Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[WB] The Ancients Stir

Zorham

Super-Earth
Not sure I want to be doing a roleplay in this universe, but, having quite a few people out there that are avid writers, where better else to show this universe I have created in my head to get the feedback and constructive criticism that would help this go from an idea to a full blown story. For now all I have is a basic backstory for them and where they are now. With that, here, we, go.

Basic Back Story

There was a race of people, only known as the Pure Ones, long, long ago, when the universe was birthed and the first Gods/Goddesses were out there experimenting with creation, each one having agreed that all of their creations need to have a flaw in them. The Pure Ones were created to be perfect in everyway, and yet, if they are fighting with those bonded with them, then they can die from that experience. The Pure Ones were extremely advanced, not needing to fight one another, not caring for wars, they developed Magic and built up their civilization, that is until they managed to portal across realms.

Not much is known as to what transpired at that point, but, a council of 5 Gods was created, and 14 of the Pure Ones were sent to destroy their entire race, solidifying their imortality, but also, locking them in as servants to the Council, who uses them to this day as arbiters of destruction, destroying any realm that has gone out of balance between good and evil.

Magic System

The Magic system for those Pure Ones, as they do not quite follow the rules of much of the other realms, is based solely on emotions. Consequently, all schools of magic require different types of emotions in order to get stronger, or even work in some cases. Meaning that for example, if you want to use Fire magic you need to let out Anger, while using Ice Magic you need to be calm and collected. This will make sure a Fire Mage cannot use Ice magic.
Otherwise all Pure Ones have some basic magical capabilities, Teleportation, opening and closing rifts between realms and realities, also basic telekinetic abilities, lifting and moving objects, speaking in their minds between themselves and their bonds.

Bonds

What are Bonds?
Well the simple answer is Bonds are the strength and weaknesses of all Pure Ones. Each Pure One is bonded to up to 3 other creatures at a time in the universe, the bond is non sexual, though many turn into deep bonds of love and trust, growing their strength as well as their emotions together.
This was made to keep the Pure Ones in check, as attacking one of their bonds would be the easiest way to keep them from doing something drastic, noone thought the Bonds would grow to become as powerful as the Pure One.

Zoe Darkhur (Lady of Death)

My most fleshed out character in this whole thing is Zoe. She stands at 6 ft tall, with a lithe, athletic build, her hair is very dark red, the red only seen in the light, her eyes are dull ruby in color.

Her weapon of choice?
A Scythe, double bladed, one blade under the other, she can spin the lower blade around giving her more options during battle.

Who is Zoe?

Zoe is a warm person, she cares a great deal about others, she teases a lot, and can be quite flirtatious with her wives, she also has a very pessimistic view on life, not seeing the good people try to do, thinking rather that when people try to enact change in society it is doomed to fail.

Which is why she took on the roll of going to the underworld, for the express reason to not let anyone go through the pain of taking on the role of Grim Reaper. Her magic of choice is necromancy which requires the emotion of Misery to grow more powerful, so cursed with that, Zoe always appears to be Miserable, and always is unhappy with everything around her, other than the 3 women around her that are her bonds, Annabel (the daughter of the previous Grim Reaper), Milandra (An undead Siren) and Xy'Tola (A Succubus Queen). Zoe has an affinity towards children, and will not directly harm them in anyway, opting however to bring them to an orphanage she manages in her realm, teaching them to be strong and to be self sufficient before letting them out to the realms to enjoy their lives.

Her Bonds

Annabel Darkhur (Daughter of a Reaper)
Milandra Darkhur (Undead Siren found lost in the sea of souls)
Xy'Tola Darkhur (Succubus Queen)

I have not quite yet expanded on them, maybe some ideas who help start the creative juices again. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom