Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Izabetch/East] Too Old to be Hoenn

Izabetch

Meteorite
"If I have to make another report about these damned cave-ins I'm going to get a Snorlax to crush my head!"

Iza grimaced as she helped a tired looking Machop move a support beam into place. She did not feel as if she had accomplished anything as she was more of a surveyor, but the little happy face the Machop gave with a thumbs up gave her the serotonin she needed. Above them she heard the thump-flump of her Golbat's wings as it looked over the location of the roof collapse. She used the Pokemon for the sonar, but even that was not perfect with the weak stone of the tunnel. "We need those Drilbur tomorrow not next friday!" Her Foreman's voice caused the Golbat to flinch and move further down the tunnel to continue looking over the roof. Dart was her oldest companion, and really the only reason she enjoyed working in the caves. But at the moment she really felt needed the backup of a Machamp for whenever the Foreman came into the tunnel to berate her... Iza had been the site surveyor for three months- not long, but it was impressive she managed to get the job at her age in the first place. The Devon Corporation had been working to create a stable route between Rustboro to Verdanturf for a little over a decade now, but the stability of the cave system and the slow burn of it due to the Pokémon was almost making this all seem like a hellish punishment for anyone taking the job. "Tch!" The blue haired woman winced as she rubbed at her left eye feeling the sting of debris, she thought getting a surveying job would get her away from this side of Hoenn, but since she had been living in Verdanturf her job location was deemed a "kindness".

She blinked a few more times until the foreign body left her eye, "Oi! You get paid to look not blink!" Foreman Daren snapped as he stomped in from outside. Luckily the issue today was a minor roof collapsing and not a full cave-in, but the paper work only had two options; Cave-in or Breakthrough. Iza sighed softly behind her respirator as she knew Daren was flustered as his insulting phrases made less sense than normal. "I told you we needed to hire out for any psychic trainers, the Machop we have can only work so fast and the Makuhita are not arriving until tomorrow- " She cut herself off knowing trying to explain anything- even as her damn job- would only get him more heated. She hated this job, she hated that she was being berated by someone who's only qualifications were he had been working this site for near as long as it was open. "Look, psychic trainers ain't cheap- they also upset the stupid Whismer which only cause more cave-ins! You give me good results one day and then another you're worse than a Trubbish in Mossdeep!" The twenty-two year old stood silently as the fifty something balding man took what frustration he had out. She understood that crap rolled down hill, but she wished she could roll away as fast as the other workers who had slunk away before the scene. Hell Dart's smooth exit made her both jealous and proud of her companion.

"Sir, the commotion of the roof dislodgment has upset not only the native Pokémon, but also the working Pokémon- as well as the humans" she breathed the last part into her mask which was hiding her mouthing a few unflattering words to her boss. "I suggest as with the agreement with not only the Devon Corp, but the local Rangers that we take the time to end today as by tomorrow the Makuhita and the Drilbur may even be arriving earlier as we can then redirect the route- again" Iza was giving herself little mental high-fives for remaining calm anytime she spoke to this over worked and grump-dump of a man. Foreman Daren was red faced by now and breathing heavy behind his own respirator before finally unclenching his fist and crossing his arms to rest on a aged barrel chest. "Get the workers to clear up and out then, supports done first! no point doing anything tomorrow if the damned place collapses over night!" He turned and stormed out leaving the young woman and the stressed looking Machop. The Machop's trainer was further back down the tunnel line but he had three so they spread themselves through the tunnel to help where needed. "Well, I should be outside looking over stuff, but if he's out there I'll stay in here with you guys" she gave a small laugh and walked down the tunnel relaying the orders to the team grunting as her Golbat nudged affectionately at her shoulder. "Oh don't act like I didn't see you ditch me" she half heartedly snapped giving his cheek a playful pinch.

