Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Smutty D&D: Curse of Strahd

Fantasy_Picaresque

Shortstacks! <3
CURSE OF STRAHD

Under raging storm clouds, a lone figure stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. The vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stares down a sheer cliff at the village below. A cold, bitter wind spins dead leaves about him, billowing his cape in the darkness.

Lightning splits the clouds overhead, casting stark white light across him. Strahd turns to the sky, revealing the angular muscles of his face and hands. He has a look of power—and of madness. His once handsome face is contorted by a tragedy darker than the night itself.

Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind's howling increases as Strahd turns his gaze back to the village. Far below, yet not beyond his ken, a party of adventurers has just entered his
domain. Strahd's face forms a twisted smile as his dark plan unfolds. He knew they were coming, and he knows why they have come—all according to his plan. He, the master of Ravenloft, will
attend to them.

Another lightning flash rips through the darkness, its thunder echoing through the castle's towers. But Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind—or perhaps a
lone wolf—fills the midnight air. The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner.

And you are invited.

--

Hello everyone! I'm looking to GM one of my favorite 5e D&D adventures, Curse of Strahd! It's a gothic horror-themed setting full of horrible monsters and supernatural tyrants, and as such, I believe it'll lend itself well to gritty, bad-end type smut, which is of course my favorite sort. <3

To begin, I'm looking for one or two players at the most to run through this version of the campaign, which I'll be posting for here on the forums, so as to make accessing the campaign as easy as possible for everybody involved. Combat will be largely freeform and significantly dumbed down, as my grasp of the rules isn't perfect to start, and I'd rather not struggle with maps. That being said, dice will still be used to simulate various elements of chance.

As far as content goes, you should expect a world of men and monsters, nearly all of which are more than willing to take advantage of any adventurers unable to stand up for themselves in this dangerous place. Meaning, "bad ends" will likely be a common occurrence, but never permanent, as death would obviously end a campaign fairly quickly. :p That being said, the campaign's original narrative will remain in place, so only apply if character-driven roleplay is of serious interest to you!

To begin, simply create a Level 1 5e D&D character, and include a backstory as well as maybe some information about you and your kinks!​

Last edited:
I'd be very interested! I started a Curse of Strahd campaign once, but never got the chance to finish it... also it might be fun to see my poor rogue subjected to a bad end or seven... I actually have an f-list specifically for her

Fiera Evenshine, Half-Elf Rogue
Sexuality: Bisexual
Player Comfort: Any gender, non-con welcome, con would require a lot of build up first
Secret: Witch-Kin
Character Sheet
Brief Summary: Fiera was raised in seclusion by a spymaster; despite her extensive training, she always found herself a disappointment to him. This came to a head the first time she was assigned to an assassination--a minor noble of her own country. While she did manage to accomplish her mission, she was seen as she tried to escape. With her face known, at least to authorities and bounty hunters, she was no longer a useful asset and the spymaster cut her loose. For the past few months, she's been traveling, trying to keep a low profile, and trying to keep herself distracted from the loss of her life's purpose and the inevitable end that she is sure is closing in on her.
Fiera's earliest memories are in the catacombs beneath the estate of Lord Evenshine. On paper, he was a minor noble, a man of no authority or importance save that he had inherited a rather comfortable estate--and even that was only important in that, when the Queen's business took her to that part of her nation, she found him a particularly agreeable host. The truth, however, was that Lord Evenshine ran a spy ring, one which did not exist on any book or budget and which answered only to the Queen herself.

Fiera does not know how she was acquired by Lord Evenshine, though she has gleaned over the years that he anticipated her having some natural talent that would make her an ideal agent. He had high hopes for her, hopes that Fiera has never once lived up to. Evenshine and his underlings taught her everything that they thought a spy should know--stealth, observation, and infiltration--but found those skills undercut by difficulty in more basic human development. Fiera had a hard time making conversation, or even following a conversation between more than two people. She had a hard time with noise in general; the first time they sent her out in public, she was completely overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of a marketplace and lost track of the mark she was supposed to be following. Evenshine reasoned that these skills should have emerged naturally; after all, no one had ever sat him down and explained to him how to talk to people, it had just come to him as he'd grown up. He deemed Fiera defective--a label she accepted, lacking the context to dispute it.

Still, Evenshine was determined to make the most of this girl he'd spent more than a decade training, and Fiera was eager to be of any use she could to him. She was no good in missions with a social aspect, but if all she had to do was slip into a room in the dead of night and take something, or plant something to be discovered later, she proved to be reasonably competent. Evenshine was always quick to explain to her what she could have done better, but at least she always came back successful. That is, until her first assassination.

The target was a minor noble of her own country; Fiera never even considered asking why he had to die. She simply did as she was told. Everything went smoothly, right up until she had her blade against her target's chest. He awoke from the sensation, startling her, and although she managed to run him through the heart before he could call for help, that moment of panic had overwhelmed her and left her in a state of delirium. She sat over her target's body, absentmindedly watching the blood spread across his sheets, until she felt someone's hand on her arm.

By some miracle, she managed to escape the scene, but it didn't matter. She'd been seen. It was only a matter of time before her face appeared on bounty posters. Evenshine decided that Fiera had outlived her usefulness, and assigned her one final task: run for the border, allowing herself to be seen just enough to leave a trail. She needed to leave the impression that she worked for a foreign power, and that she was retreating to her masters.

So, she did. And once she'd left a convincing trail, she turned her thoughts to the future--a future without the purpose she'd spent her whole life striving to fulfill. She hadn't even been good at the one thing she was born to do; what could she possibly do now? It was not a pleasant prospect to dwell on. For the most part, Fiera's been seeking distraction, mostly in the form of complicated puzzles and life-threatening danger.

Last edited:
If there's only two slots available, I don't want to miss out while waiting to find out if MxM is ok. So, here's my submission. The game I made him for tanked before it got going, so I'll adjust him for this game if I'm accepted, but he's an Earth Genasi fighter who's out to prove he's the toughest there is. I have the general idea that MC's father was a dao. MC's got major daddy issues, trying to show that he's strong enough to deserve attention. So, being a big strong hero is a way to do that.

I'm thrilled at having received so much interest already! <3

As far as questions go, smut will be handled in a way that's relatively organic. "Scenes" can come about willingly, initiated by either players or NPCs, or non-consensual scenes might occur, which will generally only happen as a result of failed combats. Given that we'll be adjudicating combat in a mostly freeform setting, that means that it'll largely be up to the player how effective a monster might be. : )

Of course, not always! I'll have the final say as GM, just to keep that element of risk around.

--

For creating characters, you'll want to use the Point Buy System, and I'd prefer if you were to create them on Dndbeyond, but anywhere works! While any race or class of character is permissible, for immersion's sake I'd strongly consider restricting your choices to the core races: humans, elves, dwarves, half-elves, half-orcs, gnomes, and halflings.

As this is a roleplay-heavy campaign, you should consider creating a character that is linked to other players, including being related, married, of the same religion, in the same association, or by a common philosophy.

If I receive significant interest, I'll likely have to select a party out of all the submissions, so there's no absolute guarantee that characters with linked backstories will get in together, but I'd say it certainly helps!

EDIT: And if you could mark somewhere on your sheets what your character's sexuality is, as well as what you (the player) are comfortable with your character having as partners (as male on male or female on female non-con might otherwise be on the table).

Oh, another important thing!
I would like each of you to select one of these secrets, which will eventually contribute to the narrative in some way.

1. Crimson Beginnings
In your earliest memory, you are lost in the woods and covered in blood. The memory still haunts you and colors your dreams in red.

2. Silver Blooded
You are the descendant of an ancient silver dragon, who's blood and/or magic still manifests in your family line. You know little of your distant relation, except that the dragon was a paragon of good.

3. A Deal Struck
You died once. You would have stayed dead if it weren't for some otherworldly entity that made you a deal. One day, it will give you a single command that you must follow, no
matter the cost. You agreed to the price and rose from the dead. The entity has been completely absent from your life
since.

4. Prophetic Nightmares
One of your parents had the gift of foresight. Sometimes, you have strange dreams that come true, but only in the worst ways.

5. Guardian
You own a necklace with a small amber pendant. Within the pendant lies a dormant, evil entity and you are its guard. With each passing year, the entity grows stronger and you know
that one day it will escape from its prison unless you stop it.

6. A Holy Calling
You recently received a holy vision from a god of light - perhaps Lathander or Pelor - featuring a fallen angel. Though you were unable to identify the god contacting you or this
angel's face, the message was clear: Kill the fallen angel before it is too late.

7. A Strange Elf
Prerequisite: You must be elf or half-elf to have this secret.
Your elven blood is dubious. With physical traits of both wood elves and drow, you have black hair and charcoal-colored skin, but don't quite fit into either subrace. These physical abnormalities make you an outsider to most elves and many believe you were touched by the Shadowfell as a baby.

8. Demonic Heritage
You have an infernal heritage, though you don't know where it originates. If you are not a tiefling, you have an unusual marking that represents your evil ancestry, such as a patch of
red skin, pointed teeth, or claw-like fingernails. Such physical signs of your heritage appear in every member of your blood family.

9. Arcane Mystery
You have obtained an unfinished spell scroll written by the legendary mage, Mordenkainen. It seems to be an unfinished prototype for a new spell. You have been searching for a mage talented enough to finish the spell, or at least understand its purpose.

10. The Moon's Curse
Prerequisite: You must be a shifter (race) to have this secret. (I'd recommend the race solely for this secret!)
You and your family are werewolf lycanthropes. However, your curse is quite weak and none of your family can spread it through bite. Instead, it is passed on genetically. Unfortunately, though you and your family members lived peaceful lives, a hunter came through your town and murdered many or all of them. You've been tracking this hunter ever since.

11. Host
At one point, you came in contact with a small, living black vine of unknown origin, about the size of a piece of thread. When you touched the vine, it pierced your skin and crawled
into your veins. That little vine lives within you still and sometimes you can see it moving beneath your skin.

12. A Cycle of Death
You are haunted by the memories of your past lives. But the only memories you receive are of the moments before your previous deaths. You remember being stoned by a village, the
clench of a wolf's teeth around your throat, and falling an impossible height only to feel your bones shatter on the impact. Of all the deaths you remember, not one has you dying old in your bed.

13. A Verdant Treasure
A mysterious, hooded individual once appeared on your doorstep and handed you a glowing, fist-sized, green gemstone. As soon they gave you gem, they dropped dead. Though you don't know the gem's true purpose or origin, it brims with life-giving magic.

14. Greenteeth
You once knew an old herbalist named Jeny Greenteeth who told you crazy stories of the Feywild. Though you originally thought that this woman simply lived in the Feywild for a time
to have such knowledge, you now have reason to believe she was actually a powerful archfey. Before you could discover the truth, she vanished.

15. Hunter's Scion
After a monster hunter saved your town from some terrible threat, you became a student of this hunter. The two of you are close friends and the hunter holds you in high regard. However, your mentor left under mysterious circumstances and you've been trying to find them ever since.

16. Shell
You do not have a soul. You are desperately afraid of death and have been searching all your life for a way to earn a soul of your own.

17. Witch Kin
You are the descendant of an ancient and powerful witch that discarded her only child for being born a girl. Though that baby girl, one of your several times great-grandparents,
survived, remnants of that evil magic still courses through her bloodline.

18. Strange Romantic
You once fell in love with a vampire, but they were only using you for your blood. You found out their true intentions and managed to escape the relationship before it was too late.
However, the experience has left you jilted towards romance in general.

Name: Mica Pernel
Species: Earth Genasi
Class: Monk
Sexuality: gay (player has strong preference for males but will dabble with other things. noncon/dubcon is awesome)
Secret: Guardian
Brief History: Mica's mother was a brief distraction of a dao that left her pregnant and pining for his return. Mica was raised with the same expectation, and he aspired to impress his father when that day came. He trained at a nearby monastery to strengthen and toughen his body from an early age. One morning, an ember pendant was left on his home's doorstep. Mica's mother said it must be from his father, but his hope in that has faded as he grew to feel that there was something evil inside it. Now, he has two reasons to be strong.

I'll rework his character sheet if he gets selected, but that's the general idea. I'm happy to establish some link with other character(s).

Last edited:
I've played this campaign before. Still running it, in fact.
But the DM didn't take something into account when throwing Strahd at us in a random encounter and we ended up dropping him to 0 HP in the sunlight cast by the holy symbol you can find (can't recall its name at the moment) and subsequently perma-killed him so to keep it going the DM said that control of the land's titular Curse has shifted to a being or beings unknown at the moment.

That said, I might be interested if my capacities allow. I will try to let y'all know by New Year's at the latest, if that's okay.

So, a couple of questions. Can we use blood hunter? Are we able to use the lineages from the Guide to Ravenloft?
You can absolutely use blood hunter! As well as the lineages! : )

I'll be selecting the party sometime soon, let's say by midnight central time! So, if you're interested in maybe playing, be sure to submit a sheet before then. I can't be taking everyone, but maybe if there's enough interest I can run a second?

I'll check in around midnight!

You can absolutely use blood hunter! As well as the lineages! : )

I'll be selecting the party sometime soon, let's say by midnight central time! So, if you're interested in maybe playing, be sure to submit a sheet before then. I can't be taking everyone, but maybe if there's enough interest I can run a second?

I'll check in around midnight!
Thanks and I've already made one above!~

Added an extended version of the backstory. Been meaning to do that for a few days, but I think I got it in before the deadline...

Name: Grimaruk Brandr
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Paladin
Secret: Holy Calling

Brief History: The sole child of Riga Storm-Conqueror and the first born son of Alvis Brandr: Grimaruk Brandr is a man of two worlds meeting. Trained in orcish weaponry by his mother and trained in the paladin arts by his father, Grimaruk has become one of the Church of Lastai's finest warriors. He has been deployed to the Dark Continent by the church to preform his duties as paladin of Lastai : Defend the innocent, guide the repentant, purge the corrupt, slay the guilty, spread the love of Lastai. Clad in shinning armor and wielding a powerful hammer and sword, gifts from his loving parents, Grimaruk is eager to face the challenges the gods have prepared for him, and hopefully come back to his home with a wife in tow.

Brief Personality: A jovial man who'd much rather spend the day chasing barmaids and nuns than fighting, Grimaruk sees the value in offering those feared by society a chance to enjoy life rathe9r than cause harm. Though on the surface he seems carefree, he remains a steadfast warrior and strictly adheres to the oath he took. Even in the darkest moments Grimaruk keeps a smile on his face letting his fellows know all will be well.

O/O: (Hetrosexual) Grimaruk is a member of the Church of Lastai and views sex as another means to give thanks to his goddess, and before being sent on his mission regularly participated in Church wide sexual rituals. As a paladin Grimaruk believes redeeming evil souls through sexual relations and will attempt to save a dark soul with a sexual ritual unless they are too dangerous to be kept alive.

Charactersheet: Character Sheet
Faceclaim

Alright, hello everyone! I'll be selecting the group now.
If you do get in, feel free to drop by the discord! ravenloooft

So, here's our party: Fiera Evenshine (Morathor), Alabastra (Yellow Brick Road), and Grimaruk (Mosos). All other submissions are considered as alternates! If anyone drops out, I'll be certain to send you a PM, if you're interested!

Thanks to everyone! OOC Thread: Here!

I thought this was 1-2 players. Looks like it was every submission except me. :) I know Mosos is a ghoster, but good luck with the game.

Back
Top Bottom