Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Move the Storytelling tab to a more prominent position.

Aqua_Star

Star
This a forum for creatives and one of the most creative aspects of this site is almost hidden away, as is the way to review and critique. I’m talking about the storytelling thread. Yes, this a Roleplay first site, and I don’t wish to take that away in the slightest. But storytelling is another form creativity that this community can connect and thrive over. And also, what is storytelling, but solo relocating that we wish to share with others.

I do think there is merit to move it up to the role playing section of the forum. One could argue that it isn't really RP, but at the same time it isn't too much of a stretch to say that story telling often is a solo role play. It just depends on how you look at this. Plus, if you take the angle that this is a site for creative writing it would make sense that something like this is more prominently displayed.

I could see it maybe swapping places with the Worldbuilding tab, but I don't really think that's going to drive more traffic to it. I don't think it's really a matter of placement at all. I mean, the bottom forum is forum games, look how many posts that has. The only thing that would make storytelling more prominent would be a push by staff to tell people to check out the storytelling section.

I don't feel it belongs in the roleplay threads, it's a separate endeavor and should be treated as such, nor should it be placed above them, as the site's primary objective isn't solo writing. There are plenty of websites out there that fulfill that purpose already.

I could see it maybe swapping places with the Worldbuilding tab, but I don't really think that's going to drive more traffic to it. I don't think it's really a matter of placement at all. I mean, the bottom forum is forum games, look how many posts that has. The only thing that would make storytelling more prominent would be a push by staff to tell people to check out the storytelling section.

I don't feel it belongs in the roleplay threads, it's a separate endeavor and should be treated as such, nor should it be placed above them, as the site's primary objective isn't solo writing. There are plenty of websites out there that fulfill that purpose already.
I agree that it doesn’t belong in the role play threads, nor in any other subsection. The only thing I could see would be maybe a happy medium, with a ‘creativity’ subsection for stuff like storytelling and the world building, etc, for further distinction from regular ooc/irl things.

I agree that it doesn’t belong in the role play threads, nor in any other subsection. The only thing I could see would be maybe a happy medium, with a ‘creativity’ subsection for stuff like storytelling and the world building, etc, for further distinction from regular ooc/irl things.
I clicked here wanting to suggest the same thing. A category for creativity, under the rp section, to include Storytelling, World Building and Concrit would be perfect.

I clicked here wanting to suggest the same thing. A category for creativity, under the rp section, to include Storytelling, World Building and Concrit would be perfect.
Yeah I didn’t want it in the RP section either. But below it would do well too. We could also move the art thread there. And maybe a dedicated section for dice roleplay since that’s popular as well

Yes but if someone writes here they’re clearly inspired by their experiences here. So shouldn’t they have the optimal place to share it

Yeah I didn’t want it in the RP section either. But below it would do well too. We could also move the art thread there. And maybe a dedicated section for dice roleplay since that’s popular as well
You'd want to be careful with extrapolations like that - otherwise you'd risk having as many categories/sections as there are means of storytelling.

Agree with MGB and Sync. People really don't come here to read solo stories, so, it's probably not going to change much no matter where you put it. The more sections you put on the main page to scroll down, the less each individual sections will draw the eye. But if you have stuff tucked away in sub forums, like how Gaming is tucked away in the Art and Media section, the less attention it will get as well. People just don't see the subsections right off the bat.

So any way you choose to organize it, I think will harm your goal of wanting input and eyes on your solo stories. People just don't come here to read. They mainly come here to write collaborative sexy rp games.

Agree with MGB and Sync. People really don't come here to read solo stories, so, it's probably not going to change much no matter where you put it. The more sections you put on the main page to scroll down, the less each individual sections will draw the eye. But if you have stuff tucked away in sub forums, like how Gaming is tucked away in the Art and Media section, the less attention it will get as well. People just don't see the subsections right off the bat.

So any way you choose to organize it, I think will harm your goal of wanting input and eyes on your solo stories. People just don't come here to read. They mainly come here to write collaborative sexy rp games.

I will concede that I do think having a "Creative" style header for things like Storytelling, Worldbuilding, Art, and Concrit would be nice from an organizational level, that way entertainment might be able to break away from it, as I've always found it odd to pair it with art. That said, I'm still on the same page with you about the fact that people just don't really come here to do solo writing. There are other avenues for writing, adult or otherwise, on the internet. Those options are generally designed better for a writer's needs as well.

Writers who want to show their creative efforts to a community they enjoy have the space to do so, and I think that's already pretty good. However, other than for the sake of better organization, I don't think it should be given any special treatment.

Something that might help with this - and I don't know how much work would be involved - would be to make a new Forum.

Currently we have:
* The Welcome Center
* Roleplay Requests
* Roleplays
* Out Of Character

If a new Forum was made at this level - let's call it "Solo Creativity" - and the current Storytelling, World Building, and ConCrit boards were moved to this new group...that might work nicely.

Something that might help with this - and I don't know how much work would be involved - would be to make a new Forum.

Currently we have:
* The Welcome Center
* Roleplay Requests
* Roleplays
* Out Of Character

If a new Forum was made at this level - let's call it "Solo Creativity" - and the current Storytelling, World Building, and ConCrit boards were moved to this new group...that might work nicely.
This works. Can we put it to a vote or something?

Back
Top Bottom