisable to let your wolf pack know that you are a lover and who your lover is, before they decide to have your lover up for a meal. Pray that you do not anger your lover into deciding to forfeit themselves and you for a Villagers' Victory!!!

The Ringmaster/The Sheriff: The Sheriff is elected by majority vote at the beginning of the game. This role leads the way was an extra vote and the voice of the people! Beyond that, Sheriffs do not have any extra powers within –this- role.

The Magician/The Witch: The Witch has two powers. One is the power to resurrect, the other is to kill. If the Witch chooses to resurrect, they will give their own life to Death in the resurrected's place.

The Trapeze Artist/The Hunter: The Hunter is seeking to kill a wolf, wanting a nice, shiny pelt to adorn his/her hunting lodge. If the Hunter gets killed, they're able to take ONE shot at anyone in the game as they die. No one is immune from the Hunter's silver bullet.

The Roustabout/The Guardian: They are able to protect ONE person per wolf round. Should the wolves come to feast upon a guarded person, they'll find themselves unable, and they will go hungry that night! The Guardian may NOT protect any one person more than two nights in a row.

The Clown/The Village Idiot: The Village Idiot is someone who is too stupid to die. They are too inedible to be eaten by the wolves, who then go hungry. (I'm going to make this a one time thing. They will survive one wolf attack but not a second, although The Village Idiot might be a little tough and gamey!)

The Scapegoat: In the event that a draw happens between two or more people and a lynch decision has not been reached, it is the Scapegoat who is sacrificed in their stead. Of course, the wolves may ensure that a voting tie happens, simply to take out the innocent Scapegoat.

The Concession Owner/The Copycat: The Copycat may use their power at ANY time by sending a U2U to the host claiming the role they wish to "Copy". Unlike The Thief role, The Copycat can choose to be 'anything' within the game from Wolf to The Scapegoat, even IF that role is still active.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1. Chalarm
2. cyrodilicbrandy
3. Yellow Brick Road

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom