Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

40K painting again, 1000 points in >:)

Ou that's neat. I'm just getting back into it. I really wanna build a few different armies but I need to pace myself. . . rent and groceries are important I guess ; -;

hahah, I want to build an Imperial Fists army next maybe. . . or Tau if their new codex seems real enough, I like their models but I'm also a big ole' loser who likes to play competitive lists.

I've thought about doing a Blood Angels or Space Wolves army but with Space Marines it's all sorts the same, only the few unique minis some of them get differentiates them

The models are fantastic. My only critique - and I admit, this is a personal bias I have and not indicative of your skills as a painter... But I feel your terminators are a bit too clean. I always feel armor like terminator armor should look a bit more weathered - it's seen centuries of usage and countless fields of battle no doubt. Some weathering, maybe some attempts at battle damage, etc - could go a long way to making them look interesting.

That being said, they're still fantastic and that's just a personal critique I have, your skills as a painter are great.

The models are fantastic. My only critique - and I admit, this is a personal bias I have and not indicative of your skills as a painter... But I feel your terminators are a bit too clean. I always feel armor like terminator armor should look a bit more weathered - it's seen centuries of usage and countless fields of battle no doubt. Some weathering, maybe some attempts at battle damage, etc - could go a long way to making them look interesting.

That being said, they're still fantastic and that's just a personal critique I have, your skills as a painter are great.
Thank you kindly for the critique - it is welcome. I don't disagree with you, I think you may be right honestly. I'm not sure I want to take the time to touch them up. . .

Maybe when I get to painting the rims on the bases I'll give them a little bit of a wash and some nicks.

Do you have any recommendations on how you'd achieve a more weathered look?

I've thought about doing a Blood Angels or Space Wolves army but with Space Marines it's all sorts the same, only the few unique minis some of them get differentiates them

Yeah, I honestly want to do a stupid fast attack based list with maxed out fast attack, 6 full squads of primaris inceptors with assault bolters (240 5 str shots seems kinda silly but I could be wrong) then imperial fists 'cause they do the silly thing with bolters I thought.

I'd suggest a bit of agrax earthshade in the recesses of the models. I think that would help give the terminators a darker look overall as well. Agrax earthshade is fantastic for tans and browns to give them a more gritty look I feel. That being said, try it in another model or two first, see how the agrax affects the recesses of a test model before you do that just so you can get a feel for it.

Thank you Revelations, I happen to have a fresh pot of Agrax Earthshade in my bin! It doesn't dry glossy does it? ; - ; I was too scared to use it and find out.

It's been quite some time since I used eartshade and they may have changed it, but I don't recall it being too glossy. That being said, always test it out on a different /test model first, better to see how it affects that model rather than botch a model you're proud of!

Good thinking, I'll let you know how I come up with it! If you ever feel like showin' off some of your battle-barbies I'd love to see too. :)

Back
Top Bottom