Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Review My Thread Too? (Warning. Niche Content)

Carefree_Snake

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
I want to know if perhaps I am doing something wrong. Is it the order? The styling? I know it might be that things are way too niche and maybe I am "expecting too much" however, albeit rare. I used to pick up some interest here and there. I have returned from a short hiatus and I want to know if there are any issues.

Now, I used to have everything in spoilers and that didn't really help. Once I took them out 3 months ago or so to revamp my post, I got more responses and interest from users.

Any constructive input would be appreciated!

Too niche. Actual females want to play human or human like characters and the male be the monster. Also the hard no on noncon/rape is a hurdle. The thread itself is well done. It states your wants clearly and concisely. I just don't see a girl applying to it. I hope that I am wrong here. I really do.

Had some girls message on...softer scenarios, female werewolf x human male and female dragon x male rider being the most common. Or at least that how it was. Sometimes life happens and either me or my partners take a hiatus (nothing wrong on that). I basically applied a CTRL Z move to see if it goes back to gaining traction.

You're right about most girls wanting to play the humanoid while the male being the monster/beast. Even if I was clear about it I would get messages being "you play the beast" no place for doubling.

As per real females. I don't really mind if I am contacted by a dude, as long as he writes a decent story and knows how to play the characters, I really don't mind about gender.

Thanks for the feedback tho!

Please don't speak for all women, thanks. I am very much female and don't put restrictions like this on myself.

Sure, some prefer to play human/humanlike and some enjoy rape/non-con. Certainly not all. To state that "actual females" do anything collectively is honestly kind of offensive.

A valued contribution to the thread. What enlightened and helpful criticism.

Uh. Could you please don't argue here? I am sure it wasn't with malice or anything? I agree that it there might be a statistical trend or predisposition for certain kinks related to gender and such if we were to evaluate further.

I am not really aware how the lack of non-con affects my thread, it might have an effect or might not.

As per gender and role preference. I give this opinion based in the benefit of doubt (if user says is male or female, I have no way of knowing if that's the truth). However, there had indeed been instances in which I was approached as if the roles were reversed with no space for negotiation (note that I specify I am willing to double if that'd make my partner more open to dip his/her/their feet in the waters).

On the other hand, I have been approached by female users and I would say that before my hiatus the preferred roles were Dragon x Rider, Guardian, and Werewolf x Human. I do, however. Have to admit the interest flux the roleplay generates is low (something I have been trying to correct with variable results, but due to the nich-ness of the subject has been hard to make any quantifiable measures and variables such as publication times should be taken into account for such study and I am too lazy to make statistics for my posts 🤣).

I would really appreciate if we could go back to the subject at hand and leave with no harsh feelings :)

I'll just jump in here and try to help with some of the actual looks of it. Which, of course, I know I'm all artsy and extra, so don't feel obligated to do anything I suggest.

But, there is a lot of white, and centering, and perhaps it may just seem like an intimidating amount of text to read because of that. If you maybe went in and upped the text size to your green fonts, and at the same time, maybe colored the font of your pairing headers, it could help add some separation and thus make the sections seem smaller and less daunting, if that's a case for anyone.

We also have a cool new (I think it's new, I dunno, I normally just type in the code) button up at the top that can give a dividing line, which is in the last set of 3 dots, first button in the drop down. Maybe this could help?

~Jum

Formatting is as important as content.

As @Jumbled said - you've got a lot of white, centered, same-font, same-size text. Makes it hard for the reader to know what's a heading, what's a title, and what's idea.

Breaking up the white will help.

Also, don't space it out so much, maybe consider using spoiler buttons and/or slides to compact it a little...?

Oh, I will try giving it more color and personality. Might need to use the pc for that. I used to have the ideas on spoilers however they were kinda hidden. I noticed that taking them out gave the thread a wee bit more of visibility? But I can't really tell haha

You don't have to do spoilers.
I think if you define the topics with more visibility it's just fine.
Plenty of people keep their pairings and plots out for others to read without needing to click on a spoiler button. c:

Alright then! I will get on styling up my thread! Hopefully the make over will make it less dull and more of an eye candy!

Back
Top Bottom