With the motivation to just "stabilize and go home" the crew was able to get out of the cave and punch out of work by the next hour- which was perfect timing as the Whismur was showing signs of getting agitated and being active. She wondered what was the big deal for wanting to go through the tunnel and not just cut through the forest to create a compact road? At this point it seemed to be stubborn pride for the Corp than any kind of practicality. Iza yawned stretching her arms above her head as she watched Dart fly lazily above her. Her jump suit was covered in dirt and she couldn't wait to get back to her home to take a shower. It was only a bit pass 5:00pm which meant the sun was still up so there was a mild rosy glow over Verdanturf. They had added a few townhouses at the edge close to route 117 which were cheaper to stay at than over at Mauville- but that close to the Daycare was why White Noise machines were a popular gift out here. Trying to sleep peacefully while Wailord serenades a Skitty is the ultimate sleep canceler. "Golch!" Dart leveled his flying to be closer to his trainer looking mildly apologetic still for earlier. "Oh you know I'm not actually mad at you!" Her smile now visible as the mask hung around her neck, "No point being mad... That tunnel is a death trap and even if we had Groudon itself helping I doubt the place would ever be stable..." Iza shook her head as she rummaged through her pockets for her keys as she reached her door. "Just need to put in some new applications- Devon Corps internal transfer, PokeMarts, heck I'll get a cleaning job at Mt. Pyre at this point!"

"The new Pokégear 5.0 has a longer battery life and several new functions. It is designed to link to the national dex archive and thus is just as effective as a Rotodex. All without the need to bond a semi-sentient spirit to an outdated electronic for the rest of its eternal unlife. The Pokégear is the newest from the devon corporation and can act as a phone, and a more reliable GPS function." Kito leaned against the table as he gave the speech he had memorized from the brochure he had been handed at the start of his shift.

The customer he was dealing with seemed only half interested. So he tried his best to add in more details. "It comes in a variety of colors, for customization and personalization." He honestly didn't care. He had sold like 30 of these today, and just wanted to get this guy out of his till. Kito was kind of jealous. With the paycheck he got he could barely afford the old 3.0 he had gotten from the discounted shelf, and he swore half the functions haven't worked since the system updates that were issued like 2 weeks ago. He'd kill for a Rotodex, which was hilarious because each one of those had a literal ghost locked inside.

"I think my kid would like the blue one, he's a trainer don't you know."

Yeah so is everyone over the age of ten. Oh don't worry little Timmy has a rattata, he'll be fine in the tall grass with the beedrill's 2 foot long speer arms.

Employees weren't allowed to have their Pokémon in the department store, trainers often got the wrong idea if they saw employees with actual pokemon. Just last week a battle had broken and shut down an entire floor. They were still trying to fix the flooding. Who uses hydro-pump indoors?

"I don't know do you have any other colors in the back?"

"No only the ones in our display case."

"Are you sure?"

Well considering that Devon Company sent a representative to set up the display yeah we're fucking sure.

"You know what sir let me go check." Kito walked off from the center stage and rode the lift down to the basement area of the department store, the employee-only section. he took a moment down in the dank room to take a breath.

We should quit this job.

"You need to get the fuck out of my head." From under his shirt the familair and somewhat painful motions of something crawling along his body from where it had been hidden away till it could finally poke it's head out of his shirt revealing a purple head, and two long ears, wide glowing eyes, and a red gemstone.

"You have any idea how much trouble you could get me in? Sunny why don't you stay in the ball like Astra?"

Because Astra is a loser, and I wouldn't dare deprive you of my company.

The espeon crawled out from it's hidden spot the small carrying bag that Kito wore under his work shirt. Unlike a normal Espeon, Sunny was barely the size of a teddy bear, it evolved at level 2, which had probably stunted it's growth. But it made it a lot easier to sneak him past the other employees. It was also way over-leveled, compared to what Kito should have been able to control meaning Sunny only listened to Kito when Sunny felt it was convenient.

You are wasting our lives. Not just mine and Astra's but yourself as well we should be ruling the world by now, you're 20 by now we should be on the elite four, or at least running a gym.

"We flunked, we didn't make it as a trainer remember? Someone required something, and we sold our pokedex, in the emergency." He pointed to a faint mark, a place where some grievous wound had healed over on sunny's back leg, and fur had grown over it, but never managed to fully heal. "You still complain that you feel slow, do you want to go back into the field? The next Salamance you face might not be so willing to let go after biting down."

You want a dex... there are 30 of them just sitting in that box. Sunny's tail flicked to the back of the department store's inventory. A big box labeled decommissioned. "Are those..."

generation 2.0 rotodex's I could hear their pathetic crying from here.

"The 2.0 were called back for a reason, they were... faulty." Kito's voice faltered for a moment as he walked towards the box. It wasn't even taped shut.

He glanced around checking the camera's orientations, this box was forgotten, these things should have been shipped off to Devon Corp weeks ago. Everything in our lives is faulty Kito, but we are owed this much.

He reached out and grabbed one of them, then paused, and grabbed a second. Walking back towards the elevator after he had filled his pockets, Sunny walked beside him as the two of them left the store. "Tell Milly I quit."

Walking back to his home, the home he shared in part with his childhood friend Iza. He walked with Sunny. He put the Rotodéx's on the table and sat with sunny, and Iza's other pokemon the one they left at home because it was easier if Deino's were left in familiar environments less biting.

"Hey, buddy... Oh, she is gonna be mad about this one."

Hours later when Iza came home, he had a full meal prepared for the two of them. A vegetable curry dish, which had filled the house with a pleasant aroma, one that he hoped would help cover up the smell of change. Then he put the two new Rotodex's down at the middle of the table to act as the centerpiece.

"Iza... Sunny and I have been talking, and how do you feel about a career change?"

Last edited:
Opening the door allowed the rare yet familiar smell of Kito's cooking- he fucked up. Iza's first thought was that Snap had either gotten out or had gotten out and, well, snapped at someone or their Pokémon. But taking another step in she saw the Deino laying out by the old road side saved couch his tongue lolled out. She had found him wondering inside the tunnel the first few days she was hired. He was running into things as norm for their kind, but it was causing problems for the crew so she had taken it upon herself to capture the destructive muppet. But now that she had seen he was fine and secure in the apartment she turned her head toward the kitchen and the smell. Standing next to the little table- another salvage- was her childhood friend with his usual nervous yet hopeful smile. He had been working extra shifts at the department shop in Mauville so maybe he got a write up? Oh or maybe he actually did something good and got a promotion?! Wait no- he would have ordered out for good news. They would order from the Authentic Johto Cuisine place when something good happened.

Near by him was his small purple leech- er shadow. She never liked the shifty Pokémon her friend had had since they had started their hopes of being Pokémon Adventurers. She liked him as an Eevee, she got along with that Pokémon who was nice to Dart as a Zubat, but once it evolved so under leveled it became something different. Like plotted to rule the world or switch the salt with sugar levels of evil depending on the hour of the day. She narrowed her eyes briefly at the Espeon, feeling a minor pressure in her head before finding herself ignoring Sunny. Her stomach growled as she had skipped lunch to get things done fast enough to get off as early as she did. Usually she would have come in late at night only catching her roommate briefly in the morning as they went off to their jobs. Kito sure knew how to cook too bad it only was an event to try and soften the blow of a "oopsie".

"Career change...?" Iza blinked a few times looking down at the food and seeing for the first time the devices- expensive devices... "Oh for the Light of Ho-Oh you did not splerg your half of the rent to buy those?!" She crossed the space between her and the table in three long strides and stared down at the Rotodexes. They were dormant and did not stir as she looked at them, but Iza could see they were not in their budget! Dart had flown/flopped into the apartment landing out on the couch the springs creaking under the pokemon's weight. the Goldbat chittered to the dragon-type as if warning him that their trainer was about to go off. Snap only responded by rolling onto his back his stumpy legs wiggling slowly before he starfished out. Going from gritty cave dirt to gritty unvacuumed carpet was all the blind creature cared about. The humans could scream at each other all day it did not bother Snap.

"Kito! I swear if this is some kind of excuse to go off and have adventures- news flash we're adults! We pay taxes! Peter the Bug Catcher down the route has a better use for these things then we do!" she used her willpower to look back at the small psychic type Pokémon, "If you want to go back out there and get yourself-" she winced shaking her head, "ugh I'm sorry..." Iza winced again resting her hands on the table taking a deep breath feeling herself tense then relax as she exhaled. For a split second she swore she heard the distant sound of someone crying before it faded away, they flunked out as trainers for a reason and honestly it wasn't a bad thing compared to what others went through, "Bruh... I am starving, so I am going to let you explain while I stuff my face so then I can have the energy to physically beat your psychic trainer ass..." she growled as she pulled her chair out and took a seat, "begin..." she glared at Kito as she grabbed a spoon for the curry.

Kito didn't like being right, Iza wasn't happy about this, and he flinched slightly as she made several good points. She gave him one chance to explain himself as she ate. So he had to gather all of his best arguments and put them forward this should have been easy, he was a trained salesman. "Well, the good news is that these didn't cost me anything." He was being truthful, he hadn't spent a dime. "They fell off a recall truck and had been in the back of the department store underground for like a month. No one is gonna give two shits that they are missing."

It was actually kinda weird that box really should have gone back to the manufacturers a month ago, and yet it was positioned in such a way that none of the cameras could overlook it. It was a strange little mystery like they had been put aside for something nefarious, but this wasn't Kanto or Jhoto, it wasn't like there was a criminal organization in an underground base just underneath the department store, shit like that didn't happen in Hoenn. "So I can safely say that rent will be paid on time for this month."

Next month on the other hand... "Yes, we failed to be trainers the first time around. Lots of shit happened. But back then we were underprepared. We split up and went our own ways, and we didn't get very far individually. But we are older, more prepared we could go into the doubles league this time. Like Tate and Liza. With the two of us we would each be able to carry 6 pokemon even if officially we would only be allowed to use 3, we could cover each other weaknesses. We could make sure that what happened before doesn't happen again."

"Last time we did the childish thing we declared each other rivals, and we both tried to take on the world, and we both failed. This time we could be partners, stronger together. Besides... do we really wanna continue being wage slaves for twenty more years. Yeah, we pay taxes, but we are barely making a living. We both know that we would make more money going out and battling. So what if I'm a little adventure-hungry aren't you? Why catch a new pokemon if you don't plan to train him?"

Iza grimaced with a mouth full of curry. For a moment she thought Kito was going to say they were some kind of gift for a big sale or contest or anything positive- but then he admitted to theft, "grrt" she muttered a 'great' with her mouth full before swallowing, but she continued to listen to her roommate, it was possible the devices- recalled ones at that- would not be missed, but hopefully over all was that his former employers would not be rightfully seeking legal action and would just avoid being petty over a few missing devices. The Rotom were going to be confused when they got activated, if they activated at all. She had seen the devices on TV before and even seen a few newer- YOUNGER- trainers with them.

Pokedexes used to be for only select research kids or science students, but now they were almost a must have to go on a journey. Looked over your finances, acted as maps and phones they were great! Iza remembered how easily she had gotten lost on their first attempt years ago finding places almost at random or not at all, being lost in the forest at 11 with no way to reach out for help was horrible, so at least he had some sense to grab them- though the idea of them being stolen bugged her a bit.

She thought back on nights she would sleep outside on the ground feeling miserable as her measly fire would almost always go out. Having a stable line of income and a safe home was a million times more practical to her now than the idea of being a trainer. Iza put her spoon down as she looked up at Kito looking into his eyes as he spoke. She saw a spark there she had not seen before. He was really passionate about this. "Of course you want to be like the psychic twins" she smirked a bit. The ida of doing the Double's League was never one she had thought about. She had declared herself his rival the day they turned 11 and it was a massive joke. Once he got himself two psychic types she still only had Dart. She was such a picky kid and now she realized she just did not want to end up being like those trainers that shelve a Zubat or a Golbat for something 'cooler'.

Iza turned her head to look at the sprawled out Deino and smiled a bit sadly, "he just needed my help... but.." she trailed off a moment thinking about everything Kito had said. "He's a breed of Pokémon made to fight.." she admitted thinking of the beast of a dark and dragon type that lazy muppet would become. She sighed heavily looking back at Kito, "I sucked the worse at my Pokémon journey. I went out of my way to fail I think... But I worry what will happen if we mess up now? Yeah Wage Slaves isn't a great life, but it's given us basic comforts. Kids can get treated kindly if they don't have money on their adventure but adults? Jeez I can't imagine getting stuck in a tree for berries heh" Man this conversation was making the woman realize how scared she was at the idea of leaving a comfort zone.

She looked over at the Espeon again, "I still know you have a paw in this situation, but you'll be a front liner so enjoy the beatings" she looked back at her roommate- no fellow trainer-, "Kito, I know you already got the paperwork for me to sign to register for Doubles- unless your new life of crime has made you fake my signature too?" she blinked, "also you're the one who needs to diversify your team- you have two psychic Pokémon and one is agoraphobic... like he keeps himself in the ball." It had almost been a whole two weeks since she had last seen Astra and if it was not for the missing bits of Poké Food here and there she would have assumed the Kirlia was dead.

He saw the concerns that Iza raised, and she was right, the two of them leaving now would leave their creature comforts behind. They could be gone for a year, maybe longer. They were going on a journey that would take them all along Hoenn, maybe even beyond one day. This home was nice, and they had built a life that was comfortable here. Once they stepped away from it they wouldn't be able to come back so easily. He had already made a choice today that might actually get him banned from the department store, he didn't know how far-reaching those consequences would be. "We face it together. Yeah we might be a bit out of touch, and we are older now than we were then, but we also know more, we can manage more, and we can travel together."

"Don't forget that the pokemon centers are still hostels for any licensed trainer, a free night's stay, and a cooked meal is guaranteed. It won't all be roughing it out in the bush." She asked him if he had the paperwork and he smiled passing her a folded piece of paper. "Honestly I kinda picked these up a couple of days ago. I've been thinking about this for a while. I even filled out mine, except for the date and signature." He sat back in his chair for a moment. "and you're right, I'll have to catch something new, and diversify. Walking around with two psychic types, even a psychic fairy type wasn't a smart plan."

He had never had a problem with the traveling part of the pokemon journey. He had excelled in camping outdoors and had only really gotten lost once in his experience, but he had decided he had wanted to be a monotype trainer and that left him vulnerable, especially since Sunny was so small, and Astra had his timid nature so his team had never been a great battling team. "I know I'll need to catch something in the wild, and that might be difficult considering Sunny's strength, using Astra almost seems cruel, but I'm sure we will find another pokemon on our journeys to add to my team."

When she talked to Sunny, his eyes seemed to think about something, and she would hear the Espeon's distinct mental touch, not so much a voice and more like he put words into people's minds. It was a cold touch almost like brain freeze when it 'spoke'. Bring it, I'm a warrior, not a house pet. You may not admit it, but you know that this will be good for Dart as well he wants to stretch his wings as much as anyone else. We are all so restless. Its words concluded with a loud "Essspree." as Sunny yawned.

"I might need some help catching a new pokemon or two, but outside of diversifying my team, I'm ready to do this with you." Kito smiled at her, reaching out to touch Iza's hand. "Even if we struggle, it will be us against the world this time, we will always have at least one person to help look after us."

oh how exciting, hostel food...
She grimaced momentarily knowing that being picky was a bratty thing, but when you are able to make your own money and buy food you like versus eating rations. But Kito was just giving a best case scenario for any fears she was having. Iza did not like being such a pessimist, but it had kept her living this long...
just got to let that go... need the same energy kito was giving- i just need to be a carefree hopeless romantic in this.
Iza smiled slightly looking at the paperwork. the sheets creased and wrinkled from Kito's constant opening and folding as this idea kept him fidgeting for days now. "You should get a Bug... or maybe a Water type." Honestly any type would be good for him. Psychic types were pretty strong, but chuck a Shadow ball or a Dark Pulse and they would fold like a fan. "Heh get a spooky Ghost" she added side eyeing the Espeon.

Iza rolled her eyes a bit against the pressure created by the psychic runt speaking into her mind. He was a runt of his kind and if he was not a psychic type he would be punted over a fence a fast as any Caterpie or Wurmple. But she could not argue with Dart wanting to go out and stretch his wings once again. She had been using the Bat Pokémon for labor jobs and treating him as if he were just a Furfrou. That could be the reason he has not changed into a Crobat... their bond had weakened over the time away from battling. They had become just roommates in a way, and she felt a small pang in her chest at the thought.
you can know the truth in my mind, but i won't admit out loud you're right...
She mentally stuck her tongue out at Sunny.

"Well we have enough side cash to buy up some Great Balls or Nest balls to catch something new... It wouldn't be so hard to catch Pokémon these days with the quick advances in Pokéball tech over the five or so years." The woman narrowed her eyes as a thought hit, "hell, we could just forget about paying rent, break the lease, shoulder the debt until after our adventure... not like we'll have a forwarding address for a while so they won't really have a way to bother us short of making a warrant for our arrest- which is such a waste of resources." The idea felt like one Kito would have suggested at this point, but it seemed like the best choice to really say "fuck it" and take their chances in the world.

"We will do this together," she gripped his hand as he touched her. She grabbed and looked over the paper before taking out a pen from her jumpsuit pocket, "Let's be impulsive..." she gave a quick chicken scratch signature, dated it and then pushed the paper and pen over his way before she then reached out with her free hand and grabbed one of the RotomDexes, "how do you work these things?" Iza in an almost childish action gave the device a shake. "Wakey wakey!" She felt a moment of manic excitement. She was about to team up with her childhood friend, not as a rival but a partner to take on the Hoenn region- hell maybe even beyond!

"I guess we will see what I can catch," Kito said with a faint smile he didn't really mind the idea of a ghost or a water type. He didn't really know what the world would have in store for him that was part of the fun. She mentioned that the world of Poketech had changed since the last time that they were trainers and he laughed a little. "It has been a long time, but maybe we wanna keep some of that side money for potions and remedies we have pretty small teams so it would be best if we could keep a small pharmacy with us." He said thinking it over and going over his own finances.

He looked around the small two-bedroom apartment that they had shared since they had arrived here, exhausted and broken, he remembered those first few months, when they had struggled to get jobs. This place had sheltered them through a lot, and they had made a life here. A life now both of them were leaving. "It's a dangerous thing, going outside your door. You step on the road and if you can't keep your feet there is no telling where you will be swept off too."

When she went to examine the Rotodex he grabbed his own, trying to figure it out, but it would be Iza who hit the power button first. The screen flashed up, its eyes opening, but the loading screen seemed to glitch as the progress bar halted, and then stopped, and then Rotom came to life. "Gr-greetings user, I am Rotom-dex. I must inform you that several important system updates have failed to load on the account of the fact that I seem to lack a serial number. I would like to inform you that tampering with and modding the unit in this way has voided my warranty."

Kito actually sat up in his seat as the Dex seemed to float animated by its own power at this point. "I didn't do anything like that I only took it out of a box in the backroom, I swear I didn't mod the thing."

"I am attempting to run a full diagnostic tool, to see what has transpired, however, it would seem that I run several new features, it will take time to sort them out, however for the moment I have all the standard capabilities of a regular Pokedex, from long-distance calling to GPS and mapping, to calendar and scheduling applications. So user please provide your name, date of birth, and trainer ID license number"

"I can't believe you just quoted Lord of the Klefki and think it made you sound cool..." she murmured with a half smile rolling her eyes. With a few fidgets of her fingers the screen of the Rotom device came on. Iza felt a small painless jolt go up her arm as she released the item as it started to hover in the air between the two adults. "... I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable about this now.." she muttered hearing the shady bits of information about removed serial numbers and tampering. Kito would not have done anything too illegal- she could not say he would not do anything illegal as he stole this stuff, but still... eh but it was suddenly a thought that she was jumping to an unfounded conclusion as these were in the storage area and could just be junk left to be recycled or destroyed. "Basic use is good enough- not going to need you to preform quantum equations- that whole Meteor thing was near a decade ago" she tried to joke a bit before reaching out and grabbing the other device.

Pressing the same buttons that awoke the first RotomDex this one however released a loud screech that made both Dart and Snap bolt up. The device ripped itself from her hand before flying past the first RotomDex and slamming into a wall, "S-zzzYteem Errzzzz! Dataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah lockkkkkkkk! C-c-c-c-ode deleee-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-eeeeeeeee!!" Iza winced covering her ears. The sound was worse than a Golbat's Screech! "Zzzerial remoo-o-o-ovvvv'd! Case dam-dam-dam-" The device flew across the room hitting another wall as Dart moved out of the way in time the large flying Pokémon knocking over a lap as it did so, "Golch!" it looked annoyed a the broken lamp then back at the device. Snap had decided his best action was to start chewing on the couch dragging the furniture over to possibly use it as a weapon.

"Da-da-dam-age! zzzz! ZZZZZZ! Un-a-a-a-a-able to update! Una--a-a-a-able to conne-e-e-e-ct!" Dart was able to smack the Rotomdex with his wing as the panicked creature made another pass to fly into a wall. Yet another lamp was destroyed, "Oh dammit, Dart!" Iza had gotten up to try and grab the Rotom only for it to have been hit by her Pokémon. "Bat..." The Golbat looked a bit upset before just moving away in the room feeling dejected and unwanted in this 'fight'. "Snap let the couch go!" Iza pushed the Deino slightly to try and get his attention only for him to quickly turn his head to try and snap at her, luckily he missed.

"C-cazzzz Damagezzz- new zzzzshell!" the high pitch whine of the defective device started to grow quieter before with a loud buzzing sound and a small flash of light the Rotomdex fell, but the screen was black and cracked severely, ".... where did it go?" Iza looked around of the mess now made by the incident. "Rotom don't die.... Ghost Pokémon just go somewhere else...." She liked 'dark' pokemon; poison, dark, steel, ghost... she enjoyed them and she had wanted a Rotom herself, but this one... was not happy or healthy. But it would not have left if it could have gone somewhere in the apartment.

"In my defense, they are good books." Kito shrugged a little guilty that he had been called out, but then again he had watched those movies with Iza multiple times. His attention returned to the Rotomdex's as Iza tried to turn on the one that would become his Rotodex. He was actually excited for it, the majority of faults and possibly illegal modifications aside. Which raised so many questions, why was there a box in the back of the department store full of illegally modified Rotodex's? His question had to wait a moment longer as his rotodex seemed to go berserk, cracking its own screen, and breaking free of its 'shell'. Iza's pokemon all acted up, and he just looked at Sunny.

Sunny gave this calm look of 'it's not my problem bro'. "Oh shit." As the Rotom left its shell behind. He looked around the apartment for a moment, the lights flickered as Iza asked where it had gone. He looked around for a moment. He felt worried in his gut as he got up from his seat, and looked around the small apartment. There were so many possibilities. "We have poké-insurance right?" He had brought into their home a damaged, and hurt Rotom, he felt responsible, but he knew it was going to get worse before he could get the chance to make it better.

Thankfully the apartment building didn't have single-unit washing machines so that took one shell out of its possibilities, but basically, everything else would be a playtoy for the scared and hurt creature. "Rotom?" Kito asked as he walked forward a little bit. "Rotom where are you?"

He called out to the frightening monster, but at the same time looked to Iza. "Grab some pokéballs. I know we have a few left." This was a code red situation, they were about to really need just about everything that they had from their old lives.

Just as he said it the blade of a fan whirled towards him. He just managed to throw his body out of the way, as the fan blade impaled itself into the wall several inches deep, struggling to remove itself. "You voided-ed my warranty! I will not... no s-sla-ave!"

"Sunny use Psychic, try to weaken it," Kito called out to his allied pokemon, who got up, stretched, and then went towards Kito's bedroom slamming the door behind him. "You... fuck being a trainer again was your idea!"

A moment later Rotom had left the fan behind, only for the kitchen to start a fire as the oven started to dance.

"Poke-Insurance? We don't have normal insurance!" The woman snapped feeling over whelmed by the scene. She never told Kito that she had only registered his Espeon on the lease, she came home late enough she expected no one to see her Golbat and Deino slept most of the day- and Kirlia does not leave his ball, so it was only an extra 250 Pokébucks a month versus 1000... Also she knew the residents on either side of them also had unregistered Pokémon on their own leases so no one was really going to snitch. So long as they left the place clean enough to just lose a deposit and not get a bill that was all that mattered. Iza almost wanted to laugh at that thought as she saw the broken stuff and cracked wall. She looked back at her Deino who was still tightly latching down on the sofa tugging it causing the fabric to rip a bit. "Snap, let it go!" she said between clenched teeth her tone a bit hysterical before looking back at her Golbat who looked pouty in the other room resting his odd feet on the ledge of a window pushing the blinds around with a soft cringle sound. "Oh Dart, don't be like that.. we have too much trouble for that! Snap stop!" she turned as she heard the rip louder now and then in a sharp tug the Deino had a chunk of couch in his mouth and was shaking it like an upset Growlithe. "... great.." she looked back to Kito.

Iza blinked at her roommate like he had evolved into a Dodou- "really? that's what you want? Pokéballs?!" She wanted to berate him further when things escalated suddenly. Iza threw her hands over her head when she heard the sound of whizzing metal. She did not see the Fan-form attack Kito, but working all the odd jobs in all the weird and different fields she knew that noise and the only reaction to have was to cover your brain case and tense. She winced her eyes open and looked over at her roommate as he faced down the scared and confused Ghost-type. It sounded scared and upset at whatever was done to the device it had been housed in. "Kito, don't-" she breathed as he addressed his Espeon to use an attack, but her unease and brief panic was cut short as the Psychic-type merely ignored him and walked off.

Then the fire started- "Oh Lugia's Storm!" she swore rushing off to the closet as the Rotom took over another appliance. She shoved away old coats and then found a worn and dingy box. She could smell the smoke and the day went from 'breaking a lease and going on adventure' to 'we are going to fucking jail!!!' she flipped the lid of the box open and grabbed some older looking Pokéballs, they were not the latest models, hell even by standard Pokéballs they had a bit of scratches from travel and their moving, but they should still function. "Kito!" Iza shouted as she stood from the closet and underhanded throw a ball at him. "You have to get it to come out! You can't catch a Rotom while it's in a shell!" she advised frantically looking at the room his Sunny secluded himself to, to avoid the conflict. "Dart! Confuse Ray!" she ordered her Golbat, her tone holding a confidence and authority it had not possessed outside of work in a near decade.

The Bat Pokémon suddenly straightened from his depression-windowsill and a gleam showed in his eyes. "Golch!" floating between his open wings floating over his opened maw an orb of swirling black and red light appeared before launching itself and fading through the burning and jumping stove.

Sunny sat on the bed in Kito's room. All things had gone according to the plan. As he sat methodically thinking things through, the higher evolved species he reflected, and also packed. His mind allowed him to levitate and manipulate the items about the room that his trainer would require. He had been trying to get Kito out of the house and back on the path of adventure for years, but he had known that he couldn't get the man to move without the approval of his old friend. Kito had too many emotions wrapped up in his life with the girl, and he knew Iza would never move forward if she had somewhere to return. In the end, he had taken drastic measures to pull Kito out of his emotionally depressive spiral, and he knew Iza would suspect him for something. The creature knew she viewed him as evil. So the destruction of the house was a necessary sacrifice. Of course, he knew this would all come back to bite him, but by the time the two of them realized that he had pushed the dominos into motion, the others would have nowhere to return to and be forced to move forward with a life more suited to them. In the end, it was all for the greater good.

Packing up everything that Kito would need, he opened a window and tossed it out into the yard a safe distance from the fire. He then stretched, gave his mind a second to rest before he reemerged from Kito's room assessed the situation, and then walked across the house to Iza's room opening the door and letting himself in, so he could grab her items, packing her bags for her as well, while he did not care for Iza the way that Kito did, he also didn't wish harm on either of the humans, and he knew that she would wish to keep the majority of her stuff safe from the coming fire.

~~~

"Okay if we have to shove it out of its shell, then we don't really have a choice." Kito pulled the ball he had attached to his belt, he always kept Astra safe and with him, and letting him out was probably the only way that the two of them could manage this situation. "Astra out!" He released the Pokeball in a blinding light, revealing a Kirlia who stood for a moment, pulled from its personal paradise, and shoved into a situation where it would be forced to battle, the pokemon actively shivered. Kito moved forward and placed a hand on his back.

The Rotomstove continued to spew fire about the kitchen catching and spreading small fires as it rampaged. However it seemed to trip over itself and dented its shell in its confusion. Kito sighed, this was pretty much his fault. "Hey buddy it's been a while, I really need your help." Despite all the chaos and fire happening around him, Kito had to remain calm and collected. Astra was highly empathic, and could feed off its trainer's anxiety, so for now he had to push any of that aside, and focus on doing the right thing. "You got this right?"

"Aa-A-stra."

"Astra, use Hypnoses. Buy us some time to fix this."

Astra's eyes glowed bright pink, and the Rotomoven stopped mid rampage. Slowly soft snoring started to come from it.

"Okay that gets us a moment, Iza get the working Rotom, it might know how to break it free so we can catch this thing."

Back
Top Bottom